Challenge Updates and Support.

I'm starting today at 186.4. I planned out my food for today and want to do this challenge eating enough nourishment while exercising in a non-extreme way. I'm doing this challenge by not going low with anything (calories, fat, carbs, etc...). Wish I could post the pics I took today. Have a great day friends!

Replies

• musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Sundays are the day that i weigh in on.

I am starting the challenge at 170.2 lbs.

My goal weight is to be 159 lbs or below by the end of the challenge! :)
  • rchetana1
    rchetana1 Posts: 4 Member
    5 days late. Planning to start with 1500 cal goal with 20min walk . will increase exercise gradually
  • Feel good about my choices today during Thanksgiving. My mind is focused on my healthy eating!
  • J3inOTT
    J3inOTT Posts: 4 Member
    Starting at 185...had an injury this year and am getting myself back!
  • I feel really good about my food choices on Thanksgiving. One holiday down. Now the weeks leading up to Christmas. I'm going to stay strong and focused.
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Great job! I love your mindset :)
    I feel really good about my food choices on Thanksgiving. One holiday down. Now the weeks leading up to Christmas. I'm going to stay strong and focused.

• Day 9. Everything is going well. Today going to hit gym for light weight workout. Will ride my bike or walk for about 25 minutes. How are the challenge friends doing?
  • kts1988
    Mine is going well too! Did weights and bikram yesterday and am planning on more hot yoga and a quick run today. Went grocery shopping and bought a ton of produce - feeling pretty good!
  • b_heyd07
    b_heyd07 Posts: 2 Member
    This may be a dumb question but is everyone doing what MFP says to do as your Calorie goal or are you using a different number from a different site. MFP told me to do 1200 Calories and wasn't sure if that was to low especially with exercising 5 days a week.
  • b_heyd07 wrote: »
    This may be a dumb question but is everyone doing what MFP says to do as your Calorie goal or are you using a different number from a different site. MFP told me to do 1200 Calories and wasn't sure if that was to low especially with exercising 5 days a week.

I can't really function or have enough energy on low calorie, low carb, or low fat eating plans. For me, I prefer to eat enough calories from healthy & unprocessed food 5-6 times per day. You're welcome to add me to see what I'm eating.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    b_heyd07 wrote: »

I tend to use numbers close to this calculator: http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

Frankly, I don't know why you wouldn't eat the highest number of calories you can (while still losing weight). Like, if I can lose weight eating 1700-1800, then I'm not going to only eat the 1300 MFP suggests. :tongue:
  • I am hoping to be more successful with a support group. I have no problem exercising. It is part of my life. My husband is a big eater & It is hard getting him on the same page as me. I often give in & eat what he is or what he wants
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    I am hoping to be more successful with a support group. I have no problem exercising. It is part of my life. My husband is a big eater & It is hard getting him on the same page as me. I often give in & eat what he is or what he wants

I checked your stats and your weight is not too high but I think this group could help you get to your goal. I am sure any advice we could give you have already thought about. The balance between ourselves and our spouses must be taken into consideration right. If you cook your dinners at home you guys can eat the same entree but make a healthier side dish for yourself and one that he wants too. Seems like extra work but maybe he will start getting more interested without feeling pressured.

If you already have the exercising part down then it's just up to diet right! Your current weight is what I'd hope to be at after this challenge. Getting the nutrition part down is so hard though...
  • NutritionHealth4Life
    NutritionHealth4Life Posts: 90 Member
    edited November 2015
    Day 10: doing great. I really enjoy my toast with eggs in the morning. I'm enjoying a daily afternoon treat of decaf coffee with heavy unsweetened cream (don't like that fake flavored creamer). Decided yesterday, instead of going to gym to work out at home & will do that again today. I love riding my new bike leisurely around town for my cardio. How are you challenge friends doing?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    @Fiftyshadesofweight my husband is not on the diet he eats whatever he wants he even has his own junk cupboard. I don't feel like I'm missing anything I just feel healthier and it's taken awhile but he has gotten use to the fact that all my food is weighed and measured. If I want to talk to him while he is still eating and I'm done I may have a cup of tea. I think nothing of making up meals in advance that are his favorites and freezing them and thus it's faster for me to prepare and when it's food I can have I make extra so I can freeze that to have on the nights he is having one of his meals. Good luck!!
  • kts1988
    @NutritionHealth4Life My week is going well! It sounds like you're doing great. My biggest challenge is balancing my work schedule with the gym, meal prep, and socializing, but I'm making it work! Rest day today but hitting the gym tomorrow for weights and maybe a run or yoga!
  • NutritionHealth4Life
    NutritionHealth4Life Posts: 90 Member
    edited December 2015
    Day 11: Good Morning friends, how are you doing. I'm doing great in this journey/challenge. I've decided to set weekly goals. This week I'm doing 60 minutes of cardio on MON WED FRI, SAT or. SUN. Three of those days I'm doing toning/weights. I'm going to eat a minimum of 1900 calories each day & also eat back 75-100% of my exercise calories. @kts1988 it looks like you're doing great also.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    b_heyd07 wrote: »

Some people eat back half of their exercise calories. I don't. I'm looking for some stability in my eating, so I don't want one day of low calories and then another (high exercise day) with a huge calorie amount to eat. I manually set my goal to 1300 and always shoot to be between 1100 and 1300. I know I burn about 1850 calories/day on a normal day, so that's why I chose 1300. Plus, I've never had long term success at 1200/day. I don't know if it's mental or what, but it's too restrictive for me. (I should mention that my doctor gave me guidelines for setting my calories and my macros) :)
  • Day 12, how are you doing challenge friends. Yesterday I took my body measurements & I've lost 5 3/4 inches all over since my 8/17 measuring. I'm going to do them again in 4 weeks. Have a great day everyone.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    I need to start taking measurements, too. I know those will help keep me sane when the scale starts jumping around before/during/after Shark Week.