Walk 10,000 steps daily.

2»

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I only let myself watch tv on my phone while walking around my apartment complex. Also bought a little podium from Amazon to put my laptop on when working at home. I have a standing desk at work and love it!

My fitness tracker also gives me a fireworks display when I hit my target--I like the pretty fireworks!!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    I never realized people included steps to the bathroom, housework and walking around work place in their 10,000 steps. I only count steps totally dedicated to a speed walk. New way of looking at things.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    I only take 1 ingredient out of the fridge or pantry at a time. So cooking gets me a fair amount of steps. Also to put them back, they go 1 at a time.

Same with setting the table. Each plate fork spoon knife for the family gets placed on its own... It takes a little longer, but lazy Sunday today, I'm at 5000 steps before 1pm. Haven't even left the house yet.

• sloughj
    sloughj Posts: 11 Member
    64crayons wrote: »
    111grace wrote: »
    Hi I am going to try to make 2000 and work my way up. 10000 is mad crazy moves for me right now looking forward to having a really healthy life one day. I normally don't have pockets on me all day so what are the creative ways you keep it on you? my counter is on my cell phone.

I started around 3000 steps a day, and now I'm up to 5000. I tried 6000 for a week, and forget about it - for now. Considering that this time last year I was barely able to stand, I'm quite pleased with the progress. Do what you can do. Don't be discouraged by people who say it shouldn't be a problem to do 10000. You know if you're doing your best or if you're making excuses.

• sloughj
    sloughj Posts: 11 Member
    sloughj wrote: »
    64crayons wrote: »
    111grace wrote: »
    Hi I am going to try to make 2000 and work my way up. 10000 is mad crazy moves for me right now looking forward to having a really healthy life one day. I normally don't have pockets on me all day so what are the creative ways you keep it on you? my counter is on my cell phone.

I started around 3000 steps a day, and now I'm up to 5000. I tried 6000 for a week, and forget about it - for now. Considering that this time last year I was barely able to stand, I'm quite pleased with the progress. Do what you can do. Don't be discouraged by people who say it shouldn't be a problem to do 10000. You know if you're doing your best or if you're making excuses.
    Thanks for this post .This has really helped me. I don't want to keep droning on that I haven't met my 10,000 step target. Although I am trying hard
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    I discovered that the difference between a 7,000 step / day and 10,000 step / day life was adding a 30 minute walk. It was so incredibly easy! My dogs love me for it.
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    I am aiming for 10,000 steps a day. In the evening I check how many steps I have left to do. I march in front of the TV. The TV takes my mind off what I am doing. I usually watch PBS (USA) or Knowledge Network (BC, Canada), so there are no commercial breaks. Tonight I got in 2500 steps in 20 minutes to reach 10,000.