This non-runner just ran a MARATHON!

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Awesome! Congrats! Honestly it makes me kind of sad that you say you don't like running etc. I love it - I don't really see why anyone would spend so much time doing something they don't enjoy... but good for you. I too am training for my first full Marathon and am shooting for a sub-5:00 finish so definitely be proud of that time - that's incredible. My only advice to you is.... there are so many awesome activities out there, I hope you can find something you truly love to do... because that is when it becomes magical.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    i'm also doing disney priness in February! it will be my first one and i'm just now starting to train :( (and haven't ran in 2 years!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Awesome accomplishment! Congratulations! And you rocked it to boot!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    What an amazing achievement, well done! :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Awesome! Congrats! Honestly it makes me kind of sad that you say you don't like running etc. I love it - I don't really see why anyone would spend so much time doing something they don't enjoy... but good for you. I too am training for my first full Marathon and am shooting for a sub-5:00 finish so definitely be proud of that time - that's incredible. My only advice to you is.... there are so many awesome activities out there, I hope you can find something you truly love to do... because that is when it becomes magical.

Appreciate the advice, but don't worry, running isn't all I do at all! I love lifting and I do that four days a week now. I also like classes at the gym and I do those when I can. But to me it's worth it to focus on running sometimes, even if I don't usually love it, because I DO love the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a race... there's nothing like it. And I have a nice little collection of medals now :) I think I'm addicted to races haha, so the training process always pays off.
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited November 2015
    Congratulations that is awesome!! And a great time as well. Your photos are beautiful! You look happy and healthy.
    I am training for my first marathon at Disney World in January and scared stiff, so it is great to hear you enjoyed yours! I did the Disneyland Pixie Dust (10km and HM) in May this year and had a blast! You are going to love the Glass Slipper - the Disney races are so fun
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    That is fantastic! And a great time too, especially for a first marathon! You should be very proud! Congrats!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    congrats. that's huge :)
    I hope to do a disney HM at some point in the next few years.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Talk about an amazing accomplishment! Thanks for sharing - I can't think of much more motivating to the rest of us. You should be very proud of yourself for sticking to your goals!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Awesome Job!!! I'm planning for my first full in February (if it don't get iced out)
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Congratulations! What an inspiring story! Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Nery_Tay
    Nery_Tay Posts: 81 Member
    Congrats! I did my first Marathon on March of this year. Many people think it isn't worth it/ it's way to difficult. I can say being near last I still loved running it because I felt so accomplished about it.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Congratulations!!! Amazing dedication! I can relate with not enjoying running but doing it anyways- I hate the process but the end, when you can bask in the feeling of accomplishment, is so worth it. :)
  • MtnGirl38
    MtnGirl38 Posts: 37 Member
    Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment, you should be proud!
    I started running with c25k too and the longest I've done is a HM. You are a true inspiration!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Kudos to you, fellow Floridian!!! I agree - the "high" from the race atmosphere and crossing the finish line - they are what spurs me as well. (5k-er here, cuz I'm old!!!) ;)
  • ImpracticalGirl
    ImpracticalGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Awesome!
  • mugglewump701
    mugglewump701 Posts: 116 Member
    That is amazing. CONGRATULATIONS!! I started running a few years ago, but never really increased my distance above a 5K. This year I decided I'd finally try a 10K and I just finished mine in 1:04:33. Now my husband and I are going to try to find a 15K or 10 miler. I haven't decided if I want to try a full marathon, but you've convinced me that maybe I should at least try one! That Princess run sounds fun, I'll have to look into that one :smile:

Thank you for sharing your story. So many people (including me before I started) think that they CAN'T run and it's just not true (well, with some special circumstances). You can do anything to put your mind to!
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Congrats - NY Marathon is on my bucket list for sure.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Good for you! I also find it hard to run because I don't get the "runners high" either but definitely awesome to complete a marathon!! Thanks for sharing your journey- very inspirational.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Great job lass!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!