Starting over again!

I used this app about 2 years ago and lost 35lbs! Then life happened and I lost all motivation and drive and gained it all back, but world I'm in a really good place and I'm ready to finish what I started even if I have to start over!!

Replies

• saynogmo
    saynogmo Posts: 7 Member
    hello I'm doing the same thing :)
  • Braceym1
    Braceym1 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm starting over again as well. I haven't been using the app constistently for about 6 months. I have been doing yoga and not as much cardio and gym. Unfortunately there's no way to add yoga in the exercise section.
  • 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Hi! I am in your shoes! Starting over again and again.. This time I am doing it!
  • donnarita19
    donnarita19 Posts: 2 Member
    good for you !!! I myself slacked off....starting up again!! if we don't catch it now.....we will feel so bad about ourselves and use that as,an excuse to eat!! it is a viscous cycle! ! good luck to you! everyday is an accomplishment! ! :wink:
  • judyfca
    judyfca Posts: 5 Member
    Together we can do this
  • yosefyadin
    yosefyadin Posts: 117 Member
    starting over again as well ... its been three years and gained 35 lbs
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Braceym1 wrote: »
    I'm starting over again as well. I haven't been using the app constistently for about 6 months. I have been doing yoga and not as much cardio and gym. Unfortunately there's no way to add yoga in the exercise section.

Yoga is in the cardiovascular section of the exercise tab, just search "yoga".
  • kristendanee
    kristendanee Posts: 3 Member
    I did yoga a lot when I lost all that weight before, it is really relaxing but I love doing it with a teacher and the classes around my area are pretty expensive.
  • crissywissy
    crissywissy Posts: 2 Member
    Im starting again tuesday. Have a wedding in july, im mother of the groom! Good luck everyone!! Xx
  • 56neenee
    56neenee Posts: 1 Member
    My eating has been out of control since Halloween and I'm up 12 pounds, now I have 32 to lose instead of 20. I'm back to tracking and regaining control in the morning.
  • foursammi
    foursammi Posts: 2 Member
    Im starting again (i've been doing this for 40 years). But im here again and joining Weight Watchers tmrw am
  • enzaloccisano
    enzaloccisano Posts: 34 Member
    Starting again too! We got this!!!
  • Anens630
    Anens630 Posts: 54 Member
    Right with y'all!! Started last January, lost 23 lbs, muscles were strong. Then Lyme's disease kicked my butt and stress of mother with end stage cancer. Pounds came back and frustration and feelings of failure. No more. We can do this!!!
  • shelygankeeley
    shelygankeeley Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in the same boat as all of you. I was able to lose 30 lbs from January-May and my father passed away suddenly in the end of May and I ate my emotions away. The holidays are not easy for the same reason. This is the first without him and again I ate more than I should have. So starting January 1st I am back in the wagon to make 2016 my healthiest year yet. We got this! We just need to put our minds into it and be strong. I know it's easier said than done but I know we can do this. Good luck to all of you and have a wonderful new year! Here's to a bright and healthy 2016!
  • a_new_life_2016
    a_new_life_2016 Posts: 17 Member
    Shelygankeeley I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my mum in July last year and it's had the most profound effect on my life. Like you I've used food as an emotional comfort but I was huge before and now I'm just a mess, both mentally and physically. I have the biggest of mountains to beat but I feel I can't get much lower so it's time to claw my way back up... Good luck to everyone in the new year and all your journeys on mfp. X
  • mntbiker71
    mntbiker71 Posts: 1 Member
    Also starting over.... Again.....
  • Braceym1 wrote: »

Yoga is in the cardiovascular section of the exercise tab, just search "yoga".

Excellent!! I was wondering how to add yoga. Who'd have thought it would be found in the cardiovascular tab!!! That's why I never found it :)
  • dbcrunner
    dbcrunner Posts: 8 Member
    Same, here.... starting over AGAIN. Did pretty good last time, but lost my fitness due to life just getting in the way. Hoping to be more active and motivated this time by adding friends and using the community area of MFP. Good luck everyone!
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    I started again 2 months ago, but this time super determined to stay on the right way! Good luck :)
  • mhabing
    mhabing Posts: 21 Member
    I am starting over too... I moved from place to place to place between July 2014 to October 2015. My dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer in October 2015 and lost his battle on November 25, 2015. So this last year and a half has been nothing but chaos. I am ready to settle down and put my mind to it. I have decided that for my own health I am going to quit drinking alcohol, quit smoking cigarettes, and cut down on my caffeine intake. I smoked my last cigarette on 12/27/2015. I was prescribed Prozac in October 2015 and I am determined to change my life so I won't be dependent on them. Good luck everyone!! :smiley: