Bad News for Applebee's Lovers

Juliebean_1027
Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have some upsetting information for those of you who love the Applebee's Weight Watchers menu as much as I do... It's disappearing, and fast! Applebee's has already changed their menus to reflect some of the changes -- the Chicken Tortilla Melt and some other options that were previously listed are now buh-bye, and they are going to be discontinuing that entire WW menu within the next few months. I have a friend who works at Bee's and she said that apparently the dishes were not being prepared the way that WW had intended them to, therefore upping the calorie, fat, and point totals, and causing WW to request that the menu items be discontinued. :sad: :cry: :frown: :indifferent:

Hopefully they will replace those meals with other healthy options, but I for one, am sad. :frown: Just thought everyone would like a heads-up! :wink:

Replies

• Juliebean_1027
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have some upsetting information for those of you who love the Applebee's Weight Watchers menu as much as I do... It's disappearing, and fast! Applebee's has already changed their menus to reflect some of the changes -- the Chicken Tortilla Melt and some other options that were previously listed are now buh-bye, and they are going to be discontinuing that entire WW menu within the next few months. I have a friend who works at Bee's and she said that apparently the dishes were not being prepared the way that WW had intended them to, therefore upping the calorie, fat, and point totals, and causing WW to request that the menu items be discontinued. :sad: :cry: :frown: :indifferent:

Hopefully they will replace those meals with other healthy options, but I for one, am sad. :frown: Just thought everyone would like a heads-up! :wink:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Thanks for sharing that info, I love Applebees!
  • tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Thanks, Thats good to know.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    when I read this i immediately called my best friend who has worked at applebees for 4 years. She said the only things being removed are the chicken tortilla melt (WW) and the french onion soup. The other items are still on the menu just under the catagory of food they fall in ie chicken portobello is under the sandwiches and the steak is under the steak dinners. Whew what a relief to know at least in my area they will still be offered. :flowerforyou:
  • I always thought those meals tasted too good to be true!!
  • Juliebean_1027
    when I read this i immediately called my best friend who has worked at applebees for 4 years. She said the only things being removed are the chicken tortilla melt (WW) and the french onion soup. The other items are still on the menu just under the catagory of food they fall in ie chicken portobello is under the sandwiches and the steak is under the steak dinners. Whew what a relief to know at least in my area they will still be offered. :flowerforyou:

That is true, that the menu has been altered to show the immediate changes, but within the next few months all options will be removed. Maybe it's just happening in my area and your menu is safe! If that's the case, I'll be visiting for dinner often! :wink:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    :angry:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member

I remember when Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday's and Friday's had their "Atkins" menu..................I loved it!! They had good low carb selections, but was found out that their was hidden calories, fats, and carbs in the recipes, so Atkins Nutritionals had them to discontinue those menus also..............

i don't eat out very often, but when I do I opt for a salad, steak (medium) and a side of steamed broccoli with melted butter. I know that is low carb and pretty healthy.

It sucks that restaurants can't do the right thing so WW and low carb menu options can be a regular part of the menu without having to do a lot of scanning the menu or calculating stuff just to order and eat.
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Grrrrrr!:grumble: We just went to Applebee's last week and I had the WW tilapia and it was so delicious that everyone at my table was jealous. I then told everyone I know about it because it was so delicious. I really hope that they think this through a little. Between people trying to eat healthier and trying to save money, these restaurants are going to have to get it together to keep people coming in. I know that we have eaten out a lot less lately because it is easier to eat healthy at home.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    I am in LOVE with the applebee's oriental chicken salad! I get the half salad with grilled chicken and the dressing on the side. That way I can apply a little less than they would... its only like 300 calories and DELICIOUS!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    OMG I love that salad. I wish I could buy the dressing. So good. I have never ordered it with grilled chicken, that is a really good idea. mmmmmm applebees.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Hmmm... no Applebees within a 2 hour drive here, so no loss. But we do share in your pain. Really. This time is different. :wink: