I fell today!

alizesmom
alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
How can this be a success story?
1. I tripped on uneven pavement while walking 5 miles in 82 minutes at 5:30 in the morning.
2. I got back up and finished my walk at pace.
3. A year ago I couldn't walk a mile and as far as 5:30am, I would have been barely conscious.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    LOL Nicely done!! and never stop!!
  • ArkaidytheLady
    ArkaidytheLady Posts: 1 Member
    Very cool :-)
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Great job!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Great job!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Back in the summer I was doing my usual nightly aggressive walk and tripped on uneven pavement. Somehow, my legs were able to keep up with my reduced torso tonnage as I went flying forwards, and I managed to keep from kissing the sidewalk with my chin. I *TOTALLY* get where you're coming from!!
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Love it.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Brilliant!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Sweet!
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    @alizesmom, You are not alone. I get on the road around 3:30 AM and do anywhere from 5 - 8 miles. A little running and a fair amount of speed walking and I have fallen twice (both bloodied my fingers). Once was when a sprinkler went off right next to me and I jumped to get away and tripped. Neither time stopped me from finishing my routine. You are my kind serious walker.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Wow. Glad that you are safe. Keep doing what makes you happy <3
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    So funny. Appreciate your humor.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    Love it!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Rock on!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Fantastic
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Awesome post! Total success story! Way to go fitting in movement at whatever time works! Makes me motivated to do the same (though it will be on my treadmill for fear I'd fall only to be found turtled at 7:30am by people heading to work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!