Females building muscle

Replies

• AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited December 2015
    I had been dieting for the majority of the year, got down from 118 to 110 eating 1400 calories a day. Slow loss, but consistent. But at only 5'2 I don't have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to my diet. I've started lifting at the gym again so I loosened up (if I go over 1400 I still try to stay around maintenance, which is 1550 or a little over) but I've already gained 3 pounds. That's not a lot but takes some getting used to when you know it would take 3 months to lose again! So I'm sort of in a revaluation phase, not quite a bulk but I'm excited (and a little nervous) to see where it goes.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    I went overboard on my non structured bulk and my coach now has me recomping.. but first, cutting some fat and I am miserable :(
  • minnwow
    minnwow Posts: 28 Member
    Hi ladies! Late to the party but looking to add new friends :) working on dropping my body fat a bit more before I bulk up. Been out of the gym for about 8 months and ready to jump back in. I'd love to compete someday likely in bikini category that look is my goal for now. Add me! Ps I'm also looking for a buddy to text for support
  • lilygarcia3
    lilygarcia3 Posts: 22 Member
    AoifeElmo wrote: »
    Also trying to build muscle, I'm trying to gain weight too as I'm a few pounds underweight. Have seen some muscle gains already though with my one 8kg dumbell haha. :D

Ahh same here!
  • fireandfox
    fireandfox Posts: 25 Member
    Late joiner!
    I'm stuck between wanting to make some gains and remain skinny. I'm 5ft4 and eating 1400 a day (which was me upping my intake from 1200). I'm scared I won't be able to cut, and scared that the weight I put on won't leave gains in the places I want then to and will undo all the work I've previously done to get lean. Any advice?
    Feel free to add me and thanks guys x
  • vanessagarvin
    vanessagarvin Posts: 5 Member
    Hey ladies, add me!! I am nine weeks post baby and back to working out. I used to be extremely fit and did fitness competitions for five years. It's crazy how much muscle mass is lost on just nine months!! I worked out heavy building muscle my first trimester and moderately until month five but having a difficult pregnancy, I worked out very little in the last four months of my pregnancy and the first 7 weeks post baby waiting (impatiently) to be fully recovered.

I've got about 18 pounds to lose to get back to my pre baby weight but Im also working on getting my gains back. Before getting pregnant I had a 50 pushup goal, I was up to 33, so I guess my first goal is to get back to 33. Anyone up for the challenge??? Add me:)
  • vanessagarvin
    vanessagarvin Posts: 5 Member

minnwow wrote: »
    Hi ladies! Late to the party but looking to add new friends :) working on dropping my body fat a bit more before I bulk up. Been out of the gym for about 8 months and ready to jump back in. I'd love to compete someday likely in bikini category that look is my goal for now. Add me! Ps I'm also looking for a buddy to text for support

Hey, add me! We could help each other out! I used to compete in fitness competitions for five years before I got married and had a baby. My baby is now nine weeks old and I'm back at it! So it's been about six months since I've really focused on staying lean and gaining muscle mass. I need all the support I can get to lose those 18 baby pounds and get back to the level I was at... And would love to help you! I competed in the bikini/athletic category and have placed 2nd, 3rd twice, and a 5th place.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    I actually just posted a discussion regarding bulking, and looking for women who have/are currently bulking! Would love to connect with any of you, as well! Feel free to send me a request, and just let me know you're from the bulking thread! :)

I'm in the same boat it sounds like a few people are in. I've been trying to recomp for about 6 months now, and frankly I'm sick of it. I'm over the whole "I don't want to get fat" crap-- I just want some gains! I'm tired of caring about what the scale says... I saw a decent amount of newbie gains in the beginning, but I've been so stagnant lately. Time to up the calories and hit it heavier!
  • CassBurgos83
    CassBurgos83 Posts: 54 Member
    Working on this as well...It's going to take me a little longer with a 3 month old, but I'm ready :)
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    You can add me too, I'm currently lifting heavy and hope to shed fat and become stronger. Someday I would love to do a powerlifting show.
  • nicholedlrosa
    nicholedlrosa Posts: 1 Member
    Me! Just starting & need all the help I can get!
  • katt981
    katt981 Posts: 11 Member
    Everyone is bulking and I'm cutting and HANGRY LOL
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    katt981 wrote: »
    Everyone is bulking and I'm cutting and HANGRY LOL

Don't feel bad. I'm bulking and hangry. Stupid low TDEE.
  • jplinis
    jplinis Posts: 35 Member
    Add me! Wanting to start bulking soon after I lose a bit of fat.
  • rachjiam
    rachjiam Posts: 1 Member
    My first time bulking so I could really use advice if anyone has any! Add me
  • londa1017
    londa1017 Posts: 2 Member
    Good luck ladies.I'll be keeping up. Would love to join but can't
  • Hello, i have been a been in the gym for 4 years now but i am starting to take it more seriously. i have always wanted to get into bodybuilding but mostly ended up doing lots of research and getting massively confused. This year i am in the right mind set and ready to see gains and feel stronger! add me if you like :) and also tips and tricks for a novice would be much appreciated :)
  • jennybunny1
    jennybunny1 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi,

I recently started lifting in September and I'm starting my first bulk. My goal is 6 pounds by March. Feel free to add me.
  • bdiday
    bdiday Posts: 1 Member
    Yesss! I would like some contacts too! Skinny girl here trying to gain at least 15 lbs of weight/muscle and curves.
  • lacaro1
    lacaro1 Posts: 81 Member
    arditarose wrote: »

Lucky. I'm gaining on 2000. It doesn't even feel like enough food. I really hope I can get 2000 to be my TDEE someday.

I started a bulk at 2200 (was a bit disappointed as so little calories for a bulk) in october, gained 2 kg over the course of 2 months, but the last two weeks my weight has stayed the same (even lost a bit) aka I think this might be my new maintenance yey, so there is hope ;)