• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    WEEK 14 FASTING DIET

Start Weight/Height/Age/Start Date: 250 / 6'1" / 54 / 06 Sept 2015

Weekly Weight Loss: 7, 3, 3, 1, 3, (1), 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, (2), 4, 1

Total Weight Loss: 32-lbs / 14-wks

Current Weight: 218

Goal Weight: 199, 19 to go

Week's Comments: Rough week for losses. Had a lunch and dinner party on Thurs. Had a funeral on Saturday with lunch after (I got a big salad). Sick on Sunday and ate lunch so could take meds. Hard to eat just a little once start eating. I guess that is why I'm on this OMAD type diet, works for me.

I updated my weight loss goals which lowered my allowable cals since I lost weight. I use maint as the goal so it shows me that number. My goal is then to go below it. I like managing it that way better.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Yes sir, it's all about managing, which is why the "just eat little meals" philosophy comes unraveled at the seam very quickly for most.

And hey, a few rough weeks now and again are what remind you you're still alive! ;-p
  • blambo61
    Yes sir, it's all about managing, which is why the "just eat little meals" philosophy comes unraveled at the seam very quickly for most.

And hey, a few rough weeks now and again are what remind you you're still alive! ;-p

Yep, I will get through it.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Stay strong!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 wrote: »
    WEEK 14 FASTING DIET

Start Weight/Height/Age/Start Date: 250 / 6'1" / 54 / 06 Sept 2015

Weekly Weight Loss: 7, 3, 3, 1, 3, (1), 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, (2), 4, 1

Total Weight Loss: 32-lbs / 14-wks

Current Weight: 218

Goal Weight: 199, 19 to go

Week's Comments: Rough week for losses. Had a lunch and dinner party on Thurs. Had a funeral on Saturday with lunch after (I got a big salad). Sick on Sunday and ate lunch so could take meds. Hard to eat just a little once start eating. I guess that is why I'm on this OMAD type diet, works for me.

I updated my weight loss goals which lowered my allowable cals since I lost weight. I use maint as the goal so it shows me that number. My goal is then to go below it. I like managing it that way better.

With everything I was still able to lose a lb!
  • blambo61
    WEEK 15
    This was a good week. Kept the diet Sun to Fri. Lost 2 lbs from last week's previous low (lost 4 lbs from Sunday since I usually gain 2 lbs of food weight by Sun from the week's low due to Fri night/Saturday eating).

This Fri night cals were very excessive since I splurged cause wife and I celebrated anniversary by going out and eating huge dinner. I will go off diet today. My week is from Sun morn to Sun morn but I usually eat more Fri night and Saturdays so my lighest weight is usually Fri morning. By Sun morn I've got an extra 2 lbs of food weight in me, by Tues it's gone, by Wed I'm down another lb due to Sun to Tues fasting. By Fri, I'm usually down about another lb.

I didn't do any cardio this week due to some lung congestion but did some weights.
  • arguablysamson
    Lung congestion...I have some of that. No fun.
  • blambo61
    edited December 2015
    I think I'm about better. I will start back up slowly on Monday. I did get weights in 3 times this week (not a lot) so that was good.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Feel better soon!!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    wow, you are doing really good Blambo!
  • blambo61
    WEEK 16

Well, a week from last Friday was my and wife's wedding anniversary night and I ate big, Saturday ate all day, Tuesday browsed all day (smoked turkey got me going), Christmas morning I didn't even realize that I was eating stuff out of my Christmas sock until I had been munching for a while (venison jerky my wife made). I ended up browsing that day. Kept up the fast for the rest of the days though. Didn't log my calories because even if only eating in the evening, I'm eating a little of a lot of things (there is food everywhere here). I probably had significant calories even when the eating window was only 3 or 4 hours (close to maint cals instead of a deficit). I find that if I go off the diet or start eating early that the shrunk stomach isn't shrunk anymore and I can eat more in the 3 to 4 hour window in the evening (and want to eat more since I think I'm programmed to want to eat tell full). I have also not been doing my usual cardio because I got some nasty lung infection that has been going around. I'm mostly over it and am bringing the cardio back slowly. I have started lifting weights and am trying to increase the weights instead of doing a large volume so I will and probably have gained a little muscle from that. Lifting weights makes it a lot harder to tell if you are getting leaner because you may not loose weight even if you are getting leaner (muscle is more dense than fat and takes up less room for the same weight). I plan on lifting twice a week and doing cardio twice a week now. The weights might make the weight loss slow down, but I will need to check the belt to see if I'm getting leaner. I'm going to go get a body fat % measurement soon to see where I'm at. I was 33.5% or 35.3% before starting the diet. I have the paperwork at work so don't remember. I'm probably about 25% right now. I'm off work this week but plan on keeping the diet this week (only eating in the evenings). Will be interesting to see if I can get rid of food/water/muscle glycogen weight or see if I really gained fat weight (I gained 2 lbs for the week). I don't drink anywhere near the amount of water when I'm home as compared to work so that effects things also. I think more water helps to eliminate the food weight. I'm almost wanting to get back to work so I can get into a better routine. I'm not too worried though and if I only gained 2 lbs for being on vacation for 2 weeks, I don't think that is horrible although loosing some more would have been better. A lb of the weight gain might be muscle also.
  • arguablysamson
    My experience with extended splurging occasions has been that it takes up to 6 to 8 days of big eating to start to get your body back in the gaining mode. Actual fat storage accumulation would be around 3 weeks or longer. You'll straighten out and start heading back down. Just give your body the responsible consistency it had and you'll drop off and be heading downward again by the next 2 or 3 days.
  • blambo61
    Sounds good and I think that will happen also. It really is an accumulation of what you do over time that is most important. Thanks for the comments. Was good today and had about a 700 cal deficit if I include the weights I did.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Just DON'T do what I did and keep eating big. Soon, my losses were gone, and I was right back to where I started with nothing other than a sense of "what could have been". You are getting it done, keep on rolling!
  • blambo61
    M_Foote wrote: »
    Just DON'T do what I did and keep eating big. Soon, my losses were gone, and I was right back to where I started with nothing other than a sense of "what could have been". You are getting it done, keep on rolling!

