confused

Options
hey my names lacey and i just lost my first 5 pounds which im extremely proud of but i notice some people can lose that in one week not 4 weeks. i was wodnering if anybody knows a better way i can do that. i walk. i streghth train. i do alot of stuff and drink lots of water.its all i drink:bigsmile:

Replies

• WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hey my names lacey and i just lost my first 5 pounds which im extremely proud of but i notice some people can lose that in one week not 4 weeks. i was wodnering if anybody knows a better way i can do that. i walk. i streghth train. i do alot of stuff and drink lots of water.its all i drink:bigsmile:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I only lose about a pound a week, so, I think you're pretty normal. I'd love for it to drop off quicker, but I know that by going slow, my body will have the time to adjust to the new demands I'm making on it.
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    thanx:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyb
    Options
    i think a lot of it depends on genetics (particularly, metabolism). :devil:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Do you also measure yourself? You could be gaining muscle and burning off the fat at the same time...

I would incorporate measuring along with your weekly weigh in..
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    First of all, welcome to MFP!

1 to 2 pounds a week is a normal healthy loss. While all of us will differ in how much we lose over a period of time, consistanly losing more than that long term can cause prolems, including not being able to lose anything at all! Just stick to being healthy and everything else will follow. =)

:flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on where you set your goals, how much weight you need to lose, individual genetics, whether or not you're recording all your food and doing it properly, how much cardio you're doing vs strength training.

It's not unusual for some to lose many pounds in one or two weeks at first when they shift their eating habits, get exercise, drop sodium intake and increase water intake, especially if they have a lot of weight to lose. The weight loss starts to slow down a bit after the blush is off the rose, and that is normal.

Concentrate on your tape measure, and your re-education about health, and you'll be fine!

And welcome!! :flowerforyou: