Okay to wear 2 fitbits at once?

I got an hr for Christmas and started wearing it mid day today, and am still wearing my zip. It's weird though, my hr is counting more steps than my zip, but it doesn't look like it's counting any double steps. Which is more accurate, a zip or hr?

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    The HR isn't specifically mentioned in this article, but I think that it does show that the clip ons are more accurate than the wrist worn Fitbits.

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2108876
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    That's weird, my box says it's more accurate. I don't get how it does caller id either ha-ha
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I don't particularly trust HR monitors for basic walking, especially the wrist worn ones. I'm sticking with my zip
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    You can't synch more than one fitbit to an account at the same time

I'm a zip wearer and actively dislike the wearable HRM fashion because I do not believe that there is any point in tracking HR unless you have a heart condition or are doing intense steady state cardio

I would trust the zip over the charge
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    I have a Charge HR and I wear it on my non-dominant wrist. It counts my steps accurately and has been paramount in my weight loss goals. I love it. You can experiment for a while and see how you feel/which one you trust more.
  • bigsicklittlesick
    bigsicklittlesick Posts: 55 Member
    edited December 2015
    This made me literally laugh out loud! I know there's more to your question than the subject of the tread. :)

Whatever you decide, just don't wear both. That just adds to the confusion! Wear your new one. Stop comparing the two, and see where you are in a couple of weeks.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    The HR has not had time to get to know you yet. Any Fitbit needs a few days before you can really consider it accurate.

I would chose one or the other but not both at the same time. Nice to have the option of wearing one on your wrist or just a clip on.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    I have had a one, a force, and now a charge hr. I used my one and force together for about 7 weeks. They were never the same # of steps, but really not too far apart.
    I use my iPhone & charge hr to track my steps now. They're really close in total steps but never exactly the same. The elliptical I use gets a different step count too. I'm convinced nothing will pick up the exact # of steps, but it is close enough for me.

I love my Fitbit. It is the best motivator I have to get me to move more.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    My understanding is you'll get fit twice as fast, but you'll also run the risk of spontaneously splitting into two living organisms.
    (Couldn't resist...)
  • Kimegatron
    All I wanted to know is if it will sync with double steps lol. I already got it figured out on my own. Thanks!
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    You're gonna die
  • Kimegatron
    I think I already did, then resurrected. Now I don't know what to do, maybe wearing 2 saved my life