Thanks for the encouragement. My personal opinion is that to be sustainable, I think an occasional splurge day is good so you don't get burned out on the diet. I think we are usually all in or all out and if we are too strict we may be all out. Having said that, I will splurge on Holidays for that very reason. I don't want to hate the diet. I sometimes also take Saturdays off and will participate in the occasional work lunch. I changed my goal cals to maint level and now I usually at lest meet that. Before, I had it set up to lose 2bs a week and that meant a 1000 cal deficit a day. If I had a really good day but it was only a 900 cal deficit, it would not log me as having met a goal. I psychologically didn't like that so I set my goal to the maintenance level and now I look at any day under maint day a success. Of course I have to have reasonable deficits or I will not lose fat but I also don't put the pressure on me to do it every day. This is just my way of thinking and It might be good for some and not good for others depending on what it leads to. Find what works and don't give up!
  • blambo61
    edited December 2015
    I went and did an InBody Direct Segmental Multi-frequency Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (DSM-BIA) reading today at work. I had one done before I started the diet also.

Comparing the two analyses, it says I've lost 28.9 lbs total with 24.4 lbs of it being fat and 4.5 lbs of it being muscle. I was wondering what was going on with the muscle. That isn't a ton of muscle and I've recently started lifting weights and hopefully I won't lose too much more with the next 30 lbs of fat I need to lose. I will continue to watch the protein to make sure I'm getting enough and will suppliment with it to make sure I am getting enough.

My scale measurements say I've lost 33 lbs but I think I've learned to stand on my analog scale in funny ways (most weight on the left foot) and it reads about 3 lbs or so lighter than it really is lol! I'm going to continue doing my cheating weigh-ins on my home scale but when I finally get to my GW, I will go by these and other analyses with the machine.
  • arguablysamson
    edited January 2016
    Ah, nice stuff to know.

Keep in mind that with ALL methods, some muscle loss will happen with weight-loss. That sounds right at average. Even in bears, muscle loss happens because the body can only go one way or the other. That said, I have often wondered how it would work to be supplementing and/or adding in a higher percentage of protein along the journey. Let's see how your journey goes with that. I suppose a very light weight-lifting workout once a week wouldn't hurt.
  • blambo61
    I'm not disappointed in loosing a little muscle. I don't want to lose a lot but I really want to get this fat off. I think if we don't do resistance training, that the body should lose some muscle because it takes less muscle to handle a 200 lb body than it does a 300 lb body and not just due to starving the muscles. I think that the muscle loss should be less if resistance training is done (would simulate having a heavier body). I have just started doing some weight lifting twice a week but I'm not planning on going light. I'm trying to increase the weights as I go. I know this might slow down the weight loss but I'm low enough weight now that I'm ok with that if I can gain some muscle and strength. The weight loss might be slowed down but the body % fat change shouldn't slow down if I'm gaining muscle and might even be accelerated since muscle burns more cals at rest.

I have access to the machine I mentioned at work and will probably go in and get a measurement once a month to track what is going on. They have a BodPod also which is even more accurate and I got an appointment next Monday to get a measurement with that.

I have been using protein supps almost each day since probably week 4 to week 6 of this diet to try to prevent muscle loss and plan on doing so in the future. I'm probably not taking enough though from reading what is recommended while lifting. I will post results in the future. If I lose another 4.5 lbs of muscle for the next 25 lbs of fat, it will be worth it. I can always add some muscle back on when I get out of calorie deficit mode and start on a maint calorie plan. Thanks for the comments.
  • blambo61
    Went skiing today. Was an awesome blue-bird day! I looked to see if I could see any clouds anywhere and couldn't. Was a little cold (10 degrees when got there and 3 degrees when I left) but that was ok. Was my first outing this year and I could tell a big difference with not having to fight the momentum of an additional 30-lbs. Also, I felt more confident because it felt easier and that led to less tenseness which help me to last longer. The biking I have done lately helped a lot too I'm sure. I got in about 11,000 vertical feet or so. I am way excited to have lost the weight I have and the impact on doing things like this! I can't wait to drop another 30!
  • arguablysamson
    I hate the cold, and heights, but I feel your excitement. The trips you're going to be taking will be getting progressively better.

But, man, tonight, I'm hold up here in this building and just sipping hot coffee in the warmth!!!