What are your diet and fitness goals during this challenge?

thom2369
thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
My goals are:

1. Learn weightlifting finally!
2. Go to performance spin class
3. Jog on the treadmill
4. Eat smaller portions
5. Avoid unhealthy foods
6. Avoid alcohol

Replies

• scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    I slacked on fitness so I am looking forward to being active at least twice a week for 40 minutes.
  • sawsanib88
    sawsanib88 Posts: 7 Member
    I have gained about 8 kg during the last year. And my wedding is next february so, I definately have to lose some weight!
    I actually already started my diet three weeks ago and I am happy to see some results.
    my goals are:
    - excersice minimum 5 days a week ( strenght & cardio)
    - build muscles and lose fat simultaneously.
    - eat less carbs
    - eat more protein
    - avoid cake and junk foods.
    - limit alcohol consumption
    - learn counting calories ( my fitness pal helps alot)
    - I bought a jeans size 38 two months ago, which is two-size smaller than my current jeans size. My goal is to wear them and feel sexy wearing them by januray ^_^
  • heather82313
    heather82313 Posts: 6 Member
    I am in an unusual situation. I am married and my husband is incarcerated until next May. I had a baby 10 months ago. As of 2 weeks ago, I am working from home until April. Up until now, I've had to juggle being a first time mom with moving and working full time and dealing with everything else thrown at me in between. My main goal is to not give up on myself and stop making excuses. If I miss a work out or eat later than I would like, or anything from everyday life comes at me, I need to keep going. I want to really start paying more attention to nutrition facts and serving sizes. I want to work out at least 30 minutes a day five days per week. I'm ready to get this baby weight off!
  • thom2369
    I am in an unusual situation. I am married and my husband is incarcerated until next May. I had a baby 10 months ago. As of 2 weeks ago, I am working from home until April. Up until now, I've had to juggle being a first time mom with moving and working full time and dealing with everything else thrown at me in between. My main goal is to not give up on myself and stop making excuses. If I miss a work out or eat later than I would like, or anything from everyday life comes at me, I need to keep going. I want to really start paying more attention to nutrition facts and serving sizes. I want to work out at least 30 minutes a day five days per week. I'm ready to get this baby weight off!

I think its a great idea to focus on your health for you and your family. Hope that this group can be of some support for you during the next winter months. Do not give up! We all make excuses and I almost did yesterday my first day at the gym but I went there and had a good time.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    For me...
    I'd like to lose weight (obviously)
    I'd like to weight lift 3 times each week
    I'd like to work to increase my daily steps (via Fitbit)
    I'd like to drastically decrease white carbs and sugar (just got a pre-diabetes warning from doctor)
    I'd like to decrease my body fat percentage and my measurements.

Mostly, I really want to stick with a program!!! I believe I have some medical issues that are making it more difficult to lose weight. I want to stop getting frustrated and then giving up.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Exercise 10x per week.
    Weights at least 1x per week.
    Intense cardio at least 1x per week.
    Try the 21 day primal challenge!
  • mindovermeals
    mindovermeals Posts: 43 Member
    edited November 2015
    Wow! So many wonderful goals. Mine aren't as extreme I guess. My goals:

-Exercise at least 3x week for 30 mins. I work 12hr shifts 3x week on foot so I don't have much time after work.

-Eat some type of fruit AND vegetable every day. Hopefully more than 1 & 1 right ;)

-Decrease my body fat % by 5% and increase muscle.

-Be able to jog for 20 mins straight (this is the hardest for me).

-Stay under my calorie limit.

-Lose 15 lbs of course :smile:
  • thom2369
    Everyone's goals are personal and unique so I think any kind of goal is a great one that we can help each other achieve together! I just did my second performance spin class last night and learned how to do squats with the assisted weightlifting bar. (The one that is not totally free standing but offers some stability)
  • mindovermeals
    mindovermeals Posts: 43 Member
    I wish I had the nerve to go to a gym! I'm too out of shape to even think about going haha. I'd have to lose the weight first then go to the gym to build muscle after, once I don't look so fat lol.
  • thom2369
    sfsw_in wrote: »
    I wish I had the nerve to go to a gym! I'm too out of shape to even think about going haha. I'd have to lose the weight first then go to the gym to build muscle after, once I don't look so fat lol.

I still get it I think! I live in Korea so I have to go the gym with only Koreans and I am the only foreigner who is going there right now. The last two days I almost didn't go because I felt so nervous. But I am "faking" the confidence and trying to pretend like I am a bad*** gym goer and exerciser....

