WELCOME!!!! Lets introduce ourselves.

xoxoamandaz
xoxoamandaz Posts: 76 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
Hello Everyone! Lets get to know eachother! Tell us your story, or what your goals are....anything you wish to share.

I'll start with mine. I am Amanda. Hi!! I'm 26 years old, 5'4" and 237lbs. My goal is to lose 80-100lbs. I am going to try to document my journey hopefully here with all of you. I started this journey and lost 11lbs in a month, then slipped off and gained back 5 of them. I am trying to start again and stick with it thats why I was looking for all of you lovely people to help me stick with it. A little about my journey: I am a mom of 2 beautiful kiddos, and a soon to be wifey to an amazing man...we are getting married in December....and I work full time as a Medical Assistant. I try to find videos on YOUTUBE to workout to since joining a gym is not an option for me and I hate veggies so thats why its so hard to meal prep so I need help looking for recipes and ideas on how to incorporate more veggies into my diet..... Thats pretty much an overview of me so lets talk about you guys!!!

Replies

• dbgiltner
    dbgiltner Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm Debbie, 55, currently 202 after a 9 pound weight loss this past month...I would like to get down to 150-160....I have tried everything...I do good, and then I cheat it back… I am currently doing acupuncture to help me cut on my obsession with food and food cravings....I have a very supportive husband, four amazing adult children, and three grandchildren that I want to enjoy for many years....
  • nanabanana39
    nanabanana39 Posts: 26 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi! I'm Anna. I'm 39 yo wife and mom of 3 kiddos. I would like to lose anywhere between 80-100 lbs too. A couple of months ago i was diagnosed Type 2 diabetic. I really would like to stop medicines and prevent all serious complications associated with diabetes. The drs say if i lose a sigificant amount of weight it will bring my A1C back to a normal range and i won't need meds/glucose testing daily. I'll have diabetes for the rest of my life so its really a lifestyle change to keep it at bay . im following more of a low carb diet and don't even consume whole grains/whole wheat. My main source of carbs comes from veggies and fruits. Im also very interested in the keto diet. Nice to meet y'all!

sw: 272
    cw: 251
    gw: not sure yet
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Hello!
    I am Tricia, 41 married with one child. I started at 273.5 and am currently 264.4.
    I did Jenny back in 2007 and did really well, then got pregnant :-)

I did the program again in 2012, lost around 50, then started traveling a lot for work and I made excuses, then gave up. So three years later, I am back.

I am trying to exercise m-f for 30 minutes a day. I got a Fitbit for additional visual motivation.

I have a mini goal of being down 20 by Christmas. I don't eat Jenny every day, so I need to try to not get into trouble. Social events are difficult. Especially around the holidays!

I have a goal of 185
  • Gazz750
    Gazz750 Posts: 38 Member
    Ok, time I did this

HI :smile:
    I'm a 44 YO man, Married with 2 boys, living in Perth, Western Australia. Although I think I may have left things a little late to get my beach body for this summer
    I've been using MFP on and off for quite a while now and have had some really good results when i first started. But lately i have been slipping again and found the weight creeping back, so today I'm starting again with no more excuses.
    Hope you don't mind me joining, add me as a friend if you like
  • Hi!!! I'm Sherry, 44, mom to two beautiful girls, getting married sometime next year (we haven't set a date yet). I am 261, trying to lose 125 lbs, and currently doing Weight Watchers. :)
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi! I am currently doing the 21 day fix program! I go horseback riding 2 times a week.

I go to gymnastics for 1 hour and then cheerleading for 1 hour every Sunday.

I volunteer at the horse barn that I ride at once a week! :)

Right now I weigh 168.7 lbs and my goal for right now is I want to lose 18.7 lbs! :)
  • fitgirldrw81
    fitgirldrw81 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello! My name is Diane. I am 34, started MFP @ 240 lbs, currently weigh 231.9. I would love to be back at my highschool weight of 132 but am thinking 160 is probable a better and more attainable goal. I try to walk daily and have downloaded the C25k app that I want to start using soon. I am trying to utilize all of the suggestions I read about on here to make sure this time I can follow through with my weight loss. Here's to a healthier life!
  • xoxoamandaz
    Hello Everyone!!!! Im so glad that we have so many friends joining us....it is exciting to know we will have support through our journey. Thank You all for sharing your stories.....
  • hoodie954
    hoodie954 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello! I'm trying to lose too. I need some motivation and encouragement too. Happy to join you ladies!
  • nanabanana39
    We all got this and can do it!!! So how is/was everbody's day? I live here in the Denver area and it looks like we are under a blizzard warning so I'm hoping for a snow day!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi I'm 48 and a mom of a 22 year old who just went off to grad school. I had my Ah ha moment when she graduated college and I hadn't seen myself in photos in years. So I started the end of May at 168lbs and right now I'm 142 goal is to be under 140 by new years and in the 120's by summer. I started off with just walking everyday and now with winter approaching I use dvd's Leslie Sansone walk and Richard Simmons.
  • z_misetich
    z_misetich Posts: 40 Member
    Hello Everyone, I am a full-time working mother of 5 kids (2, 4, 6, 7 and 8... whew!). I am 26 years old and I am 5'7" and about 258 lbs right now.
    I have been on again off again with MFP, but, the other day when I got winded from running up the stairs (empty handed!!) I knew it was time to go back with a vengeance.

