22 years old, and I need to lose 90lbs! I need YOUR help!

Hi my name is Courtney.
I recently was given an opportunity to lose weight and receive a free surgical procedure for my weight loss journey. ONLY if I can show that I'm serious and can show my doctor significant weight loss within a month. I'm not a very good cook and I have become accustomed to eating fast food as an "easy fix" so I'm hoping with your friendship and motivation we can do this together! Add me today, let's do this!

Replies

• brudius
    brudius Posts: 18 Member
    I have about 90 pounds to lose as well. I love to cook and could give you some great tips that i use to dampen the burden of cooking during a work week. Add me as a friend and i would love to help encourage you.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Define "significant weight loss "
  • BoogiesMom10
    BoogiesMom10 Posts: 23 Member
    Define "significant weight loss "

This. 90lbs is significant and I'm going for that as well, but once I lose it, surgery wouldn't even be an option. Do you mind if I ask what your starting weight is? Might help to get more accurate help from others....
  • Fatboy2Fitboy
    Fatboy2Fitboy Posts: 44 Member
    Eat smart and log everything everyday and you'll be amazed how you easily you can shed the fat. Good luck!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    Is it just me, or is the concept of "an opportunity to lose weight and receive a free surgical procedure" a little strange?

OP, had you already been considering this particular surgery as an option? Are we talking about some kind of weight loss surgery (lap/band), or are we talking about cosmetic surgery?

As for your actual question, there are lots of easy foods that you can purchase to have at home (fruits take little work; most veggies can be simply prepared through roasting, steaming, or stir-frying, some can even be eaten raw; oatmeal, or fruit and yogurt, or eggs and toast are all easy breakfasts, or you can do fruit & protein smoothies with just an immersion blender; you can buy pre-portioned, ready-to-bake or broil chicken and fish; etc., and in the long run it will likely cost you less than fast food). You don't have to make a major production out of eating at home, especially if you're only cooking for yourself.

Or you can learn the nutrition facts on what's available at the fast food places you frequent and make better choices there. Or you can explore other fast food places with different options that might fit your nutrition needs better. I like Chipotle, Pret a Manger, Panera, Protein Bar, and Subway when I'm trying to actually get a reasonable nutritional-bang for my calorie-buck.

Or you can combine those and other strategies (meal prepping for the week, convenience foods to eat at home -- canned soup, for example, can be very low-cal and filling at a very low cost). It doesn't have to be all one thing or the other.
  • ouellegw
    ouellegw Posts: 11 Member
    Weigh everything. Measure everything. Most of all be honest with yourself. The only one that loses out if you're not honest is you. I have learned that lesson. Best of luck to you!! :)
  • yardprincess
    yardprincess Posts: 42 Member
    I agree with ouellegw, the key to successful weight loss - if you're serious and committed!- is to weigh and log everything (including exercise), don't eat back your workout calories, and be patient. Losing a lot of weight in a short amount of time is NOT good for you, teaches you nothing and does not help you to make any kind of long lasting LIFE CHANGE. A diet is not something you go on and off, it's a complete and total change from this day on. You may find that you will have to re-think everything you thought you knew about food, exercise and your own body.
    Best of luck!
  • LittleMetalKat
    LittleMetalKat Posts: 2 Member
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm 5'4" at 190 pounds and my doctor has been telling me to lose weight but not much has worked for me. I have know the main reason I have been having a hard time losing weight is due to Polycystic ovary syndrome. It runs in my family yet when I try talking to my doctor about it he doesn't believe me and thinks I am just a lazy person who does nothing but shovel doughnuts in ny face hole. So anyway I keep trying to get him to do the blood tests and diagnose me so I can get the medicine to help control my blood sugar and thus help me lose weight. Sadly I can't change doctors so I am kinda just stuck... It's so frustrating. I need to lose about 80 pounds. :(
  • CourtneyMarie1760
    CourtneyMarie1760 Posts: 45 Member
    Starting weight is 290, I'm 5'7". Putting the BMI at a whopping 45. Lynn I am of Indian decent, so the Cherokee tribe has offered weight loss surgery (gastric bypass, lapband) at no cost to me if I'm serious about this lifestyle change.
    Thank you to everyone for the encouragement and tips!
    I am currently down 7lbs!
  • Pinkrockstarr1
    Pinkrockstarr1 Posts: 1 Member
    Ketosis diet. Research it and try it for a week.
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    I was sleeved this past April and have lost 110 lbs. Feel free to add me for a resource and motivation.