Go ahead and lose some inital weight through diet and taking walks and stretching out at home! Build up that confidence to walk into the gym or exercise class. But there is still a lot you can do just on your own in your own privacy too I think.
  • irunforpizza
    irunforpizza Posts: 52 Member
    My goals are:

1) Lose 15 lbs.
    2) Get the splits
    3) Squat my body weight
    4) Do a hand stand
  • valentinaruns
    valentinaruns Posts: 9 Member

In my experience, people are so focused on their own workout that they couldn't care less what anyone else is doing. I know that I personally pay no attention to anyone else while I'm working out. You should give it a try and see how it goes :)

• valentinaruns
    valentinaruns Posts: 9 Member
    CHALLENGE GOALS
    1. Work out 4-5 times a week
    2. Finish C25K/start training for a 5K
    3. Start strength training (currently only doing cardio)
    4. Start doing yoga again
    5. Eat more fruits + veggies
    6. Continue to cut out sodium
  • Madison_LH
    Madison_LH Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm so glad I found this group - it's exactly what I've been needing!

Goals:

1. Work back into working out regularly - I was crossfitting 5x/week until I broke my foot (not at crossfit) and was on crutches for a month. I just graduated from crutches to a boot, and will hopefully get cleared to start working out again next week. Fingers crossed!

2. Cut out most/all sugar - my goal is to have it only at events. I want it to be a treat, not a regular occurrence.

3. Generally maintain a mostly paleo diet. I don't want to be super hardcore strict, but I find I feel better when I follow this diet somewhat.

4. No mindless snacking/no eating after 8 PM. This is my biggest pitfall right now!
  • thom2369
    Madison_LH wrote: »
    I'm so glad I found this group - it's exactly what I've been needing!

Goals:

1. Work back into working out regularly - I was crossfitting 5x/week until I broke my foot (not at crossfit) and was on crutches for a month. I just graduated from crutches to a boot, and will hopefully get cleared to start working out again next week. Fingers crossed!

2. Cut out most/all sugar - my goal is to have it only at events. I want it to be a treat, not a regular occurrence.

3. Generally maintain a mostly paleo diet. I don't want to be super hardcore strict, but I find I feel better when I follow this diet somewhat.

4. No mindless snacking/no eating after 8 PM. This is my biggest pitfall right now!

Ughh I am definitely feeling some of those struggles! I have started eating less and healthier about a week ago but the last few days since I started working out a bit two I have had incredible cravings for sugar and fat! I gave in some yesterday and had bread with butter and some candy but I am hoping as time goes by the cravings will decrease. I want to slowly move to a meat/fish and veggies diet when it comes to dinners. Trying the no eating after 8 pm too but I have worked out kind of late this week and ate at 10 pm both times.

It takes time and effort to change our habits! Let's keep going slowly until we get to a good place where we want to be (hopefully without cravings)
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    edited November 2015

I was reading that jump rope is one of the best, highest calorie burning exercise that you can do! No gym needed! o:)
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    In the next twelve weeks or so, I'd like to:
    • be consistent in my food tracking
    • decrease body fat and maintain muscle
    • lift 4 times a week
    • bring back some clothes that have gotten a bit tight!
    • look super hot for my first Valentine's Day date with husband :)

• thom2369
    Menix8 wrote: »
    In the next twelve weeks or so, I'd like to:
    • be consistent in my food tracking
    • decrease body fat and maintain muscle
    • lift 4 times a week
    • bring back some clothes that have gotten a bit tight!
    • look super hot for my first Valentine's Day date with husband :)

Sounds like a great plan! Hope we can all stick together over the next several weeks.
  • Thefatanabanana
    Thefatanabanana Posts: 3 Member
    I also have a nice Dance performance on New years eve with some smaller outfits so the pressure is on!

My goals are:
    1) Loose weight the new year performance
    2) Feel more active in class and life in general
    3) Prepare for dance battle in February
    4) Lower sugar levels
    5) Tone legs and stomach
    6) Develop flexibility
    7) Do Yoga (can't afford classes but can do at home)
    8) Feel safe and confident for being outdoors on my own.
    9) Being able to enjoy a walk/hike.
    10) Be able to run to the mountains if I need to.

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    1. Log daily
    2. Sleep at least 7 hours/night
    3. No highly processed foods
    4. Be active/exercise 5 days/week