NSV!! Grrrr

Love the weight loss, but hate baggy clothes!! If there has been anything negative about this journey, it's my clothes!!! Get ones that fit or are small, finally get into them and before I know it, they are falling down! Was shopping and I kept feeling my pants and underwear sliding down! The expense of getting healthy!!! Between the gym, trainer, clothes, food-I'm broke!! Never mind Christmas and life in general!!

Replies

• amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    What does NSV stand for?
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    the thrift stores are your friend
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 727 Member
    @AmyRhubarb271 NSV = Non Scale Victory.

OP - Ah the 'joys' of non fitting clothes and in-between sizes....I feel you on this on. It was a major pain in the backside when I was losing.....so I spent a lot of time wearing baggy clothes (till they got to the dangerous falling down unexpectedly time).

I spent major hours searching through thrift shops for 'new' clothes.....during the losing phase I limited myself to picking up specific items that I knew I would use over and over and that kept the cost down too.

At least it shows that all your hard work is paying off.....Well done!! and good luck on finding some 'new' threads.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    chey282 wrote: »
    Love the weight loss, but hate baggy clothes!! If there has been anything negative about this journey, it's my clothes!!! Get ones that fit or are small, finally get into them and before I know it, they are falling down! Was shopping and I kept feeling my pants and underwear sliding down! The expense of getting healthy!!! Between the gym, trainer, clothes, food-I'm broke!! Never mind Christmas and life in general!!

I hear you! That has been my problem too.

I can't have all my clothes up in my closet ... it's too small. So last year about this time, I put all my medium and small clothes from my slender days + all my winter clothes into bins in the basement. Then I started losing weight. So come autumn (May-ish), I brought up the bins and started sorting through them to see what I could wear and to exchange my summer clothes for winter clothes. The bins have not returned to the basement since, and I've got clothes stacked everywhere!

I'm still losing weight, so it's a constant thing of putting a skirt into a bin because I literally cannot wear it anymore because it falls right off, and digging out a skirt that I can wear once or twice, and then it's too big ...

I went through all my pants in October and was excited because I thought I was on top of things and could just pull out a pair and wear it. Last week, I pulled out a pair that has always been a bit tight ... and they're way too loose now, so I guess I will be spending my time off over Christmas going through all my pants again.

And thus getting dressed in the morning is time consuming because I end up having to try on several outfits to see if I can find one that actually kind of fits.

Thrift stores are definitely the way to go ... but at this point I just want to get on top of what I've already got, and then see what I need.

• chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Thanks! It's nice to hear I'm not alone here in this particular struggle!! Being 5 ft tall makes it difficult at best to find stuff that fits in length, (seldom able to!!) I try not to let stuff get too baggy, saggy butt jeans drive me nuts for some reason. Looks like a trip to Goodwill is in order. Hopefully they will have something in my size!! Last couple times they haven't. We are getting a Ross Dress for Less soon, hopefully VERY soon!!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Bring your too-big clothes to donate when you go to Goodwill! Or offer them on freecycle. It clears out your house, and is added incentive not to regain.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    I cant afford to keep buying new clothes either.
    The way I am combating this is to keep my wardrobe to a minimum until I am at my ideal weight and I am only buying cheap clothes.
    I have 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of jeggings, 1 skirt, maybe 3-4 nice going out tops and maybe 6 casual tops.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    I cant afford to keep buying new clothes either.
    The way I am combating this is to keep my wardrobe to a minimum until I am at my ideal weight and I am only buying cheap clothes.
    I have 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of jeggings, 1 skirt, maybe 3-4 nice going out tops and maybe 6 casual tops.

Me too! I have found khaki pants for 14.50 at Walmart. The pair I bought in Oct are sagging on me and look like crap. Time to get new ones.
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    I pass my too big stuff on to friends, I've been able to get by, but have a feeling I'm going to need a shopping trip soon. Have jeans that are fine, that were given to me, have plenty of skorts to wear w leggings, for working out, luckily the leggings fit. Hubby has lost enough that his old tshirts are too big for him but fit me just right! Will have to check goodwill again!!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Agree with thrift stores, goodwills.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 522 Member
    chey282 wrote: »

I know how you feel. I have jeans, that are probably the best jeans I have ever had the pleasure of wearing, but I don't plan on sticking at this weight for long so I'll have to hold a memorial service for them some day. The other problem here? They were from a thrift store, and there was no way on the jeans, that I'm aware of, that told me where they were originally from so that I could maybe track them down and get them in a smaller size.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    edited December 2015
    @AmyRhubarb271 NSV = Non Scale Victory.

Thank you! I have been trying to work this out for ages!

Where did the Rhubarb in my name come from?! Now I want rhubarb and custard :D