Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    vrojapu wrote: »
    OK my OMAD peeps, I just managed to almost OMAD for a whole week and I'm down 2 lbs - yay!! I say almost OMAD because on 2 days I had a protein snack before going to bed. I'm already feeling soooo much better, it's unbelievable! I didn't think I would be able to do it for more than 2 days, but now I'm reasonably sure I can keep this up. Thanks everyone for being so inspirational and motivational -- just reading your posts keeps me energized!

Great job, keep it up!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Everyone, I'm Kitty.

I believe I currently weight between 112kg and 115kg (I currently don't have my scales with me)

I am 5ft 7 inches

I have been bulimic in my past, my eating problems started as a child as a way to cope with childhood abuse.
    I still have issues with emotional eating, and will use food for any reason to comfort me.

I would like to be 85kg.

I am starting TODAY! 19th Dec 2015 (so I don't have to face a new years resolution next year...hahah)

What has brought me to OMAD? Nothing else just seems realistic, or something I want to do for the rest of my life.

Im starting to get acid reflux (with extreme bad chest pains, and it bloody hurts!!) Its literally a struggle to get out of bed, when did my body get so hard to move?? My left pinky toe suddenly has no feeling in it, My left hip hurts ALOT. My only HUGE winter jacket is starting to get too tight, and that is NOT good.
    I cant stop eating and eating and eating. Im so ashamed of my size.

How can I start my own post on this group so I can be accountable for myself, and ask for help ect and write my thoughts??

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Everyone, I'm Kitty.

I believe I currently weight between 112kg and 115kg (I currently don't have my scales with me)

I am 5ft 7 inches

I have been bulimic in my past, my eating problems started as a child as a way to cope with childhood abuse.
    I still have issues with emotional eating, and will use food for any reason to comfort me.

I would like to be 85kg.

I am starting TODAY! 19th Dec 2015 (so I don't have to face a new years resolution next year...hahah)

What has brought me to OMAD? Nothing else just seems realistic, or something I want to do for the rest of my life.

Im starting to get acid reflux (with extreme bad chest pains, and it bloody hurts!!) Its literally a struggle to get out of bed, when did my body get so hard to move?? My left pinky toe suddenly has no feeling in it, My left hip hurts ALOT. My only HUGE winter jacket is starting to get too tight, and that is NOT good.

How can I start my own post on this group so I can be accountable for myself, and ask for help ect and write my thoughts??

Hi, Kitty.

Nice to know your struggles. Just remember that the more pronounced your difficulties, the more rewarding your success will be.

Just click on the forums title and there is an option on the right to start a new thread, a "Create" button. Having come from Invision Power Board, I can't stand the MFP boards, but they are free and maintained by the staff, so, so be it!

Doesn't take long to get the hang of.
  • mittenswillet
    Thankyou arguablysamson. =) I was hoping you would welcome me, I feel very welcome =)
  • twicor
    twicor Posts: 7 Member
    Hello and Welcome Kitty. Folks here are great. Keep your diary, it helps immeasurably. Post your progress, thoughts, concerns, questions, whatever. Someone can usually always share, commiserate, or advise. ;-) Remember, it's not where you've been, it's where your going.

Welcome again!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Welcome, Kitty, and we're all rooting for you!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    vrojapu wrote: »
    OK my OMAD peeps, I just managed to almost OMAD for a whole week and I'm down 2 lbs - yay!! I say almost OMAD because on 2 days I had a protein snack before going to bed. I'm already feeling soooo much better, it's unbelievable! I didn't think I would be able to do it for more than 2 days, but now I'm reasonably sure I can keep this up. Thanks everyone for being so inspirational and motivational -- just reading your posts keeps me energized!

Great job, keep it up!
    Hi Everyone, I'm Kitty.

I am 5ft 7 inches

I would like to be 85kg.

Kitty, what the others said! Welcome!
  • mittenswillet
    Wow, thankyou everyone for your kind words and comforting support! I truly feel welcome here. =)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Hello! I'm Karla. I've been lurking a bit here for a couple of weeks and am intrigued!

My background is like many others, with failed attempts at weight loss over and over! Last March I found LCHF and haven't looked back! The benefits to my health have been tremendous! I'm an RN who has been unable to work for ten years. After a few months of LCHF I began to feel better, and returned to nursing in November!! The weight loss became a side effect of this way of eating (woe). But, the weight loss stopped (1 pound loss in almost six months but did lose inches). So, I began looking at intermittent fasting, then found you guys. I realised that I had morphed into this woe too, sort of.

So, here I am. I do have a couple of questions though. Can we modify this to fit what seems to be working for us? Does it have to be seven days a week?

What I did this past week was nothing but coffee with heavy whipping cream (1tbsp in 16 ounces), and water, until around 5:30 pm. Then, remaining LCHF, had supper. I dropped 3 pounds as of this morning!!
    I did have three (almost) meals yesterday, Saturday, and may have two today. I do plan to remain OMAD Monday through Friday (except Christmas will be two LCHF meals).

