Females building muscle

Replies

• CFrancine88
    CFrancine88 Posts: 23 Member
    Add me!!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Ugh... did he really post "girls" ??
    Please add me too, I wish to increase my lean muscle mass as well. I'll send you a FR.
    Thanks!

LMAO yes
  • KimmyKicksAss
    KimmyKicksAss Posts: 60 Member
    Oh yes please! Would love to see more ladies in the weight room. FR sent
  • nail_polish
    nail_polish Posts: 16 Member
    me, me, me!! pick me!!
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    I'm late to this party, but I'm a looking to build muscle too! Just started my first slow bulk about a week ago to eventually help with my powerlifting goals. Will be sending a friend request!
  • kayturnip
    kayturnip Posts: 11 Member
    Me :) very new to this
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    How you ladies doing? I had a mini-freak out over Thanksgiving because major surplus on top of a surplus had me looking quite bloated. Was going to eat in a deficit for a couple days but I have no will power. Need my food.
  • kayturnip
    kayturnip Posts: 11 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    How you ladies doing? I had a mini-freak out over Thanksgiving because major surplus on top of a surplus had me looking quite bloated. Was going to eat in a deficit for a couple days but I have no will power. Need my food.

This is all new to me so I'm freaking out every day at this point haha hopefully it will be worth it in the end. Decided to increase my intake...can't wait for the gains ! Hopefully I won't be so hungry when I need to go deficit
  • arditarose
    kayturnip wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

This is all new to me so I'm freaking out every day at this point haha hopefully it will be worth it in the end. Decided to increase my intake...can't wait for the gains ! Hopefully I won't be so hungry when I need to go deficit

I'm hungry in a surplus so who knows.
  • AoifeElmo
    AoifeElmo Posts: 23 Member
    Also trying to build muscle, I'm trying to gain weight too as I'm a few pounds underweight. Have seen some muscle gains already though with my one 8kg dumbell haha. :D
  • MeriadocM
    MeriadocM Posts: 2 Member
    I'm currently on a reverse diet trying to gain weight (muscle) after a cut that lasted waaay too long.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    I've never bulked before. I have been in a deficit for a horrifying 3 years. It wasn't hard, its just not healthy to sit in a deficit that long. All the gains I have a noob gains. This past 12 months nothing has happened. I've decided to stop spinning my wheels and get into a bulk.

1 month into my bulk. I've slowly upped the calories. I am supposed to get in 2600 to bulk. I'm finally at 2400 but not reaching the caloric intake. WTF this is a lot of cals. My lifts are awesome. I'm energized. I really want my legs to grow. It is hard to fathom eating this amount of food. I will eat it.

I am hoping that after this bulk my body resets to a higher or faster metabolism. I was cutting at 1800 then 1600 then 1400. I hope to never ever ever see a day of 1400 again. I know eventually I will get used to all this food and cutting out 1200 of those cals seems nightmareish.

For now I'm working and will end my bulk May 1, 2016 and cut.

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Me!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    i'm currently cutting, but lift heavy.. eventually may bulk if i commit to a figure show.
  • arditarose
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I've never bulked before. I have been in a deficit for a horrifying 3 years. It wasn't hard, its just not healthy to sit in a deficit that long. All the gains I have a noob gains. This past 12 months nothing has happened. I've decided to stop spinning my wheels and get into a bulk.

1 month into my bulk. I've slowly upped the calories. I am supposed to get in 2600 to bulk. I'm finally at 2400 but not reaching the caloric intake. WTF this is a lot of cals. My lifts are awesome. I'm energized. I really want my legs to grow. It is hard to fathom eating this amount of food. I will eat it.

I am hoping that after this bulk my body resets to a higher or faster metabolism. I was cutting at 1800 then 1600 then 1400. I hope to never ever ever see a day of 1400 again. I know eventually I will get used to all this food and cutting out 1200 of those cals seems nightmareish.

Lucky. I'm gaining on 2000. It doesn't even feel like enough food. I really hope I can get 2000 to be my TDEE someday.

• Michelle9912
    Michelle9912 Posts: 18 Member
    Count me in. I have been lifting for about a year with my goals of getting lean and developing strength. I am going for my first powerlifting competition this spring- so any words of wisdom and encouragement are always welcome.
  • JalynWatson
    JalynWatson Posts: 2 Member
    I'm going through my second bulk. I already have a lot of muscle, but I just love weightlifting and making gains. I'm on a three hundred calorie surplus from 1,800 to 2,100. Whatever I lose through exercise I make up with extra food. It's just been three weeks of my second bulk and I'm already making booty gains? What are other females' calorie surplus?
  • arditarose
    I'm going through my second bulk. I already have a lot of muscle, but I just love weightlifting and making gains. I'm on a three hundred calorie surplus from 1,800 to 2,100. Whatever I lose through exercise I make up with extra food. It's just been three weeks of my second bulk and I'm already making booty gains? What are other females' calorie surplus?

I'm doing 2000-2100. I've been at it for 4 weeks and my hip measurement is an inch bigger too. At first I thought it was a pump because I measured after a workout, then I thought it was water weight...But I lost my water weight and it's still sticking around. Beats me. It's my first bulk so I don't know what to expect.
  • RGreenthumb
    RGreenthumb Posts: 22 Member
    I'm about 4 weeks in to my first bulk. I had gained 2llbs when I weighed in last week, but as of this morning I've lost them again! I guess it must have been water weight so I may need to up my calories. What a hardship in the countdown to Christmas!

I've also changed my workout to PHUL, which I'm really enjoying. My upper body isolation exercises are seriously weak though! Definitely need some gains up there to beat the puniness.
  • sarahlifts wrote: »

This is my current situation right now. Been dieting for the past year. Just started training last year and I lift heavy but obviously can't increase strength as much in a calorie deficit. Finally got down to 1200 calories a day and nothing's happening. Just spinning my wheels, cheating on my diet, and repeating the cycle. Mentally I need a break so I've started reverse dieting this week to get my metabolism back up. Hope to gain a good amount of muscle this year and going to try cutting again in about a year.