Fitbit & exercise logged -adjustment crossing over

Hi all,
Just started logging today. I would like to keep track of activities (gym, bike, run etc) that I choose to do.
I hope that will keep me motivated & active.

However, I also have a Fitbit & noticed that the workout I did today count as steps as well... So it's a double deficit.

Does anyone have tips on how I can track more accurately?

Thank in advance

Replies

• Kyogreex
    Kyogreex Posts: 2 Member
    Although MFP tells you to log exercise here, I've always just logged it using Fitbit. The calories automatically transfer over, and all you lose is having a record here.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    edited November 2015
    You can't manually log in your exercises to MFP when using Fitbit. If you want to manually log your exercises then you'd have to unsync your Fitbit from MFP.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I have FitBit synced with MFP, but log all activity through FitBit, and all food through MFP. It's been working really well so far.
  • mummabee03
    mummabee03 Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks everyone
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    You can't manually log in your exercises to MFP when using Fitbit. If you want to manually log your exercises then you'd have to unsync your Fitbit from MFP.

I have been able to do this, but I find the MFP calorie burn estimates to be much higher than FitBit, so choose to stay with FitBit for calories burned. When I go to log it here, it asks for time activity starts and duration, that way it doesn't double dip for that time frame.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    ^thats what I do. As long as you enter the correct start time it shows the steps but won't make a calorie adjustment for that time - it gives you the exercise calories instead.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    edited November 2015
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I have been able to do this, but I find the MFP calorie burn estimates to be much higher than FitBit, so choose to stay with FitBit for calories burned. When I go to log it here, it asks for time activity starts and duration, that way it doesn't double dip for that time frame.

Me, too. I count exercise with a HRM so I enter that into MFP and it deletes out the Fitbit calories for that time so no double-dipping.

Edited to add: That way Fitbit still counts the steps, which I like, just not the calories.