Coffee

ydyms
ydyms Posts: 266 Member
Need ideas how to keep low calorie since I drink about four cups a day... And yummy too?

Replies

• runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    Get different sorts of coffee and find one you like to take black.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    No sugar! Stevia only. :)
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    It would help if you told us how you drink it now.

I use a couple of packs of Splenda and two tablespoons of half and half in mine. To me the calories are very well worth it.
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Pawsforme wrote: »

I use a couple of packs of Splenda and two tablespoons of half and half in mine. To me the calories are very well worth it.

I agree! But in 4 cups, those calories add up :( That's why I need to cut calories :(

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    I used to use Stevia, no cream/milk/etc.. I slowly cut back on the Stevia until I could drink it black, which is how I drink it now. Black is gonna be the best option for your calories.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Hot black coffee year-round. 0-20 cal/cup, and you get used to the taste. I always drank it w/cream & sugar, but switched when realized it was over 300 cals/cup!!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited November 2015
    I learned to drink it black. I never did like it with sugar. After the first 3 or 4 cups of black coffee, I loved it...I can't stand coffee with milk or cream now except for the occasional latte / cappuccino, and that's more of a dessert rather than a coffee.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I use one packet of Stevia Better Blend with a few spoonfuls of non dairy creamer.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,084 Member
    I have learned to drink it black. All adding sweetness and cream to it do is mask the various flavors that different coffees have. I used to be a double cream, double sugar coffee drinker. Now I pretty much always drink it black no sweetening at all, and find when someone gives me a coffee with other things added I don't like it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Black...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I drink it black, unless it's the weekend and it's a social thing.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    ydyms wrote: »
    Pawsforme wrote: »

I agree! But in 4 cups, those calories add up :( That's why I need to cut calories :(

LOL! Four cups would just be getting my day started. ;)