Practice Board

Replies

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    My plans for losing weight in 2016: I WILL complete the 21 Day Fix program and the 6 wk 6 pk. Both of these are extreme challenges for me so this should be interesting :) I have a difficult time sticking to a specific eating plan and logging my food...anyone else thinks that's the reason I'm not losing weight...Lol. AND I am not a fan of Jillian Michaels at all but I'm determined to do the 6 wk 6 pk. Looking forward to seeing what kind of results I'm gonna get. As a treat for achieving these goals, I plan to purchase myself a Fitbit Surge or equivalent!!

I am doing the 21 Day Fix too! I did 2/3 of one round in 2015, but then injured my back/left hip. (Not from the workouts - something unrelated) but have been scared to work out ever since. January 4th will be day 1 for me!

I'm starting on the 4th as well. We can keep each other motivated :) This will be the first time I've tried this program so I'm super excited and nervous!!
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    texgal927 wrote: »
    Today I will start taper down my calories 50 calories a day to get to 1366 calories by jan 5th.
    Why not just go to 1366cal straight away? It's not as hard as it might seem; I went from eating over 2000cal to 1200cal overnight, sure i felt hungry the first couple of nights but I just went to sleep and had a nice breakfast the next day. At day 3; it hardly bothered me anymore. Now almost two months later, i'm still eating at 1300cal (since i've lost 20lbs my calorie goal got up) even tho i'm more active than when I ate 2000cal. You just have to get used to it and to eat healthy ;)
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    My plan for 2016 is to stay motivated and keep the scale moving in the right direction. I'm starting the year off doing the Slim in 6 program.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    adelinue wrote: »
    My plan/goal for 2016 is to be able to go to the gym regularly. I've went to the gym before and always felt inadequate because all the other guys there were like super fit and I was overweight (edging on obese) at the time. Since November, i've been doing at home workouts and had moderate success, losing more than 25lbs and getting into the healthy BMI range. My goal is to continue, reach my goal weight then work on getting more muscles at the gym without feeling like a loser and self-concious while there.

You should set a date to go to the gym and just GO! I wanted to go to the swimming pool for a long time to take aquasize classes and swim laps, but I was too self conscious. Finally, I just challenged myself to do it. I signed up and started going and it has become my favorite workout! I could kick myself for not having the courage to do it before. I thought about it for nearly 9 months before I did it. That was 9 months of wasted time that I could have been getting more fit and enjoying a fun activity. Who cares what other people are doing? You are there to compete with yourself, not compare yourself to anyone else!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited December 2015
    chrisg3421 wrote: »
    My plan is too
    1) log all my food
    2) walk every day
    3) drink more water
    4) eat better

Does anybody have any ideas what else I can do?

For the exercise (walking) I'd suggest you set a more specific goal that just "walk every day". Maybe set a step goal (say 7,500) or a distance goal (say 2 or 3 miles). You could work up to a 5K or 10K (as another poster mentioned), or even decide to walk a certain number of days per week. Just suggestions.

For the water, maybe set a goal of a certain number of ounces per day.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    For the new year my plan is to work on my calendar for any races that I will be doing in the upcoming year, having something on the schedule to train for makes me way more compliant with my exercise. I also plan to log every meal and weigh/measure my portionswhile trying to do better with my macros (still need to cut out some carbs). I have 5 Co workers that are pregnant and am having to remind them and myself that just because they are pregnant does not mean that I needed to match weekday they gain;)
  • lexiss91
    lexiss91 Posts: 185 Member
    My plans for losing weight in 2016: Work Smater, No harder :) I'm definitley putting more emphasis on my meal planning. I've order a bunch of meal prep containters off Amazon (They have A LOT of options to choose from) as well as built up a bunch of recipes to try thanks to pinterest :) I guess you can say my strategy for this year is going to start in the kictchen. I also plan to monitor my water intake more and drink less Mountain Dew
  • lexiss91
    lexiss91 Posts: 185 Member
    My plan/goal for 2016 is to be able to go to the gym regularly. I've went to the gym before and always felt inadequate because all the other guys there were like super fit and I was overweight (edging on obese) at the time. Since November, i've been doing at home workouts and had moderate success, losing more than 25lbs and getting into the healthy BMI range. My goal is to continue, reach my goal weight then work on getting more muscles at the gym without feeling like a loser and self-concious while there.

