Easy and filling breakfast

Carflea
Carflea Posts: 8 Member
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm getting really bored wil what I choose for breakfast. Does anyone want to share their fav. Breakfast?

Thanks!

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    I just eat cereals, raisin bran, musleix, kashi go lean, oat meal, and mini wheats. i am getting bored of this though. I might make some eggs tomorrow. I picked up a carton of egg whites.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    I love english muffins with egg whites and cheese breakfast sandwhich, 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1cup of strawberries and a glass of silk soy milk....mmmm. Easy to make and filling, I am eating that right now.
  • darkmstf
    darkmstf Posts: 7 Member
    I find that egg whites, with some tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and/or feta in a whole wheat wrap tends to be pretty filling. If you don't have the tomatoes/mushrooms, etc. to toss in, just keep a jar of salsa handy -- that usually does well in a pinch! And it's all super fast/easy to make. Takes only about 5 minutes tops.

Super time saver: slice & dice all your veggies, etc. in advance and keep in baggies -- this way always handy/can just grab when needed.
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    mmmmmm... Steel cut oats (1 cup cooked--- 1/4 cup uncooked) with 2 slices of apples (skinned and chopped up) and 1 packet of Truvia zero calorie sweetener. DELICIOUS!

Boil 1 cup water. Add 1/4 cup steel cut oats. Cook about 15 minutes on low or until desired consistency. Add apples (or other fruit- Strawberries are really good too!) and then mix in a packet of Truvia

all for under 200 calories! :) Enjoy!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    M-F I eat FF yogurt and a piece of fruit. On the weekends I make scrambled eggs with leftover veggies and potatoes. I buy the diced potatoes in the can, drain the water and fry them in a skillet with only using Pam. Then I sprinkle them with cheese.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    My standard breakfast usually includes 1/2 cup all bran, 1 shredded wheat muffet, 1 cup skim milk and then 1 cup of fruit (usually blueberries or raspberries) sprinkled with lots of cinnamon. Not terribly exciting but it's quick and tasty.
  • jcreedy
    jcreedy Posts: 15
    My favorite easy breakfasts are:

whole wheat english muffin with a poached egg, cheese, and one sice of bacon - YUM! An egg mcmuffin at home!
    frozen waffles with strawberry cream cheese - by far the easiest thing to do...plus, you can take it to go!
  • swimmer23
    swimmer23 Posts: 70
    I just started making this breakfast that is TO DIE FOR. I use the kroger brand break free egg whites, chopped red peppers, mushrooms, and make scrambled eggs with them. then i toast healthy life whole wheat bread that is only 35 calories a slice with no high fructose corn syrup and some raspberries. look in my food diary if you want, I've had it for breakfast the past 2 mornings and all togethers it's under 150 calories. and super filling! did i mention it's the best breakfast ever?!?!
  • Almost every M-F I have 3 egg whites with a "sprinkle" of cheese, all natural salsa, and jalapenos. LOVE IT! And only around 75-80 calories (depending on the amount of cheese).

Now I'm hungry and going to get it! :bigsmile:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    mmmmmm... Steel cut oats (1 cup cooked--- 1/4 cup uncooked) with 2 slices of apples (skinned and chopped up) and 1 packet of Truvia zero calorie sweetener. DELICIOUS!

Boil 1 cup water. Add 1/4 cup steel cut oats. Cook about 15 minutes on low or until desired consistency. Add apples (or other fruit- Strawberries are really good too!) and then mix in a packet of Truvia

all for under 200 calories! :) Enjoy!

Yum! I like steel cut oats with dried cherries, cinnamon, and a dash of brown sugar.

Also (kinda strange) Dannon Light Lemon yogurt mixed with Kashi Go Lean cereal, almonds, and raspberries. High fiber - high protein.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    bump for later reading
  • Tiffani3089
    Tiffani3089 Posts: 44 Member
    I usually eat smart ones breakfast items, great value(or Jimmy dean) turkey sausage bowls, or flavored fat free greek yogart. They are all very yummy and filling. I sometimes splurge and get Subway for breakfast :)
  • i eat oatmeal every single morning, and to keep it interesting, i keep experimenting with tons of different combinations of add-ins like frozen fruits, applesauce, canned pumpkin, protein powder, cinnamon, spices, and flavoring extracts (maple flavor and almond are both great). i always prepare the oatmeal in the microwave with extra water (so the protein has something to stir into after cooking) and i almost never add any sugar or sweeteners. they always clock in right around 300-320 calories for a HUGE steaming and satisfying bowl. i have also made savory oatmeal with scrambled egg white, cajun seasoning, and shredded cheddar cheese, but my favorite "recipes" are usually oatmeal versions of cobblers, pies, or cookies! (think: chocolate protein powder, macadamia nuts, and cranberries.)

