What are your diet and fitness goals during this challenge?

Replies

• My goals:
    -get to the gym 4x a week
    -do cardio at least 8x a week
    -get my steps in
    -try to menu plan and bring healthy food with me to work instead of grabbing what's convenient
    -drop fat% (and if that drops my weight too, bonus!)
  • I'm coming out of years of extreme dieting combined with extreme exercise to get ready for bikini competitions. I need support and encouragement to not do that but instead to eat balanced & healthy while exercising a healthy amount. It's a difficult lifestyle to leave but it was very unhealthy and confining. I've never eaten balanced while exercising normally which means I have no idea what my ideal body weight or measurements are. I would like to learn what they are. I'm 5' 10" tall and weigh somewhere around 180 wearing a size 10. I think my ideal weight is 170 because my last competition I weighed about 159. Thank you for this challenge.
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    edited November 2015
    I weigh 168.7 lbs today and I would like to weigh 159 lbs. or under.

My goals are:

Starting Dec. 1st my plan is to do the 21 day fix workout program and eating plan every single day for the whole 21 days.

I want to starting Dec. 1st only eat out once a week.

Keep using my fitbit and try and get 10,000 steps a day.

To only weigh in once a week and to get on the scale only once a week.

Can't wait to get started with this challenge group! :)

• cr6nd
    cr6nd Posts: 23 Member
    I am getting married in May, so I have that reason to lose weight, but I really just want a healthier life style I general! My goals are to lose 15 pounds, but ina sustainable way!
    1. Lose 15 pounds
    2. Exercise 3-4 X/week
    3. Limit alcohol consumption
    4. Avoid refined sugars
    5. No binge eating or mindless snacking
  • kefalo
    kefalo Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm in my last two weeks of a 0 to 5K running program. I now am running for around 30 minutes four times a week, and also walk a few days a week, however I need to ensure I am doing more stretches, aerobics etc. That is my goal for the next several weeks!

As far as eating is concerned, I need to reduce my sugar intake!! I have been making these incredible chia seed balls for pre-running sustenance, but other than that I need to keep away from sugar!!!
  • kefalo
    edited November 2015
    That said, I am booked into a six course degustation dinner this Saturday night (we've been waiting for months for this reservation), so I am just going to make that my cheat day and ensure I run both Saturday and Sunday.
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Hey, everyone! My goals for this challenge are:

1. lift at least 2 days/week
    2. box at least 2 days/week
    3. drink more water
    4. eat less sugar - not easy at all, because I am a true chocoholic
    5. eat less processed foods - there is just too much delicious vegan junk food out there!
    6. see my abs again!!
    7. bonus: maybe do my first ever pull-up by Valentines day :)

Good luck to all of you!
  • crb1770
    crb1770 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello everyone!

I just joined MFP today, after being a long time Spark People user but I really needed a change. After exploring a bunch of sites, I decided on MFP. I love the site am thrilled about this challenge! Losing the last fifteen pounds is exactly my goal.

Other goals:
    1. To manage stress-induced overeating by practicing mindful eating
    2. To get into a gentle exercise routine - I've set a very low bar at just 10 minutes a day, 7 days a week initially and to gradually increase from there to longer sessions spread over 4-5 days/week
    3. To approach this goal every day as a form of soul-care and self-care so that I might love my body and more passionately embrace the journey towards even better health.

Wishing you all the best!
  • crb1770
    I have another, 4th goal! To increase my protein because I eat so many fresh fruits and vegetables that I have neglected protein. It helped me drop over 50 pounds and I've kept it off for more than two years now, but at this stage I want to aim for greater balance.
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    crb1770 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I just joined MFP today, after being a long time Spark People user but I really needed a change. After exploring a bunch of sites, I decided on MFP. I love the site am thrilled about this challenge! Losing the last fifteen pounds is exactly my goal.

Other goals:
    1. To manage stress-induced overeating by practicing mindful eating
    2. To get into a gentle exercise routine - I've set a very low bar at just 10 minutes a day, 7 days a week initially and to gradually increase from there to longer sessions spread over 4-5 days/week
    3. To approach this goal every day as a form of soul-care and self-care so that I might love my body and more passionately embrace the journey towards even better health.

Wishing you all the best!

