Need Support and Motivation

Options
Hello, I'm new to the board and I really need some support and all the motivation I can get. It has been over a year since I've exercised or dieted. I had back surgery in 2007 and really was unable to do a lot of excercise. Now I believe I am ready, but a little motivation will help. TIA

Replies

• tee2009ismine
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the board and I really need some support and all the motivation I can get. It has been over a year since I've exercised or dieted. I had back surgery in 2007 and really was unable to do a lot of excercise. Now I believe I am ready, but a little motivation will help. TIA
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find this site full of useful information. I think you will enjoy it as much as the rest of us do. Start out by drinking plenty of water. Good luck with everything!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Have you read the "newbie" and "links you want to read again & again" in the General Diet & Weightloss. Lot's of good info there.

It's great that your back is healed enough that you can start on exercising. Has your DR recommended anything specific?

I think you'll like it here and find alot of motivation and support.
    Best wishes as you begin your journey to becoming healthier!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Welcome...congratulations for taking the first step....
    take your time...we didn't gain the weight overnight and we dont lose it overnight...

read articles on the web and get informed about eating and nutrition...this can be fun...hang in there

Dave:smile:
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you will find the most supportive people here, and congrats to taking the first steps. :drinker: :drinker:

Nikki
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

i'm new to here too.
    this site does seem to be really cool. you can get a variety of good, friendly opinions if u dare to reach out. i like that. i hope u can too.
    for a little exercize motivation, i reccomend a walk followed by a long warm shower. or better yet, if u can join a spa, walk on the treadmill for as long as u can/want, followed by a special relax in the sauna. ~that is what i used to do when i was over 200lbs. i'd try to extend my walk by a bit most every day.
  • tee2009ismine
    Options
    Good Morning All, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm in the process of reading threads here and I've learned alot so far. So I know this is an awesome site.