Pizzookied

Options
Wow. Just wow. So...I met a friend for lunch today at our local BJs Brewhouse restaurant. They have a "light" menu, which I checked out in advance and planned my meal accordingly. Things were going swimmingly, then my friend suggests sharing a "Pizzookie" (a cookie baked in a small pizza pan served with a generous portion of ice cream on top). Normally, I forgo dessert but I thought I could be reasonable and enjoy sharing it with her (i.e. eat half or less).

Well, shazam! I got home and looked up the calorie count on that sucker: 1220 calories! I just had about 610 calories. For. Dessert. Well crap-on-a-cringle.

I'm not really freaking out since I can work it into my calories for the week, but I just had to express my dismay at such a surprise.

BTW, it was amazingly good but the sugar buzz is really getting me down right about now. Not used to such indulgences! B)

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Those things are delicious. My husband and I went to BJs a month or so ago. We got the 3 mini pizzookie dessert--chocolate chip, chocolate chocolate, and peanut butter. He ate the first one and I ate both of the other two. They were delicious and calories well spent.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The pizzookie is one of my fav desserts. We go to BJ's just for dessert to get it once in a while.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I make something similar at home - I have some small cast-iron pans that are PERFECT for making a big chocolate chip cookie.

The downside? I can fit a whole dozen cookies on there, easily. That's 1044 calories (per the recipe I have built out here).

And you can't have ice cream without custard, so there's another 200+ calories. Plus some syrup and whipped cream if I have it.

I now make no more than 4 cookies at a time, plus some custard. Still super delish, still satisfies my sweet tooth, but not the horrifying calorie-bomb, lol.

A chocolate chocolate one sounds yummy.

~Lyssa
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm the only one, but the word "Pizookie" makes me think of "The Music Man".

Pizookie! Pizookie! Pizookie!
    That girl is hard to get
    But you can win her yet
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Maybe I'm the only one, but the word "Pizookie" makes me think of "The Music Man".

That girl is hard to get
    But you can win her yet

It's definitely not only just you. I only clicked on this thread because I was intrigued as to what something from The Music Man had to do with Food and Nutrition!
  • Jruzer
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I am now very sad that there are no BJ Brewhouse's in my town.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    The pizzookie is one of my fav desserts. We go to BJ's just for dessert to get it once in a while.

I feel I need to try to this....
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a drunk man trying to order a pizza :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    They have something similar at Lou Malnati's. Apparently the individual size is only 410 calories, although the regular is supposed to be 1600 calories per serving if I'm reading it right. 129 g vs. 481 g (which seems gigantic -- a lb of cookie).
  • instantmartian
    Options

I got so excited when Peter did this. My newish-at-the-time boyfriend, who was not familiar with The Music Man back then, thought I was a bit crazy.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    They have something similar at Lou Malnati's. Apparently the individual size is only 410 calories, although the regular is supposed to be 1600 calories per serving if I'm reading it right. 129 g vs. 481 g (which seems gigantic -- a lb of cookie).

It is. Check out a pic of the one at BJ's. Definitely a two person dessert.
  • Jruzer
    Options

I got so excited when Peter did this. My newish-at-the-time boyfriend, who was not familiar with The Music Man back then, thought I was a bit crazy.

I love how well matched-up it is in parts, like for example the couples all dancing together toward the end.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Right, I just saw a meme with a donut and it said it's 400 or 500 calories. Some days I have only 700 or 900 calories and struggle to get above a thousand, where I'm supposed to be. And then I see what food craziness is out there and I don't know what to think anymore .......
  • instantmartian
    Options

I love how well matched-up it is in parts, like for example the couples all dancing together toward the end.

Me, too! :)
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My son loves pizzookies. Thankfully, I am not a big fan.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've never done the pizzookie but I recently did one of these.

o.jpg

It was like the food equivalent of mainlining heroin and smoking crack at the same time.