Just started using eatthismuch.com

kelisueray
kelisueray Posts: 78 Member
edited December 2015 in Recipes
So neat! Has anyone else used this service? I just started this week and went grocery shopping yesterday. I love love love how convenient and simple it makes shopping and meal planning.

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

Hoping this service and MFP could unite somehow to import meals/calorie counts

Replies

• walk2health4me
    walk2health4me Posts: 30 Member
    thank you for posting this link very helpful for those of us going vegan
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Love that site. It really helps when I'm in a food rut and need new ideas
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    kelisueray wrote: »
    So neat! Has anyone else used this service? I just started this week and went grocery shopping yesterday. I love love love how convenient and simple it makes shopping and meal planning.

Not supported on android yet! :disappointed:

• livj94
    livj94 Posts: 6 Member
    This site is awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • kelisueray
    kelisueray wrote: »

Not supported on android yet! :disappointed:

ah, poop! Hopefully soon, you could always just use the browser version :)
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I just looked it up--this is amazing, thank you!
  • louisdementhon
    louisdementhon Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the shout out Keli! This is actually my website - I've asked MFP a few times about integrating before, but never gotten a response. I think there's too much overlap in our functionality for them to be interested :/ (If you sign up for our premium account and eat something other than what's planned, you can swap in what you actually ate to use it as a tracker)

Instead, I think what we'll do is add Apple Health integration soon, and then you can use it as a middleman for transferring calorie data between the two apps. Same with the android equivalent of Apple Health, and our android app should be finished by the beginning of next year.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited December 2015
    That does look good! I might give it a try. And oddly, it's coming up with food I actually want to try.

Buahaha one of my options calls for some brownulated brown sugar. Hahahahah.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    That's really a terrific site.
  • kelisueray
    Thanks for the shout out Keli! This is actually my website - I've asked MFP a few times about integrating before, but never gotten a response. I think there's too much overlap in our functionality for them to be interested :/ (If you sign up for our premium account and eat something other than what's planned, you can swap in what you actually ate to use it as a tracker)

Instead, I think what we'll do is add Apple Health integration soon, and then you can use it as a middleman for transferring calorie data between the two apps. Same with the android equivalent of Apple Health, and our android app should be finished by the beginning of next year.

Oh wow! Well it'd be such a great tool for them to integrate. I get that they are super similar but i'd personally love to not have to manually enter my foods into MFP and I think they could benefit from using a service such as yours to import their users calories so they didn't have to.

And yup I'm signed up for the premium account, pretty much immediately when I found you guys. It's so convenient! Thanks for putting out an awesome service/product.
  • kelisueray
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    I just looked it up--this is amazing, thank you!

You're welcome!
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member

Can't wait to have it on my android. Thanks!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited December 2015

Cool website! Can I throw in some constructive criticism...list ingredients in grams, IDK if this is possible for you to do. I see a lot of 1/4 cups, 1/8 cups etc- I think I even saw 3/4 TBSP of soy sauce? Other than that it looks like a really effective website. I cook every day and would love new recipe ideas that I could sync right to MFP. All the recipes I looked at are pretty easy but creative. Good luck!! :)
  • louisdementhon
    louisdementhon Posts: 2 Member
    Cool website! Can I throw in some constructive criticism...list ingredients in grams, IDK if this is possible for you to do. I see a lot of 1/4 cups, 1/8 cups etc- I think I even saw 3/4 TBSP of soy sauce? Other than that it looks like a really effective website. I cook every day and would love new recipe ideas that I could sync right to MFP. All the recipes I looked at are pretty easy but creative. Good luck!! :)

Thanks for the feedback Jules! It actually should show grams for most ingredients (here's a screenshot of a scrambled eggs recipe: http://i.imgur.com/yzfkUbc.png ) - it shows up if you click the "More info" link on the image of a recipe in your plan. Also, if your profile is set to use metric units, items directly in your meal plan will substitute their units with grams automatically. Let me know if the grams aren't showing up for you for some reason and I'll try to figure out what's going on.