Goal setting for fun and being accountable

Ponkeen
Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
Just putting this out there to hold myself accountable.
I have three goals for the upcoming year:
1. SV goal: To hit GW by my birthday in mid September. I have about another 40 pounds to go, and do plan on scaling back to a .5 lb weekly loss for the last 20. I'm not sure it's realistic, but I've lost just over 40 lbs in the last 6 months, and figure 10 months ought to be enough time for me to do the rest.
2. NSV goal: I want to do a pull up and run a 10K without walking. I've run a 10K in the past, but walked half of it, and I have never, ever done a pull up.
3. Fun goal: I want to go skydiving! I am under the max weigh limit now, but figure by summer I should be way under the limit. Enough to not be appalled by seeing pictures of myself mid jump, anyway.

So what are your goals, SV and NSV? Anything you plan on doing that your weight or health met have restricted you from in the past?

Replies

• malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    hmmm good one :smiley:
    ok SV: hit my goal weight mid April. Thats my Birthday ;) NSV: be able to downhill snowboard with out crazy leg burn aching, or cross country ski 14 k at least twice this winter .. FUN :blush: Get on a paddle board this next summer !! and maybe with all the way less wine ill be drinking I could afford one too :) ... sounds good !
  • Ponkeen
    hmmm good one :smiley:
    ok SV: hit my goal weight mid April. Thats my Birthday ;) NSV: be able to downhill snowboard with out crazy leg burn aching, or cross country ski 14 k at least twice this winter .. FUN :blush: Get on a paddle board this next summer !! and maybe with all the way less wine ill be drinking I could afford one too :) ... sounds good !

Awesome! Paddle boarding sounds like a blast!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Hmm.... These are mine:

SV: Achieve goal weight (150 lbs.) by 12/31/16
    NSV: Umm... idk, maybe something about achievement level in rock climbing. I'll have to think about specifics on this one.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    I pinned this in announcements so we don't lose the thread. I am love this idea.

SV: 150 lbs by 12/31/16

NSV:
    - Be able to do at least 1 pull up from a complete dead hang
    - Be able to climb a rope
    - 100 #racelocal miles
    - Survive Ragnar cape cod (may) and 24 hours Shale Hell (Aug) (24 hour endurance obstacle course race).
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    edited December 2015
    Great thread idea.

SV: Be sub-200 lbs by 6/30/16 (need to lose about 25 lbs from now)

NSV: Run a 10K (no walking) by the end of the year.
  • Ponkeen
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    I pinned this in announcements so we don't lose the thread. I am love this idea.

SV: 150 lbs by 12/31/16

NSV:
    - Be able to do at least 1 pull up from a complete dead hang
    - Be able to climb a rope
    - 100 #racelocal miles
    - Survive Ragnar cape cod (may) and 24 hours Shale Hell (Aug) (24 hour endurance obstacle course race).

Climb a rope! That's another thing I have never successfully done. That, and rock climbing. Alright, those are going on the list!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    @mamarundrc Wow, I just looked up Shale Hell to see what it is. Just wow. I don't know how anyone is able to do that for 3 hours much less 24!!?!

My goals:

SV:
    - Hit the "healthy" bmi mark by 12/31/15 (7.6 pounds to go!)
    - Hit my GW by my birthday 06/11/16 (22.6 pounds to go!)

NSV:
    - Run a 10K race
    - Increase biking speed
    - Be able to do burpees (with the push up!) for at least two minutes without stopping
    - Go ziplining
    - I'll have to think of some more!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    I'll jump on board even though I will be showing my nerd side.

