Clothes shopping is fun again! Size 18W to 14 misses and close to size 12!

I started out at 227 pounds and a size 18W and have now gotten down to 195.5 pounds, size 14 misses and I'm getting close to a size 12! Today I'm wearing size 14 jeggings which I never in my life thought I would ever feel comfortable wearing. I also tried on a pair of size 12 jeans in Kmart last night and they were skintight and I couldn't breathe lol. Getting close to the size I was in my mid-20's and I'm excited to go clothes shopping again.

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    I started out at 227 pounds and a size 18W and have now gotten down to 195.5 pounds, size 14 misses and I'm getting close to a size 12! Today I'm wearing size 14 jeggings which I never in my life thought I would ever feel comfortable wearing. I also tried on a pair of size 12 jeans in Kmart last night and they were skintight and I couldn't breathe lol. Getting close to the size I was in my mid-20's and I'm excited to go clothes shopping again.

Congratulations on all counts! It must feel GREAT!
  • Simply827
    Simply827 Posts: 41 Member
    Congrats!
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    I have very similar stats to you. So exciting to shop at "normal" size stores. It's so much more fun !!! Good for you !!!
  • meeshell314
    meeshell314 Posts: 26 Member
    That's awesome! I have NEVER enjoyed clothes shopping until recently and now I just can't get enough, so I can definitely relate!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    That is the coolest feeling! Good for you :smiley:

A couple of years ago I was in Target trying on "skinny jeans" and one pair fit a lot better than the others and it was a 14 (I thought I took just 16s into the fitting room)...still one of my favorite NSVs! (my heaviest was 307 lb and 'til then I'd always been over 200 lb since age 16 so this was major for me too)
  • Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    Great work! I'm in a very similar position - started at 226, now I'm done to 164/165, I'm just about a 12, and I actually want to shop now! It's a crazy world ain't it!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Woo Hoo to clothes shopping finally being fun.

Well done on your success and look forward to you rocking those size 12's.
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Congrats!
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    That's awesome!! Well done!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Wow. Enjoy looking fantastic in your new clothes. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Fantastic, you're doing great :smiley:
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Good job! My stats are very close to yours. Feels so good to be under 200!
  • Gwen_44
    Gwen_44 Posts: 19 Member
    Yay! Congrats!!
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Big congrats!!!

I went from a size 12/14 - now down to size 8 (UK). Really great to buy a whole new wardrobe! :wink:
  • I_Golf
    I_Golf Posts: 15 Member
    Congrats!! I am currently 18W and hate shopping, so I look forward to when I can be in regular sizes and enjoy buying clothes again. So happy for you and your success!
  • score45609
    score45609 Posts: 36 Member
    truly isnpirational! good job!
  • neda50
    neda50 Posts: 2 Member
    How exciting. Happy shopping.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!