Sounds great glad you are here. I tried that website before but I couldn't get into it. Finally I found MFP and somehow it really worked. After a year and half break and the weight gain that followed i am happy to be back here. I love your goals of starting your goals gently. Approach your 10 minutes of exercise as your "body healing" or "soul care" seems like a wonderful and mindful way to go about it.
  • crb1770
    Thanks so much for the encouragement! Yes, gently, I think is so important. We can be so hard on ourselves. Passion, excitement, and determination are important to achieving goals, but those qualities can easily slip into a kind of self-directed aggression that can wound us and take the air out of our sails. Everything is always a balance isn't it? Something we must daily and moment-by-moment recalibrate - pouring on the self-love when we need it and at other times saying 'Just for today, put that doughnut down!!!' :)
  • groder123
    groder123 Posts: 6 Member
    'Just for today, put that doughnut down!!!' I love the simplicity of this! And recognize what a mindset shift it requires... it isn't easy at all.

Thank you for this perfectly timed challenge. I'm new to myfitnesspal, and am really looking forward to being part of this journey with you all.

My goals for Valentine's Day 2016:

• run a 10k without stopping
    • cardio 3x/week (jogging mostly, some stationary bike & elliptical)
    • core &/or classical stretch 3x/week
    • log food on myfitnesspal 6x/week (Sunday is my usual rest day)
    • weigh 138 or size 8 pants - either is fine by me!
    • get my body fat under 30%

I'll be 50 years old next February. I'm excited about working toward a stronger, healthier life.
  • kefalo
    groder123 wrote: »
    '

Good luck on the running goal!! I have just gotten up to being able to run 5K and am very proud of myself (but really need to work on strength and speed). To celebrate I've signed up for my first public run in Feb! After I get my 5K down to 30 minutes, I am going to start working up to be able to run 10K!
  • groder123
    kefalo wrote: »
    '

Good luck on the running goal!! I have just gotten up to being able to run 5K and am very proud of myself (but really need to work on strength and speed). To celebrate I've signed up for my first public run in Feb! After I get my 5K down to 30 minutes, I am going to start working up to be able to run 10K!

It's a genuine challenge! I *just* got through a 5k run without stopping, like you, and am looking for the next benchmark. I ran 4.5 miles on Monday, but that was in three increments. It's a great idea to sign up for a public run...such a motivation.
  • kefalo
    edited November 2015
    '

It's a genuine challenge! I *just* got through a 5k run without stopping, like you, and am looking for the next benchmark. I ran 4.5 miles on Monday, but that was in three increments. It's a great idea to sign up for a public run...such a motivation.

I have found that the Endomondo training program has really helped me and their 5K to 10K program looks alright. Have you tried Strava? Well done on the 4.5 miles!! Good luck on your goal - keep us updated!!
  • crb1770
    I have to say that I am SO motivated and inspired by all these fitness goals - you all are amazing!!!! :)
  • groder123
    kefalo wrote: »
    I have found that the Endomondo training program has really helped me and their 5K to 10K program looks alright. Have you tried Strava? Well done on the 4.5 miles!! Good luck on your goal - keep us updated!!

Thanks for the recommendations--I'm looking up Endomondo & Strava now. I've been using the C25K and 10K pro apps from fitlab.
  • shipsatc
    shipsatc Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi everyone! I've just found this community and am loving everyone's goals!

Mine are revolve around finding balance and moderation in my life. I just started a stressful program at school and my fitness goals have gone completely out the window. I'm hoping to get back on track by joining this community :smile:

1. Do moderate exercise 4 times a week for 30 minutes (*bonus* do strength training)
    2. No eating after 8 pm
    3. No overeating/binge eating
    4. Find healthy ways of dealing with stress (no stress eating!!)
    5. Try some new forms of exercise, be it yoga, weight lifting, or zumba
  • J3inOTT
    J3inOTT Posts: 4 Member
    Just joined today. I am refocussing on heath following a back injury!

My goals are:

1. Log every day
    2. Cardio 3x week
    3. Swim
    4. limit sugar
    5. Mst importantly - Do my back exercises every night
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    My goals are similar to many of yours:
    1. Log daily
    2. Stick to 1500-1600 calories/day
    3. Eliminate eating after dinner and emotional eating