Scale number will move only when good & ready

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    @Kim55555 aww shucks! I hate missing out on a good thread boohoo. ...

You really can't have as high a bf as that? I'd have guessed around 20% ...you're much slimmer than me. .mind you I carry most of my excess fat on my belly (bah humbug )
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    I have to eat real low (net 1200 to 1300) to lose weight because of my bodies way of losing weight. I have also found if I eat real clean, I don't have to eat real low like my doctor recommends.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Hi yeah, the fat is mostly around the middle. I'm starting to look more streamlined in the upper half. I caught my reflection wearing a singlet top in one of the works Windows when I rested my bag on the ledge & noticed a big change. Another few months and I'll have leaned out through the torso and waist. I'm starting to get my cockiness back, feeling like my old self hehe
  • Kim55555
    edited November 2015
    I have also found if I eat real clean, I don't have to eat real low like my doctor recommends.

@briannadunn

Hi. Yeah I agree, I see what your getting at. I relate to that. I went to Mets this metabolic physiology company and the exercise physiologist listed the foods to focus on such as the lean meats, protein & healthy fats and he reckoned with my activity level they I can lose eating as much as 2100 calories. (And it's true, a slower loss though) so I upped my protein and healthy fats and lowered my carbs down some.

If you are getting close to goal weight with less body fat stores and you happen to eat a small surplus of protein (or any kind of energy for that matter) the body will partition the energy to build and repair muscles if you lift heavy on that day rather than if you did no exercise or heavy lifting that day (it would go straight to your fat stores)

Christmas Day I plan to do a heavy lifting session after eating some yummy lamb chops at the family barbecue. One of my gyms jets are open every day of the year Yey. I'm going to put my surplus to good use Chrissie day.

Have you read Tim Venuto's book Burn the fat feed the muscle ? Excellent book. I highly recommend it.
  • Kim55555
    I lost another 1/2 kg! I'm down to 61.1 :smile: I thought my scale wouldn't go down again until a week or so after my next period is due. It's due in a few days time. It got up to my high end of 62.5 stayed there a few days before registering 61.1 today. Wow amazing I couldn't believe it. Not my usual pattern of losing.

Rather than losing only once a month now like I have been doing I have been losing at a decent pace every week now since I lowered my calories down to 1800. Last week I lost just under 1 kg and this week I lost half a kg. I have 4 more kg to lose :smile:

I seem to have gotten used to eating at 1800 so as long as my hunger and performance isn't effected I'll keep eating 1800 and see what number the scale ends at. Seeing I'm losing at the rate I am maybe I can go lower than 57 kg. I have never tried to go lower than 57 before.
  • Kim55555
    edited January 2016
    @ChristineE63

Here's the topic I was talkin about. There's a couple of photos of me. :smiley:

I'll have to come back later and post an update. I have to head off to work soon and haven't got the time right now
  • Kim55555
    Ok so I've had a bit of weight creep. Some stressful and upsetting stuff in the last few months and most recently a rib injury.

I have the emotional eating under control, it has been the overeating that has done the damage. Snacks after dinner.

Back in January I got to 59.0 and my weight is currently 62 kg. Goal is to get down to 57 kg. I am aiming for a 15 % - 20 % defecit to begin with. I am wanting to lose 1/2 kg per week to start off with.

I am going to re-read this thread for inspiration and reminders of what has helped me in the past. :smile:
  • Kim55555
    I bruised my ribs pretty severely last subday and haven't exercised since then. I'm going to go for a longer walk today and see how I go. I might break into a bit of a jog see how my ribs cope. I've been completely sedentary the past 6 days and have eaten way over tdee so I'm really not surprised I put more weight on.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    Rather than losing only once a month now like I have been doing I have been losing at a decent pace every week now since I lowered my calories down to 1800. Last week I lost just under 1 kg and this week I lost half a kg. I have 4 more kg to lose :smile:

I seem to have gotten used to eating at 1800 so as long as my hunger and performance isn't effected I'll keep eating 1800 and see what number the scale ends at. Seeing I'm losing at the rate I am maybe I can go lower than 57 kg. I have never tried to go lower than 57 before.

Ok well 1800 looks like the magic number :smile: I'll give 1800 a go
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Kim, be careful, jogging is not a good idea yet, give yourself a few weeks before you do this, you could really hurt yourself x
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    And 1800 will work well for you :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Kim, be careful, jogging is not a good idea yet, give yourself a few weeks before you do this, you could really hurt yourself x

I'm glad it went well. 10 min jog followed by 20 min walk. :smile: breathing a little heavy so I didn't overdo things to begin with.

I had to give the jogging a try because I'm down from lack of endorphins. My mood has lifted a little now which is good news!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    There's nothing like exercise for feel good factor :smile:
  • miss_aims
    miss_aims Posts: 64 Member
    This is very true and also very inspirational! Thanks for posting this. :)
  • Kim55555
    Your welcome :smile:
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    There is a post on the MFP blog right now about not listening to the scale. I hope that I may be able to handle this idea in the future, but right now it scares me. I just don't trust myself. But it makes sense. And I am working my way toward trusting myself and my body instead of the numbers on the scale.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Omg! I know how u feel. Nice loss! I started map in August 2015 and until October steadily lost weight until I hit November I gained some lbs. back and spent December through April losing 12lbs. Got past my plateau though so that is good but it has been very slow
  • Kim55555
    How odd. My period ended 4 days ago yet my scale weight has been at the upper end of the range at 61.9. Most days I've been eating at a deficit but maybe I'm not losing because I've just been walking rather than the usual vigorous exercise. I'm not about to eat less to counter this though.

At this stage I guess I'm happy to maintain my weight whilst I recover from my rib injury. Once I can get back to my usual activities I'm sure the weight will come off.

I had a nice boost to my ego. I bumped into an old school friend of mine who I haven't seen in like 20 - 25 years and she said I look fantastic.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Kim, I've found my period can affect the scale reading for up to 10 days, thats normal for me to see that. Your weight will go down any day now.
    Less exercise should really have meant a loss with more rest. I see that happening with others all the time, I've never had a proper week of rest to be able to report on the truth of that though lol

Now isn't it just fantastic when we see old friends who tell us how great we're looking :smile: @Kim55555
  • Kim55555
    Hi @RunRutheeRun :smile:

Good news... Scale came down to 61.4. Hopefully it will go back into the 60's soon

Yesterday I went out with my sister and mum to see mothers day movie. I saved the calories ate at maintenance had a few of my sisters chips, burger and choc top. :smiley: I will have to eat a little less today as lately I've been eating at tdee.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!