From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    just wow you look incredible!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Just amazing!!! You look so sculpted and gorgeous! Congrats on all of your hard work!
  • Juanivinaz
    Juanivinaz Posts: 7 Member
    Hello MFPers!

I am 33 years old and 5'3". I started this difficult journey in Jan of 2014 at 205lbs and I had JUST hit a size 20!!! In Dec 2014, I got down to a size 8 and around 135lbs! I feel great and am loving who I am becoming now! I'm learning a TON and meeting a lot of great people in the process.

I came across MFP in June of last year. I have kept a moderate calorie deficit pretty consistently (500 or so each day), with my carbs and protein around 100g each while lifting weights regularly (in my home with my own collected equipment), 5-6 times/week. I didn't do much cardio, as I don't enjoy it. I do run on occasion though. I feel empowered now and I absolutely LOVE strength training! Planning to take new progress pics at the end o

f June so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Here is my story so far on realbodiesrealresults.com. Feel free to check it out! :blush:
    realbodiesrealresults.com/gen.html

Best wishes to you all, anything is possible if you don't give up! :heart:

fdfm4zk13syy.jpg

ofn9eb5b3li7.jpg

3thg10dkzn4h.jpg

mcs7xhgcpcti.jpg

jrkoda9hxmgh.png
    dum6683wmsay.jpg

I can't wait until I lose my weight like you I have 120 lbs to lose..... So far dropped 9lbs... The hard part it's my husband likes to go eat out alot,
  • missravae
    missravae Posts: 21 Member
    You are gorgeous! I love the way you have transformed! You look great!
  • heisk
    heisk Posts: 19 Member
    Way to be.. You look and must feel amazing
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Thanks very much all! :smile: I hope to see you reach your fitness goals this year!! The new year is a great time to get that extra motivation you may be needing. Remember, you are the only on who can do the work to change. There are and will always be countless distractions just waiting to sway you and steal your focus! It's up to you to remain strong, you CAN do it, just like I did but each day and each week matters!

I am almost to my third trimester of this pregnancy now, at almost 27 weeks and will have a good amount of weight to lose. We are doing great and I am looking forward to getting back on track (hopefully right along side you guys!) after the baby is born in March. My new goal is to regain my pre baby bod by the end of 2016. Reasonable amount of time for me but will still require some discipline at the same time! :wink:

Take care everyone and happy new year! :heart:
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Lovin tha little black dress!! You look fabulous! Congrats
  • lovatt79
    lovatt79 Posts: 31 Member
  • TishGBW
    TishGBW Posts: 7 Member
    Amazing! Well done :smile:
  • GemFromJannah
    GemFromJannah Posts: 58 Member
    You look stunning & exactly what I hope to achieve! Slim but strong, skinny-fit! This was nice motivation for me, thank you!
  • MEADOWS_FIT
    MEADOWS_FIT Posts: 32 Member
    Wow. Awesome Work!!
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Proof that it can be done!
  • GenElizabeth
    Appreciate the comments all! You help keep me positive. :smile:

Here is my latest video... Just a little personal history and some encouragement to the moms out there to never give up, no matter what life throws your way! We all struggle with different things in life but the most important thing is that we keep going.

With love. :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlVyRJkaJA0
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    You are an inspiration! Seeing pictures of your transformation brought tears to my eyes. I have done very little strength training but now I'm going to make it a priority this year after seeing this. Thank you so much for sharing these.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member

Here is my latest video... Just a little personal history and some encouragement to the moms out there to never give up, no matter what life throws your way! We all struggle with different things in life but the most important thing is that we keep going.

You have me crying at work! I can't believe everything you have gone through. You are absolutely amazing. No words...
  • BaconBae
    BaconBae Posts: 4,568 Member

@GenElizabeth You're a strong, beautiful person. My dearest condolences for your loss, but also a congratulation to the new addition to your beautiful family and to your wonderful, inspirational life and fitness journey. Thank you for sharing your life. Your video brought tears and joy which made me squeeze my little one a little tighter just now.

I've lost some weight and now I'm trying to get started on strength training. Your equipment pics and your tips to others is definitely helping me get a head start.

Thank you again and well wishes for a happy and healthy life ahead for you, baby, and the rest of your family. Happy New Year!
  • SnowballsMom805
    SnowballsMom805 Posts: 71 Member
    Thank you so much for this inspiration @GenElizabeth ! I'm so amazed and impressed with all your hard work. Slow and steady gets results!
  • steffirae76
    steffirae76 Posts: 54 Member
    Thats absolutely AMAZING!!! You look Fabulous!!!! Ive lost 71lbs so far in my journey, so I know how proud you feel about your progress!! I also do more weight training than Cardio...not a fan of Cardio AT ALL!!! Heres my pics so far......yqr4l35hjupq.jpg
  • biswassujata16
    biswassujata16 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello MFPers!

I am 33 years old and 5'3". I started this difficult journey in Jan of 2014 at 205lbs and I had JUST hit a size 20!!! In Dec 2014, I got down to a size 8 and around 135lbs! I feel great and am loving who I am becoming now! I'm learning a TON and meeting a lot of great people in the process.

I came across MFP in June of last year. I have kept a moderate calorie deficit pretty consistently (500 or so each day), with my carbs and protein around 100g each while lifting weights regularly (in my home with my own collected equipment), 5-6 times/week. I didn't do much cardio, as I don't enjoy it. I do run on occasion though. I feel empowered now and I absolutely LOVE strength training! Planning to take new progress pics at the end of June so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Best wishes to you all, anything is possible if you don't give up! :heart:

fdfm4zk13syy.jpg

ofn9eb5b3li7.jpg

3thg10dkzn4h.jpg

mcs7xhgcpcti.jpg

jrkoda9hxmgh.png
    dum6683wmsay.jpg

Amazing change congratulations
  • GenElizabeth
    Thanks everyone!! Happy New Year! I wish you all the best. It CAN be done! Be strong, be patient and tell yourself you can do it daily. :heart:

I fully believe in strength training from the start. Lifting weights and progressively challenging yourself in that area is how you reshape your body. Cardio is good to burn a few extra calories and work your heart and lungs but will not do anything for your shape! I encourage you to start a good program and see what it can do for you!

@steffirae76: You look awesome! Keep up the great work. :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!