some of my favorite combinations so far:
    -canned pumpkin, walnuts, maple extract, tons of cinnamon with some pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla protein powder
    -coconut flavor extract, frozen unsweetened strawberries, and strawberry protein powder
    -applesauce, hershey's special dark baking cocoa (just a tiny amount), cinnamon, walnuts, almond extract, and chocolate protein powder

i made a new one this morning that i wasn't sure about, but it turned out awesome. i added frozen raspberries, tons of cinammon, vanilla protein powder, a touch of splenda brown sugar and anise flavoring. the possibilities are truly endless! my oatmeal is usually my favorite meal of the day.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    1/2 cup of grapes
    1/4 cup eggbeaters
    Splash of tobasco
    1 piece of toast
    1/2 glass of OJ

All for 180 cals!

I also love frozen waffles
  • Avaell
    Avaell Posts: 1
    Make 2/3 cup(measured dry) old fashion rolled oats, cook in microwave with water or boil water and let it sit with lid. Once cooked add 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce and 1 TBSP sugar free maple flavoured syrup(Like the ED smith one) and mix. Approx 248 cal, but it energizes you and fills you up. You can add a side of fruit or cup of coffee/tea to that.
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    i eat oatmeal every single morning, and to keep it interesting, i keep experimenting with tons of different combinations of add-ins like frozen fruits, applesauce, canned pumpkin, protein powder, cinnamon, spices, and flavoring extracts (maple flavor and almond are both great). i always prepare the oatmeal in the microwave with extra water (so the protein has something to stir into after cooking) and i almost never add any sugar or sweeteners. they always clock in right around 300-320 calories for a HUGE steaming and satisfying bowl. i have also made savory oatmeal with scrambled egg white, cajun seasoning, and shredded cheddar cheese, but my favorite "recipes" are usually oatmeal versions of cobblers, pies, or cookies! (think: chocolate protein powder, macadamia nuts, and cranberries.)

some of my favorite combinations so far:
    -canned pumpkin, walnuts, maple extract, tons of cinnamon with some pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla protein powder
    -coconut flavor extract, frozen unsweetened strawberries, and strawberry protein powder
    -applesauce, hershey's special dark baking cocoa (just a tiny amount), cinnamon, walnuts, almond extract, and chocolate protein powder

i made a new one this morning that i wasn't sure about, but it turned out awesome. i added frozen raspberries, tons of cinammon, vanilla protein powder, a touch of splenda brown sugar and anise flavoring. the possibilities are truly endless! my oatmeal is usually my favorite meal of the day.

What kind of oatmeal do you use?
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    whole wheat english muffin with Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty

also might sound boring, but oatmeal with cinnamon and splenda is really delicious--I use the old fashioned oats.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    In honor of the summer months, I either have a veggie omelet or a yogurt parfait. The calories in each can vary from 150 to 300 calories depending on what you put in them.

Veggie Omelet: (200 calories when paired with 100 calories of almonds)
    - 1/2 cup egg beaters
    - 2 Tbsp diced onion
    - 1 mushroom diced
    - 1/4 cup tomato diced (I use grape tomatoes)
    - 2 Tbsp celery diced
    - 1/4 cup peppers diced
    - You can also add fat free cheese, turkey bacon or deli meats, but that adds a lot of sodium

Yogurt Parfait: (about 200 calories)
    - 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt topped or layered with...
    - 2 large strawberries, diced
    - 1/4 cup kashi go lean cereal
    - 2 Tbsp almond slices (or about 14 grams)
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    This is so yummy i"ve been eating it every morning for breakfast for about a month - 1/2 cup cooked steel cut oats with 1 tsp each seseame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, and chili sauce, topped with one egg cooked in cooking spray. If I have green onion, I add that to the mix, too. Noms!!

This is 240 cals, and it fills me up until lunch :happy:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    My favorite that is very filling is a serving of oatmeal with a piece of whole grain toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter yummy and keeps me very full and statified until lunch!:smile: