What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    edited December 2015
    Getting married wasn't on my list of motivation for losing weight, I had no idea I'd be getting married any time even remotely soon when I started my new lifestyle in April last year, but I finally got to marry my long-term boyfriend John this past Friday and it felt so bloody good to walk into the registry office as the slim bride I never thought I could be! John couldn't stop telling me how beautiful I looked, and I had so many compliments from other people, it was a wonderful boost for my low self-esteem. I actually felt pretty, and proud of myself. :)

8u4hn6r7hlxk.jpg

Gorgeous!! Congratulations on your loss and your marriage!!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    agzram wrote: »
    I just had my lipid panel done. When I started in August cholesterol was 269 as of yesterday it was 187!!!

Done with diet and exercise only no medications!

That's wonderful - to me, the health NSVs are among the very best. For most (including you & me ;) ) diet & exercise is the very best way to get those lipids where they should be - and there are so many *wonderful* side effects from diet & exercise, too, unlike those from the drugs!
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    I ate fish and veggies instead of ordering pizza!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    My most recent NSV? Being able to do yoga poses I could't do before!
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    I realized I fit into the same shirt that I wore for my eighth grade picture.
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Wearing my size 6 NY&CO dress pants today, and a shirt I used to wear my senior year of high school
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    christyg74 wrote: »
    This is a strange one, lol. But, hopefully somebody will appreciate it. My cat always lays on one of my legs when I watch tv. For the last couple times, he has dug his paws into the side of my thigh like he was going to fall off. Lol. I think my thighs are getting smaller!

Hahaha, as a cat lover I can totally relate to that! Congrats!

Hahaha mine went from sleeping on my belly to sleeping in my lap!!! Yay!!! (Because this means I actually have a lap!) :):)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    My most recent NSV is getting a crap ton of clothes from my smaller girlfriends and they FIT!!!!! Happy dance!!!!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    My most recent NSV is getting a crap ton of clothes from my smaller girlfriends and they FIT!!!!! Happy dance!!!!

Well done! Such a score, I'm sure you look wonderful.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    I bought a size 11 juniors pair of jeans that fit great with extra room in the waist :D also tried on a pair of size 10 jeans in the misses section that were actually to big in the waist area unfortunately they were clearance so couldn't find an 8 to see if they would have actually fit instead, maybe next time.
  • starryeyedsnoozer
    starryeyedsnoozer Posts: 89 Member
    I just had to throw out 4 pairs of jeans because they fall down. The new jeans I bought 4 weeks ago are also getting big. Hubby said "you're losing lbs and I'm losing £s to keep you clothed!"
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    I can't wait to have another nsv. Everyone is so inspiring! Keep up the good work!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    I don't think I've posted this yet:

On Thanksgiving, my SIL invited my to go to a charity workout event at her gym. It was 75 minutes of zumba-type aerobics. I was able to complete the whole thing (although there were some modifications I made to a few of the things). It felt good to keep with it :smile:
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    mathjulz wrote: »
    I don't think I've posted this yet:

On Thanksgiving, my SIL invited my to go to a charity workout event at her gym. It was 75 minutes of zumba-type aerobics. I was able to complete the whole thing (although there were some modifications I made to a few of the things). It felt good to keep with it :smile:

Good for you xx
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Yesterday I celebrated making an official us standard 14 size (from a 20/22 last year at this time) by buying 2 pair of new jeans. This involved the horror of putting on skinny jeans and realizing they were definitely NOT for me and my muscular calves.

I was telling this story to a fellow singer in my choir and she says "but you're a skinny young thing, you can get away with wearing those jeans!"

Totally made my day. Even if I still have 30 lbs to lose to my goal, it totally made my day.
  • marvolicioush
    marvolicioush Posts: 9 Member
    Was able to do 4 pullups as of yesterday and 2 weeks ago I couldn't even do 1!!! :)
  • HealthyChar1223
    HealthyChar1223 Posts: 17 Member
    Finally discovering the power in me to stay away from cigerettes, soda, and Junk! I was so addicted to all of those and now I could care less for them. I have the strength in me to continue this when I visit back home even! I'm not on a diet I'm changing for good, I'm not focusing on my appearance changes at the moment because I don't absolutely see anything yet. But my face is clearer and brighter from the water and staying away from soda, it's not a chore to wake up to work out anymore, Instead of smoking when I am bored I just do something like clean an area in the house, go for a walk, sip some water. I'm feeling great! Most of all deciding to lift weights as intimidating as it was at first (because I'm a rookie) has been the best decision yet. I see results every workout. I did more squats today, I added more weight that day, it's great. I'll like how I look in a few months or so but right now I LOVE HOW I FEEL!!
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Was able to do 4 pullups as of yesterday and 2 weeks ago I couldn't even do 1!!! :)

That is truly awesome! Hats off to you!
  • adriennemarieb
    adriennemarieb Posts: 38 Member
    I've stuck with my food plan 100%, zero cheating or swapping out foods, and drinking 12 oz+ of water every day for the last 4 days. I've never actually done that before. I'd always sneak in a treat and account for it calorie-wise. 4 days of NO EXCUSES. In the past, I'd have definitely eaten out breakfast this morning in the situation I was in. But I didn't.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I thought there was something wrong with my foot. Nope, just a tendon showing... I hope to loose at least another 1/2 sz before I'm done. I like having little feet... (for my height)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!