I plan to be here, with my modifications (if okay)! Plus, the support seems awesome! Thanks for being here!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I will begin a thread after approval!
  • vrojapu
    Hi Karla, please start a thread - and please teach me how to, as well!! I don't think you need approval to start a thread ( I hope I'm right). I'm clueless, though - the only way I can reach this page is because I remembered to bookmark it. Welcome to OMAD.

I can do OMAD most days, but tend to do a protein snack before going to bed some days so that I don't get up late night and binge :) All in all, I'm doing and feeling much better that I was a couple of weeks ago, when I cam back to do it a second time around; arguablysamson has done us all a great service by inspiring us and keeping us going with the help of Bob Lamb and others.

Welcome again!
  • mittenswillet
    Welcome Karla! The support here is amazing, and Joe really knows what he's talking about.
  • arguablysamson
    Hi, Karla!

Yes, you can absolutely tailor my plan to whatever works. It's been done with super results from all sorts of people. I'll go and check out your other thread.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    I just posted this in a progress thread then found this so please forgive me for repeating.

I’m Craig, I’m 42yrs old and from Lincolnshire, England.
    Height - 5'11"
    OMAD start date - 11th Dec 2015
    Start Weight - 259 lbs
    Goal Weight - 175 lbs

Early last year I managed to lose around 50lbs in 5 months for a family members wedding but doing a version of the 5:2 diet. I was actually doing 4:3 where I’d eat 500cals on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. On these days I was consuming these in one evening meal.

At the wedding I felt in the best shape that I had in years. Unfortunately, that’s where it stopped! I can’t even explain why but I got back into old habits of excess eating and drinking and undid all my good work and even added a few more pounds :(

A couple of weeks ago my wife got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes which is the result of our poor lifestyle but the silver lining is that it’s given us a wakeup call to change for good.

Although the 4:3 method worked for me before, I always found that eating breakfast and lunch on the non-fasting days to be a chore. I enjoyed the fasting days more and felt at my best around 18hrs into the fast.

So I decided, 11 days ago, to go with the one-meal-a-day route and enjoy the fasting benefits daily.

Because our evening meal is now pretty heathly (due to my Wife having to stick to a traditional 3 meals a day diet) I’m having to add extra bits to make up my calories. Sometimes it seems difficult finding the appetite to get it all in but I really like feeling full before bed.

As of this morning I’m down 14 lbs (I’m well aware that most of that is water weight).

Good luck to fellow OMAD’ers and have a great Christmas and New Year.
  • mittenswillet
    wow, awesome Craig!! Your really on a roll! =) Welcome! and merry xmas!
  • vrojapu
    Congratulations, Craig!
  • arijacks80
    arijacks80 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi! My name is Ari (female) and here are my stats...
    Height: 5'4.5''
    Current weight: 149
    Goal weight: 111
    ~I started off in Feb of this year at 227 and am now at 149 and that's been a mix of Atkins, couple weeks of starvation diet, walking at lunch everyday (not anymore-now have elliptical but hard to get on now everyday cause starting to feel more like chore) and just watching my choice of food for the most part and calorie counting. Joined MyFitnessPal in Sept and have been meeting great folks!

Today is literally my first day of truly trying OMAD. I have gained a couple of pounds from the past couple days due to eating more sweets (Went to Amish country which is my absolute favorite place and though I didn't eat a lot down there, I do love my Amish baked goods!) I just now am starting to get those rumblings from my stomach. I'm holding out though b/c I have planned out a great dinner/dessert for tonight! Been drinking coffee with Stevia today and water (That's it!). Hope to be able to make more progress with this style of eating and save grocery money in the process! LOL

Any tips, motivation, encouragement is welcome and if you'd like to add me as a friend, please do! I am an Ohio Gal but welcome friends from all over!

Cheers and Happy New Year!

~Ari~
  • arguablysamson
    Hi, Ari...

The battleground is in your mind. There will be tough times, but roll right through it and pretend nothing is wrong and you'll get through it. After you've done it a while, you'll get "in the zone" and feel just fine with what for the near future may seem pretty tough. It's all a matter of adjustment. Just keep rolling!
  • arijacks80
    arijacks80 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi, Ari...

The battleground is in your mind. There will be tough times, but roll right through it and pretend nothing is wrong and you'll get through it. After you've done it a while, you'll get "in the zone" and feel just fine with what for the near future may seem pretty tough. It's all a matter of adjustment. Just keep rolling!

~~So I completed my first day yesterday and got hungry after not eaten in 19 hrs. (8pm to 3pm) I did not "over-indulge" when I did have my one meal and dessert but did have more sodium than normal. I gained .4lbs this morning. Is it normal to start off gaining or do you think that was just b/c of the sodium and not the calories? I did not go over 1200 all day. I know I'm not supposed to weight myself everyday but I'm addicted to the scale and those numbers. Help! :smile:
  • arguablysamson
    Weight fluctuates; never forget that, which is why ONE weigh day is set aside for weighing. Just one. You can psych yourself out if you're not careful.