Christmas Cookies

BlueberryMuffins189
BlueberryMuffins189 Posts: 22 Member
edited December 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I tend to eat a lot of cookies. What about you?help me not eat so many cookies.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Pre-log a few ahead of time and work it into your calorie goal.
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    I would eat nothing but cookies if I could. I love cookies.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Eat a few every day.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I ate one white fudge covered Oreo yesterday and probably 1-3 everyday before that since Thanksgiving when they came out. I will continue this trend til they go off the shelves again sometime in January February. Cookies aren't the devil. Take what you can fit into your cal goal and walk away from the rest.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Mmmm, cookies. I make room in my daily calories for dessert every night. Sometimes that's a cookie or two. Sometimes it's ice cream or chocolate. That being said, I only have about 300 calories, so I can't eat ALL the cookies. But I can have 1-2 and savor and enjoy it.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    I will probably eat 1-2 homemade cookies a day for the rest of this month as I am baking. I'll just work them in. Not a biggie.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Cookies are, of course, super yummy. I looked up one site that offered some that were 'healthier' and lower calorie.

The lower calorie one was still 180 calories/cookie...and one cookie will lead to another one and perhaps another...I just stay away from the whole thing! It's just not worth it (calorie wise) to me for 'what you get'.

I'd rather have a banana with peanut butter and melted dark chocolate on top for the same calories.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh, I've been learning to make cookies that are friendly to my WOE. I've missed baking. I keep a few and send the rest to work with hubby for his office mates. I get cookies that don't get me into trouble and I get to bake and experiment. Win-win!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I was actually hoping for recipes when I opened this thread and got disappointed.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    I don't bake. I just like cookies. :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Fit a few into your day, give them away, freeze them.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Every year, (it's now becoming a frikkin' tradition) I put together containers full of goodies that I make for friends and family. And one for mine. :) I make several types of cookies, fudge, chocolate and white chocolate bark and the last couple years, I've been making cake balls. I cannot make this stuff and then not eat it, I mean, come on. :) I have to make sure I'm not poisoning people, right? Sure.

But I've done this every year for lots of years and I can personally attest to the fact that it wasn't Christmas cookies that made me gain the weight that I did. It was all the cookies in-between through the year. I used to bake something weekly, whether it was cookies or brownies or whatever, and I generally ate about half of what I made over the week. I don't do that anymore. Now, I bake only on birthdays or holidays.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Fill up on what you are supposed to eat, then you will be more satisfied and won't be so tempted.
    I'm most satisfied on veggies, fats and protein, so I fill up on those things.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Got to have a few. If I fit them in my calories no harm!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I fill up on what I'm "supposed" to eat AND have cookies. I've eaten cookies almost every day for months now.

I just eat a reasonable portion of them.

I have celiac disease, so the joys of lots of Christmas cookies are a thing of the past. I haven't found it worth the trouble to make multiple batches of gluten free cookies just for myself. I usually just select one kind of cookie and make myself a single batch.

I'll log it in the recipe builder, determine from there how many cookies I can fit in my day, and enjoy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I was actually hoping for recipes when I opened this thread and got disappointed.

Rum balls! http://www.joyofbaking.com/RumBalls.html

Note - these are better after they sit a few days, so I am less tempted to eat them while I am making them cuz I know they are not at peak flavor. This year I made two double batches to mail to people out of state and got them out of the house yesterday, the earliest ever, and have no more post office trips to make!