Any suggestion on workout routines?

mayraretano
mayraretano Posts: 10 Member
Im getting ready for my sister wedding. Been hitting the gym hard, but i dont want to keep doing the same O`thing. Recommendations??

Replies

• andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    I don't have any, but there are plenty of apps out there that you can use. I use one called FitProSport and mix and match things to do on my workout days. You can create your own routine from it and it shows you how to execute the programs with proper form. There are also some pre installed workouts within it :) Good luck!
  • mayraretano
    mayraretano Posts: 10 Member
    Thank u!! Ill check it out
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    My girlfriend really likes the body pump glasses at her gym and she enjoys swimming for exercise. I don't do the gym thing. I like to get my exercise in while exploring. If there are any good places near you, hiking is a great way to get in a good workout. I use an app called alltrails to find nearby trails and we do one every weekend. Also, if you are into outdoor things, geocaching is a good way to get out and about. My workouts consist of going for walks, biking, hiking, and I have a weight set at home that I use in between.
  • Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    I love geocaching!!

My girlfriend really likes the body pump glasses at her gym and she enjoys swimming for exercise. I don't do the gym thing. I like to get my exercise in while exploring. If there are any good places near you, hiking is a great way to get in a good workout. I use an app called alltrails to find nearby trails and we do one every weekend. Also, if you are into outdoor things, geocaching is a good way to get out and about. My workouts consist of going for walks, biking, hiking, and I have a weight set at home that I use in between.

• rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    My recommendation is to find something you enjoy! That might mean trying different classes to find something you like. I used to LOVE kickboxing and yoga classes. Lately I'm in a rut, mostly just walking and doing the elliptical at the gym. But classes always make me work harder since there is an instructor telling me what to do -- and making sure I don't slack off!
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Check out barre classes. They're a killer workout. Stretch, isometric isolations, endurance, and body-weight calisthenics. Barre3, Bar method, and a lot of other gyms are offering these classes around the country. Plus, there are free online barre workouts on youtube and all you need really is a yoga mat and a stable chair. I tried a class to switch things up and loved it.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    I went back to weightlifting today...boy it was tough! After splitting my hand open on halloween I think I lost a lot of strength. I was struggling lifting weights about 10kg less than I normally would! But then again, the after feeling was worth it to remind me why I used to enjoy it.

I've been doing more classes though and I like them too. Since they're in groups they can be a lot of fun.