My ultimate goal would to be at 160, so that's just under 100 lbs! That's crazy to see in writing... -.-
    I would loooove to be under 200lbs by my birthday in February. That's a cool 60lbs in 3 months.. so 20 lbs a month.... slightly extreme, but I know it's do-able...
    I look forward to taking this journey with all of you!
    Add me as a friend if you'd like :wink:
  • Gazz750
    Gazz750 Posts: 38 Member
    hoodie954 wrote: »
    Happy to join you ladies!

Ahem?? :smiley:

• nanabanana39
    Hi I'm 48 and a mom of a 22 year old who just went off to grad school. I had my Ah ha moment when she graduated college and I hadn't seen myself in photos in years. So I started the end of May at 168lbs and right now I'm 142 goal is to be under 140 by new years and in the 120's by summer. I started off with just walking everyday and now with winter approaching I use dvd's Leslie Sansone walk and Richard Simmons.

Omg love Richard Simmons! I used to workout with back in the day...vhs tapes haha! Just got a couple of his dvds to work out with. Its fun and i like the music.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    @nanabanana39 Right now I have SUPERTONIN totally tonin dvd it uses a toning ring which I bought for 2 bucks on ebay and it came from china took a wee bit to get to me but I improvised til it got here. This one works your arms and abs and is about 25 minutes. I just love it I am hoping to get some dvd's for xmas as I asked my daughter for them but if not I will be getting them myself. LOL She is not a fan of Richard. Which ones do you have and what are your favorite?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    @nanabanana39 P.S. My first Richard Simmons was on vinyl yep a record that's dating myself. LOL There was no jumping up and down back then. LOL ;)
  • nanabanana39
    @2020pinktogo oh wow that is cool a vinyl record of Richard! The Supertonin sounds fun! I have sweating to the oldies 1,2, & 3. 1 is my favorite but i love all three
  • nanabanana39
    @2020pinktogo i hope you'll get some Richard dvds for xmas!!
  • xoxoamandaz
    z_misetich wrote: »
    Hello Everyone, I am a full-time working mother of 5 kids (2, 4, 6, 7 and 8... whew!). I am 26 years old and I am 5'7" and about 258 lbs right now.
    I have been on again off again with MFP, but, the other day when I got winded from running up the stairs (empty handed!!) I knew it was time to go back with a vengeance.

My ultimate goal would to be at 160, so that's just under 100 lbs! That's crazy to see in writing... -.-
    I would loooove to be under 200lbs by my birthday in February. That's a cool 60lbs in 3 months.. so 20 lbs a month.... slightly extreme, but I know it's do-able...
    I look forward to taking this journey with all of you!
    Add me as a friend if you'd like :wink:

AHHH u and I are the same age and my bday is in February too.....funny thing is the 200lbs goal is mine as well.......wtheck....lol....so glad u decided to join us here in our group....great things are coming from all of us.
  • annamtrx
    annamtrx Posts: 61 Member
    May I join, too?

My name is (also) Anna, I'm 42, I'm from Michigan, and I'm not terribly happy with the way I'm looking, lately. I've carried six babies in this womb, and I *look* like I've carried six babies in this womb! Even though my child-bearing days are over, I kind of kept 'padding' myself. In July, I hit the heaviest I've ever been, and decided that it had to change. Now, if not sooner!

So I took up intermittent fasting, asked my guy for a night to go lap swimming, and promptly lost ten pounds in July/Aug... which was a good start, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. Sept/Oct were feast months, and I maintained, but didn't lose... and then the first half of Nov we all got very sick, and I actually lost another five pounds from not being able to swallow ((!!)). Now that we're over the hump, I'm eager to get back to it.

My goal is to get down to a number that doesn't have a '2' in front of it by New Year's. And I'm a little nervous that now that I'm able to eat again, I'm going to put the 'November five' back on! Anyhow, a little support and encouragement might be nice.

It's nice to meet you ladies (and gent). :smile: