Week 1 Challenge - Steps. Share your progress!

We are half way through the week 1 challenge of increasing our steps. How is it going? Share your thoughts. Do you have a way you like to track your steps? Have you tried new strategies to increase your steps throughout the day?

Replies

• Crharris13
    Crharris13 Posts: 4 Member
    My steps have declined as the weather has gotten colder and rainy. Still trying for my goal of 10,000 but I'd love to try to hit 12k each day.
  • madifehling
    madifehling Posts: 71 Member
    Crharris13 wrote: »
    My steps have declined as the weather has gotten colder and rainy. Still trying for my goal of 10,000 but I'd love to try to hit 12k each day.

Thanks for sharing Crharris! That can be hard, especially with shorter daylight hours too. Do you have a mall or other large facility nearby that you could walk laps in? Maybe a friend could even join you!
  • evinston
    evinston Posts: 31 Member
    I often make loops inside my house just to add a few steps. And, when I go to a store I walk all the way around the store before I go to the department I need. Mall walking is a good solution for me on those inclement weather days :)
  • madifehling
    evinston wrote: »
    I often make loops inside my house just to add a few steps. And, when I go to a store I walk all the way around the store before I go to the department I need. Mall walking is a good solution for me on those inclement weather days :)

Love those extra steps Evinston!! Doing a few laps around the house, around the office, in the stores, around the parking lot- they all add up! We too like to do a lap before we start our shopping, especially when the weather is bad the mall is the perfect "gym" ;-)
  • luckey88
    luckey88 Posts: 13 Member
    I track my steps on shealth on my phone.
    I have been taking the stairs at work, I used to take the elevator to go up. I have also began to take the long way to increase my steps. Any day that I am under my 10,000 goal, I add at least 5 minutes extra on the treadmill.
  • madifehling
    luckey88 wrote: »
    I track my steps on shealth on my phone.
    I have been taking the stairs at work, I used to take the elevator to go up. I have also began to take the long way to increase my steps. Any day that I am under my 10,000 goal, I add at least 5 minutes extra on the treadmill.

Way to go Luckey88! Those are great strategies to increase your steps, and a great goal to reach 10,000 each day! It's amazing how all those steps add up-- and the benefits they bring! : )