Oh my god, that was awful! (low-cal products you tried and hated)

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Low fat and non fat cheese. The only exception is Neufchatel.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    stealthq wrote: »
    Any yogurt with artificial sweetener. Don't mind it in other items, but to me it seems like it's always added in 3-4x the amount necessary in yogurt for some reason. *gag*

Ugh this. Actually pretty much anything with sucralose because there is SO much of it it's horribly sweet. Danon Light and Fit yogurt or Trutein protein pudding... UGH.

And these. I shudder just thinking about it. In the trash they went. Sucks because the macros were great, but no.. just no.

DSC_5238.jpg
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Flavored seltzer or tonic water. Blech!
    Also caramel or chocolate flavored "light" yogurts. Just...no. I like whole milk yogurt such as Noosa.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    My father brought over crunchy seaweed snacks once for me to try. It was bad. Really, really bad. Not sure about the calorie content on the stuff, but people often seem to classify it as a health food. I didn't even bother logging it since I was so quick to spit the stuff out!
    Also, ThinSlim's Brownie which was either 40 or 45 calories. HORRIBLE. It tasted like a wet slob of chemicals. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore ThinSlim's breads, but they really shouldn't do brownies.
    And now, I saved the worst for last *drum roll*
    Any sort of protein powder made with Spirulina! I've tried Nature's Plus Spiru-tein, and I've tried Garden of Life's Raw Fit Spirulina powder. Both = YUCK. I eat a lot of gross/weird things, but I couldn't finish these. I can finish a bowl of Natto (fermented soybeans), but I couldn't finish this shake. Chalky, earthy, bland, and it turned my milk green. That's not okay.

of course spirulina would turn your milk green - its a blue-green algae.. no surprise there.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    Any yogurt with artificial sweetener. Don't mind it in other items, but to me it seems like it's always added in 3-4x the amount necessary in yogurt for some reason. *gag*

Ugh this. Actually pretty much anything with sucralose because there is SO much of it it's horribly sweet. Danon Light and Fit yogurt or Trutein protein pudding... UGH.

And these. I shudder just thinking about it. In the trash they went. Sucks because the macros were great, but no.. just no.

DSC_5238.jpg

oh man i love those pastas :X macros are terrific and personally taste great to me!
  • plantedinpots
    plantedinpots Posts: 44 Member
    not sure if this counts but: POM Wonderful- the 100% pomegranate juice. It was sooo nasty :s
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Lol I must have really bad tastebuds... I genuinely enjoy most of the low fat 'diet' foods. I liked the black bean spaghetti by the same company, I love the light and fit yogurts, a lot of waldenfarms stuff, all the bolthouse farms dressings, reduced sugar ketchup, low cal breads, egg whites, sugar free syrups, sparkling ice drinks, diet sodas, cashew milk, laughing cow cheeses etc. Clearly I'm a sucker for artificial sweeteners lmao. Oh well, saves me calories to spend on other things like peanut butter :D
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I will say tho that the waldenfarms peanut spread is probably the worst thing I've tried. Arctic zero sucks on its own, but can be saved with toppings :joy:
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited December 2015
    I won't eat low calories salad dressings at all...yuck!

But I have tried several brands of yogurt salad dressing and they've all been good. The one I used today was 40 calories for 2 tablespoons, which is even better than some of the low cal stuff. Bolthouse Peppercorn Ranch Greek Yogurt Dressing.

I also hate sugar substitute yogurt. It's just TOO sweet.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Alpen light bars...I'll stick to nakd bars or good ol dark chocolate from now on.
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Laughing cow "cheddar" wedges. It was like eating processed cheese mixed with acetone.

FWIW, I eat a Swiss one just about every day.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    edited December 2015
    Premiere Protein shakes, the chocolate ones. For a time, my doctor told me to choose to either eat real food for lunch or dinner, but not both. Therefore, I was basically going to afternoon classes on an empty and upset stomach on those shakes.:sick:
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Artic Zero was the worse. With the exception of laughing cow desserts, I will only purchase the real fattening/caloric thing :D
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    not sure if this counts but: POM Wonderful- the 100% pomegranate juice. It was sooo nasty :s

Oh man, brings me back 15 years when my brother used to buy them in high school. My best friend uses them in her cranberry sauce. I love it, but I can only have a sip. Drinks other than tea, water, and liquor aren't my friends, lol.
  • kaylasaurus
    kaylasaurus Posts: 45 Member
    Any kind of Shirataki "Miracle Noodle" things. And I am totally ok with glass noodles and weird textures but these were so gross and slimy and not even worth the 15 calories.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Miracle noodles, Walden farms, artic
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited December 2015
    I must have weird taste buds -I love the Light and Fit yogurts (the chocolate ones are disgusting though), and they fit into my macros better than the non-artificial-sweetener ones. Shirataki noodles also taste pretty good when mixed with a Laughing cow light Swiss wedge with lots of garlic salt and red pepper (a "skinny" fettuccini alfredo for less than 75 calories)

Walden Farms cream-based salad dressings taste like chemicals and vinegar, and I'm sure Arctic zero is what they serve in hell.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    skinnypop.com.jpg

This tasted of sadness.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Any fat free cheese. The consistency sucks.

Quark. I wanted to like it because it has fantastic macros for the calories, but it tasted awful.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Lol I must have really bad tastebuds... I genuinely enjoy most of the low fat 'diet' foods. I liked the black bean spaghetti by the same company, I love the light and fit yogurts, a lot of waldenfarms stuff, all the bolthouse farms dressings, reduced sugar ketchup, low cal breads, egg whites, sugar free syrups, sparkling ice drinks, diet sodas, cashew milk, laughing cow cheeses etc. Clearly I'm a sucker for artificial sweeteners lmao. Oh well, saves me calories to spend on other things like peanut butter :D

Ditto. I use the Walden Farms chocolate syrup and pancake syrup all the time. And I will eat me some arctic zero ice cream with powdered pb on top, no problem. Whatever floats your boat.