SV: Get down to 10% (or less) body fat % by June for comic con (180ish pounds), 10 lbs to go

NSV:
    - Finish my CC costume
    - Get some abs
    - Make more goals for late next year
    - complete at least 3 mud runs (must include one 10+ mile run)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Azercord wrote: »

SV: Get down to 10% (or less) body fat % by June for comic con (180ish pounds), 10 lbs to go

NSV:
    - Finish my CC costume
    - Get some abs

What are you thinking about for your 3 mudruns? I am doing my first Spartan Beast this year in Jersey. I am going for my first Trifecta. I am not sure where you are located but if you are into obstacle course racing and can get to Vermont you should check out Shale Hill Adventure. The course is 6.4 ish with close to 70 obstacles. Amazing experience if you are an obstacle/mud run enthusiast.
  • Azercord
    I wish but I'm out in AZ. I'll be doing at least one Spartan in feb (sprint) and I'm looking at a super in NM but they haven't set a date yet. If I can talk a friend into joining me I'll do a Beast in Texas but I'm not sure that will happen so there probably won't be a trifecta this year.
  • celliewonder
    celliewonder Posts: 21 Member
    Hello everyone! Love this holding each other accountable idea! I want to do the down and dirty mud run again... I ended up not going to it this year even though I paid because I was too embarrassed! Total low point. Also want to be able to go to the beach and feel okay. But my main and true goal is to not give up. And developing some patience.
  • akyonder
    akyonder Posts: 11 Member
    SV: Reach my goal weight by my birthday in mid July
    NSV: Be willing to have my picture taken
    Fun goal: Be less self-conscious and have more fun everyday!
  • jcbenes
    jcbenes Posts: 9 Member
    Sounds like fun. I'll jump in...

SV: Be within USMC regs for weight by end of the year (208 lbs)

NSV:
    -survive my first Tough Mudder in May.
    -be able to run the equivalent of a 1st class PFT
    -help my wifey through her 2nd Warrior Dash

Fun goal:
    -take my boys to the park and other places A LOT this year
    -help my wife with her health goals
  • Azercord
    Well it looks like a group from work is getting together to do a Tough Mudder at the end of April. Anyone in the Phoenix area is welcome to join in, I can send you the group name if interested.

@mamarundrc - Any training recommendations? I've done mud runs in the past but not a 10 miler.
  • AdelitaCampbell
    AdelitaCampbell Posts: 23 Member
    SV: to hit my GW (135 lbs) by July. I have 9 lbs to go. I average about 1 lb a week (If I don't drink booze, I notice even with 1 glass of wine, I plateau boo)

NSV: I want to do 25 push ups without stopping, wear a bikini this summer and run a 5k (I am NOT a runner)

Fun goal: I want to last longer in each station in my no limits circuit class against my husband :wink:

• juliayadda
    juliayadda Posts: 33 Member

NSV:
    - Finish my CC costume
    - Get some abs

a lot of my weightloss goals are because I want to up my copay game! What is costume?
  • Azercord
    @juliaheggen Well my nerd side is going to really stand out but I've got two that I will be doing. I will have a war wizard for the Sword of Truth series and I will be doing a modified Tardis. I am getting a Tardis kilt so I'm going with a Scottish "Bad Wolf" possession kind of thing, should be fun.

What are you looking to do?
  • juliayadda
    juliayadda Posts: 33 Member
    @juliaheggen Well my nerd side is going to really stand out but I've got two that I will be doing. I will have a war wizard for the Sword of Truth series and I will be doing a modified Tardis. I am getting a Tardis kilt so I'm going with a Scottish "Bad Wolf" possession kind of thing, should be fun.

I do an "idiot's lantern" Rose. I have done gender bend link. Karen Gillan and Arthur Duval are coming to our Con in May so I am thinking something Amy Pond. I want to do an anime character from a video game but it's going to be a goal for next year!

#nerd
  • Arwen1218
    Arwen1218 Posts: 118 Member
    juliayadda wrote: »

I do an "idiot's lantern" Rose. I have done gender bend link. Karen Gillan and Arthur Duval are coming to our Con in May so I am thinking something Amy Pond. I want to do an anime character from a video game but it's going to be a goal for next year!

#nerd

I cosplay with my oldest daughter every year for the past 5 years since we started going to cons
  • Arwen1218
    Arwen1218 Posts: 118 Member
    My SV is to be at or below 180 by the time our con comes June 16th. I'm almost there... 6 1/2 to go!! My NSV are to be at 165 for my families trip to Hawaii at the end of August, wear a pair of heels for the first time since I broke my back, ride my stationary bike for 90 mins, and reach my target weight by New Years.