Weekend Check-in

Hello everybody! How was everybody's week so far?? Any highs or lows this week? Please share, we are to support you and each other on our wellness journey! My high of the week was yesterday my doctor was pleased with some weight loss and my blood glucose testing looking much better. I was happy the doctor was pleased with the appt cause I've been stressed about my recent diagnosed of diabetes. He gave good advice that its all about balance and that life is meant to be enjoyed. The journey of weight loss can be stressful. For example we can do great all week, the weekend comes and we deviate for some reason. It's okay no need to be hard on yourself or stress out, deep breathe, refocus, and move forward on the journey! Looking forward to hearing how our group is doing! :)

Cheers!

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Well no weight loss for the week which has been depressing. But as I have been working extra shifts I did not get in all the normal exercise I normally do so i was expecting it. At least my weight held and I just have to somehow get used to working extra shifts and doing the extra exercise. Which honestly I did really well til I hit week 3 of overtime and my body just said no more and I caved in to doing only half my routine. So this week I'm going to try to get back into the old routine.
  • I had a 2.4 lb loss this week, and I did get in some workouts, including a 2 mile walk today!
  • Well no weight loss for the week which has been depressing. But as I have been working extra shifts I did not get in all the normal exercise I normally do so i was expecting it. At least my weight held and I just have to somehow get used to working extra shifts and doing the extra exercise. Which honestly I did really well til I hit week 3 of overtime and my body just said no more and I caved in to doing only half my routine. So this week I'm going to try to get back into the old routine.[/quote

You can do it!!
  • nanabanana39
    nanabanana39 Posts: 26 Member
    @ 2020pinktogo i know exactly how you feel when there has been no weight loss, it can be upsetting, continue to move forward with your health goals and thats a positive that your weight held. It will get easier to balance work shifts and exercise. Be sure to squeeze in some well deserved rest to regroup the body's energy. Have a beautiful Sunday!
  • nanabanana39
    @Sherryisgettingfit congratulations on your weight loss!! I'm not an exercise person but managed to walk 3 times this week. Its a start that will lead to habit hopefully! I need to use my Richard dvds more often but lately my ankle is achy with this cold weather and walking is more tolerable. Have a beautiful Sunday!
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    edited November 2015
    I had a 2.4 lb loss this week, and I did get in some workouts, including a 2 mile walk today!

congrats on losing 2.4 lbs! :)

I gained 1.3 lbs this week. :(

Last week I:

Went horseback riding for 1 hour 2x last week.

I volunteered at the horse barn I ride at for 2.5 hours last wed.

Today I am going to gymnastics for 1 hour tonight and i'm going to cheerleading for 1 hour tonight! :)

I don't go horseback riding again until January.

• No workout today, I spent the day at my mom's...back at it tomorrow!!! Have a great evening!!
  • @nanabanana39 I am not a fan of exercising, which is why I usually stick to walking workouts!! Lol I'm trying to do more, though!!!
    @musicfan4life30 you will get that 1.3 off, gymnastics and cheerleading sound fun!!
  • nanabanana39
    @Sherryisgettingfit great choice of exercise to walk!! I walk too its easier on my ankle. Even though its been one year after fracturing, partial dislocation of my ankle and having 3 surgeries on it. It slowly returning to normal. Its the soft tissue thats slow healing. I miss jazzercise but theres a lot of bouncing and my ankle cant take it.Have a good day!!
  • nanabanana39
    edited November 2015
    @musicfan4life30 wow that is so cool you horse back ride and voluteer!! I am so jealous you to get to do fun stuff!!
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    I volunteered at the horse barn that I ride at today and I burned 527 calories while I was there volunteering doing barn chores! :)
  • nanabanana39
    I volunteered at the horse barn that I ride at today and I burned 527 calories while I was there volunteering doing barn chores! :)

Excellent!!! Wow that's great!!!
This discussion has been closed.