Thanksgiving & IIFYM bulking. who's cheating?

Hey guys, just wondering if I am not the only one who is considering cheating on thanksgiving and just forgetting my macros for the day. Obviously I'll still get enough fat/carbs/protein but I am not going to worry about going over my cals because it's too hard to track with all the homemade stuff..

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    After 14 weeks of losing weight every week I feel like I've got a better grasp on the principles involved in this process than ever before. I'm going to eat whatever the heck I want on thanksgiving day. (I'm actually kind of curious what this could possibly look like in my log at the end of the day!) Because now I'm assured when the day after Thanksgiving comes I'll know exactly what to resume doing. I really don't think the few big festive feast days of the year made me overweight. It was all those pesky regular days in between that got away from me
    ;-)
  • MollyBradford
    MollyBradford Posts: 14 Member
    For me, macros don't exist on major holidays or my birthday. If I was in prep it would be different, but I consider holidays to be meant for having a good time with family, not to be a time spent worrying about food intake.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    I'm about crush as much thanksgiving food as my stomach allows me to lol
  • healthy_hermione
    healthy_hermione Posts: 64 Member
    I'm definitely going to eat and be merry. I may try and go for a walk after dinner, but overall I'm not going to worry about my diet that day.
  • runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    You could bank calories for Thanksgiving! Look at your average calorie intake for a regular week; for Thanksgiving make a best guess at your intake adding on 10% for optimism:() then take off some calories from the days running up to the Big Day to offset the gluttony. Happy Thanksgiving American chums! Be grateful Thanksgiving is only one day, here in the UK our big feasting is Christmas and believe me this really does last 12 days as it runs right through to New Year's.
  • runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    Or just eat so much you are too sick to eat for a week afterwards ;()
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    I'm about crush as much thanksgiving food as my stomach allows me to lol

This.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    This is my 5th or 6th Thanksgiving on MFP. One day will does not spell doom unless you take home leftovers and make it a week or more. If you are cooking send most of the leftovers home with your guests. Enjoy the day and be thankful for all your friends and family. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    I'm going to track my macros, but each as much as I want. We're going to a buffet that's $50/person. I'm going to get my money's worth!