Major kudos for that 25lb weight loss! Thats amazing! As for the gym I used to feel the same way but I realized that I'm going to gym to change my life and better myself not to please anyone else. :)
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    I did well in 2014 to break through a plateau and got down to 199 lbs in Dec 2014.
    2015 I regressed quite a bit and added on about 30 lbs so my goal for 2016 is to get *below* 199 :)
  • texgal927
    texgal927 Posts: 67 Member
    Today I will start taper down my calories 50 calories a day to get to 1366 calories by jan 5th.
    Why not just go to 1366cal straight away? It's not as hard as it might seem; I went from eating over 2000cal to 1200cal overnight, sure i felt hungry the first couple of nights but I just went to sleep and had a nice breakfast the next day. At day 3; it hardly bothered me anymore. Now almost two months later, i'm still eating at 1300cal (since i've lost 20lbs my calorie goal got up) even tho i'm more active than when I ate 2000cal. You just have to get used to it and to eat healthy ;)

I found in the past if I just did it I cheated so trying this time to taper off during this week

• texgal927
    chrisg3421 wrote: »
    My plan is too
    1) log all my food
    2) walk every day
    3) drink more water
    4) eat better

Does anybody have any ideas what else I can do?

I need to walk every day too
  • texgal927
    Also reading Extreme Transformation by Chris and Heidi Powell. I got in ebook form but was given a hardback copy
    lexiss91 wrote: »

Major kudos for that 25lb weight loss! Thats amazing! As for the gym I used to feel the same way but I realized that I'm going to gym to change my life and better myself not to please anyone else. :)
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    My plans for losing weight in 2016:
    • Continue healthy eating and logging daily. (I'm within a couple weeks of my one year mark with MFP so excited to hit that mark!)
    • Do some form of exercise 5 days per week. Currently I do aquasize, walk (both outside and treadmill), yoga, Qigong, aerobic dance and Wii fit programs. I like to mix it up and do different things.
    • Do more exercise videos (I have dozens) and try some new classes offered at the local YMCA.
    • Drink more water!!

congrats on almost a year
  • texgal927
    my biggest challenge it to get my SODIUM under control
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    I'm a runner but due to injury (again!) I am sidelined. I will get orthotic insoles the first week of Jan, hopefully that will help and I can start running again in a couple of weeks. But first things first: core training! My core is very very very weak and my number 1 priority is core training. I will use Fitnessblender so I can work out at home. Also I want to go walking but I haven't set a specific goal yet. And no more binge eating ;)
  • SweeteeBri

^^^This!!!
  • SweeteeBri
    I'm definitley putting more emphasis on my meal planning. ...I guess you can say my strategy for this year is going to start in the kictchen.

Same here. I'm starting the 21 Day Fix on the 4th. This will be my first time trying the containers. I'm pumped!! :)

• SweeteeBri
    JasmijnRF wrote: »
    I'm a runner but due to injury (again!) I am sidelined. I will get orthotic insoles the first week of Jan, hopefully that will help and I can start running again in a couple of weeks. But first things first: core training! My core is very very very weak and my number 1 priority is core training. I will use Fitnessblender so I can work out at home. Also I want to go walking but I haven't set a specific goal yet. And no more binge eating ;)

I hated running until I tried the Couch to 5K. That's one of my favorite workouts now...Lol. I love running now!! I just can't do it in the winter. Wayyyy too cold for me. :) Do you run on the treadmill?
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member

I used to feel self-conscious at the gym. Now that I go fairly regularly, I have realized that most people aren't looking at other gym goers in a negative way. When I see someone new, that isn't in the best shape, I think, "wow, way to go, they're on the path to getting healthy. Good for them". I think the negative thoughts are in our own brains, not other peoples.

You should be proud of yourself for the steps you are taking. I hope you go to that gym and own it!
  • healthierhappierpaige95
    healthierhappierpaige95 Posts: 56 Member
    edited December 2015
    My plan is to keep working on eating as clean as possible, and track everything else. As far as exercise goes, I want to keep working on toning up more and getting stronger. To help me stay motivated and not bored I am hoping to try more fitness classes at the gym, and making a goal of trying at least one new class a month. I am also planning on running my third half marathon in May, so a lot of my fitness will be directed towards running (at least for the first half of the year).
  • JasmijnRF wrote: »

I am a runner too, so I know how awful it is to be sidelined! I'm so sorry to hear about your injury, I hope you can get back into it soon. It seems like you have a great attitude about it, so that should help! I also totally know what you mean about binge eating (a big problem of mine too). You've got this! :)
This discussion has been closed.