Well, Darn!

This morning I stepped on the scale. Down 1.2 pounds Yea!

I proudly entered my new number in MFP. Now the downside, it readjusted my daily calories down from 1340 to 1280. Oh the fun of being close to goal. :smile:

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Ugh, that's less than a fun sized snickers bar!

But yay for losing weight. :)
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Ha ha, that is so true! I am almost back to being me. Yea!!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    And did you adjust your goal weight loss per week down, cos closer to goal you slow down rate of loss
  • pdxwine
    I did not adjust my goal weight. It has remained the same.

Yep, I know that the rate of loss slows. I am so cool with that. I have taken this entire journey one pound at a time.

No problems, it was just the first time, in quite awhile, that my daily calorie goal changed. :smile:
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    She meant the rate of loss, not the total end goal. For example, from 2lb/week to 1lb/week or 1lb/week to .5lb/week.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Well done on your continuing progress :)

As for the adjustment to the calories ... gotta love first world problems! I look forward to enjoying such a downside!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    She meant the rate of loss, not the total end goal. For example, from 2lb/week to 1lb/week or 1lb/week to .5lb/week.

Yes exactly ...purposefully slowing down rate of loss so achieving maintenance is an easier process

Close to goal? Aim for 250 calorie cut for 1/2 lb a week
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Congratulations on a great loss :]
    Unfortunately, the less we weigh - the less energy we need. Not fair, right?!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Yay! You got this. ;)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Yeah and what is really annoying is that the less you weigh, the fewer calories you burn! I guess that makes sense as a large SUV is going to take a lot more gas than a mini cooper.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    congratulations to you!!
  • pdxwine
    DOH! I read that wrong.

I have not (yet) adjusted my weekly goal. It has always been set at 1 pound per week.