WELCOME!!!! Lets introduce ourselves.

13»

Replies

• MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Hello! My name is Diane. I am 34, started MFP @ 240 lbs, currently weigh 231.9. I would love to be back at my highschool weight of 132 but am thinking 160 is probable a better and more attainable goal. I try to walk daily and have downloaded the C25k app that I want to start using soon. I am trying to utilize all of the suggestions I read about on here to make sure this time I can follow through with my weight loss. Here's to a healthier life!

I just started c25k, I finished week 1 yesterday. The first day was ROUGH for me becuase I am NOT a runner. 2nd day was bearable but I finished feeling like I wanted to throw up. Day 3 though I got through with no major aversions and actually felt really, really good afterwards. I'm excited to move on to Week 2 on Friday!
  • so583
    so583 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, i am new on MFP. My ultimate goal is to loose around 100 pounds and keep it off. Wish to become healthier. I have recently joined the gym. Any excercises you recommend? I am looking for a lifestyle that is sustainable. Any advice?
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    so583 wrote: »
    Hi, i am new on MFP. My ultimate goal is to loose around 100 pounds and keep it off. Wish to become healthier. I have recently joined the gym. Any excercises you recommend? I am looking for a lifestyle that is sustainable. Any advice?
    Welcome! Sorry I can't be of much help recommending exercises...right now I am just trying to walk 10,000 steps per day.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Jo from Nova Scotia, Canada. I was thrilled to see your group as I believe anything is possible with a little help and encouragement! I'm 37. 5' 4 1/2". Starting weight 248, current weight 220.

1st mini goal 10% lost - reached a couple weeks ago.
    2nd mini: 30 pounds
    3rd: Next 10%
    4th: To hit ONE-derland
    And that's how far I've dared to dream so far....
  • Pomodori
    Pomodori Posts: 39 Member
    Hi all! ^_^

I'm 31 years old, 5'5" and live in the UK.

Starting weight: 250
    Current weight: 204
    Goal weight: 170

Looking to lose 80 pounds first-of-all, then who knows, onwards and downwards as I always say.

I've been going at this calorie counting lark since July/August and my motivation is wavering slightly, so would love some support and encouragement from others who are going through the same thing :-)
  • chnkysoup
    Pomodori wrote: »
    Hi all! ^_^

Looking to lose 80 pounds first-of-all, then who knows, onwards and downwards as I always say.

I've been going at this calorie counting lark since July/August and my motivation is wavering slightly, so would love some support and encouragement from others who are going through the same thing :-)

Wow great job on the weight loss so far!!
  • chnkysoup
    Hi everyone! I'm Jo from Nova Scotia, Canada. I was thrilled to see your group as I believe anything is possible with a little help and encouragement! I'm 37. 5' 4 1/2". Starting weight 248, current weight 220.

Welcome! Good job on your weight loss thus far!
  • Pomodori
    Pomodori Posts: 39 Member
    chnkysoup wrote: »
    Hi all! ^_^

Wow great job on the weight loss so far!!

I'm doing my best to kick myself into touch :smiley:
    #ProgressNotPerfection
  • xoxoamandaz
    xoxoamandaz Posts: 76 Member
    mclark552 wrote: »
    Guess I should pay more attention. I started a new discussion introducing myself instead of commenting here. So I'll add here too.

I'm 28 (29 soon, Dec 17!). I'm a single mom to a 5 (almost 6) yo little boy. I work in retail management which is super hectic this time of the year, but the good thing is that I do a LOT of moving around at work so it's usually pretty easy to get 8-10k steps a day in.

I've been very overweight almost my whole life, but it's gotten extra bad after my son was born. I'm ready to really make a committment to getting healthy for myself and for my son. I've lost about 14lbs so far in my first month back here on MFP. So far I have just been tracking food/calories, wearing a fitbit, and I just started c25K, finished week 1 yesterday.

I love the fitbit because it motivates me to move more, especially on days when I'm off of work. But aside from making sure I'm walking a lot with my fitbit, and the C25K, I'm not doing any other exercising at the moment. I'm contemplating joining the fitness center at the local park district, but I'm still undecided if it's an expense I am able to budget in.

Looking forward to sharing my successes and motivation with all of you.

I am so happy you are joining us....!!!!
  • xoxoamandaz

Awesome!!!! you go!!!
  • xoxoamandaz
    Hi all! ^_^

welcome welcome welcome!!!
  • xoxoamandaz
    so583 wrote: »

Hi and Welcome....my advice would be to find something that you like to do. Running, Dancing, Fit Videos, anything that will keep your interest.
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hello all,

My name is Mary Kate. I'm 36, a mother of 3 girls (ages 6, 8 and 11) and I teach middle school science. I've always struggled with my weight and staying on track. As of this morning I weigh 313 (eek highest ever number) for years I've never gone higher then 280 but suddenly this year things have changed and the number is creeping up. I need to stop it and lose at least 100lbs.

My husband is an amateur body builder so we got an elliptical for Christmas I've been doing 25 minutes and slowly adding another 5 minutes when I can. Yesterday I hit 25 minutes!

Right now I'm just tracking my food and making better choices but I'm waiting on a doctors appointment to start the ball rolling to rule out rheumatoid arthritis (runs in my family). My husband and I are thinking of following Whole 30, if I do have RA I'm curious to see if it helps. My joints have been really bothering me lately and I've been waking up with swollen hands/feet - all symptoms that led to my grandmother and cousins being diagnosed.

Thanks for letting me join!
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Hello, I'm Jeanie, I'm 36, lost 80lbs back in 2011-2012 by MFP and working out regularly. I have gained back 50 of those lovely pounds and hit 200.6 lbs a couple of days ago... :s and enough is enough... I never wanted to leave 100-der-land ever again...sooo here I am at 197.8 this morning... Getting back at it to get down to 145lbs.

I am a happily married mommy of 3 kiddos. I am looking for support and want to offer support to reach our goals! Nice meeting all of you! :)
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    oh yea forgot my stats..
    HW=266lbs
    SW=235lbs
    CW=197lbs
    goal= 145lbs
  • justynegil
    justynegil Posts: 13 Member
    Hello. My name is Justyne, I am 29 years old. I am getting married in September, I would really like to lose 50 lbs by then, but my ultimate goal is to lose 80 lbs, I am currently 238.8 lbs, I have just started tracking my calories, I got a Fitbit for Christmas but it is making me realize how lazy (inactive?) I am.
    I would love some help and motivation and support through my journey.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Happy to see a few more faces! I think we could all use the support! :)
  • brwneyedgrrl41
    brwneyedgrrl41 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope I can join you too! My goal is to lose 100 lbs and I've been using MFP since July. I'm down 40 lb so far but I feel like I've started to lose my motivation and I don't want to start slipping back into old snacking habits with the holidays coming.

40lbs that is awesome!!!! Way to go!!!
    We try pur best to stay motivated and try to motivate others. I think alot of us here have similar goals. Losing more than 50lbs. What have you been doing to lose the weight.

Thanks :) I've been trying to include protein in every meal, and I make sure I grab some veggies for a snack at work. Plus I drink a lot of water. I was walking more during the summer but then my hours changed at work and shortly after that I got the flu so I've hit a plateau since November that I just can't seem to get past