Big busted women

Are there any fellow "well endowed" women out there who have advice on how to do cardio without giving yourself a black eye? Jumping jacks are ridiculous. Walking is good but not very high intensity. Running is painful. And I absolutely cannot find a bra that helps. I am a HH. If anyone has any tips or ideas I am all ears. I want to loose weight but I would like to not be in pain while doing it. Sorry if this is an awkward topic.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    It comes up a fair amount. Many different bras to try... Moving Comfort has been pretty good. I recently saw a suggestion for Enell. I haven't tried that one, but it looks promising. I am looking forward to some downsizing as the weight continues down. So far not much change over 40 lbs. Although with the price of a good sports bra, I wouldn't want to have to replace with too much frequency. I'm sure others will have additional suggestions.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    I have an enell and its so tight I can barely breathe but nothing moves. The bra is amazing.
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    I definitely wont do jumping jack/burpees, since it still "bounce" even with sports bra on. I've only been doing some running with Reebok's high-impact sports bra, a very tight one. So far, running has been ok.
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/best-sports-bras-for-ddd-e-f-cup.do

google is your friend. I helped a bit. one of those will probably help
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Hiyah.When I started out I had to hold on whilst jumping was a 38 hh. Panache sports bra solved the problem completely.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2015

HerRoom Sports Bra Bounce Test videos.

http://www.herroom.com/sports-bra-videos,301,30.html

I wear Panache Full-Busted Underwire Sports Bra 5021 in size 32GG in the Pink/Geo pattern. It's my fave.

http://www.herroom.com/panache-5021-full-busted-underwire-sports-bra.shtml
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2015
    mokaiba wrote: »
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/best-sports-bras-for-ddd-e-f-cup.do

google is your friend. I helped a bit. one of those will probably help

Those only go up to a F cup @mokaiba. How was that supposed to help her if she's a HH?

Also different countries and different brands use measurements differently. So be sure to pick a bra that fits well and take advantage of HerRoom's 'Universal Cup Size' system @sarahp924. That and the personal reviews from other women who are my same size, hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Chart for reference:

ltomxk5sechu.jpg
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Find a bra that fits. You will probably have to try lots of them, and maybe even wear two at the time. Once you find the right one it will be worth it.
    Some exercises tho could still be out of your reach, no matter how good the bra is.
    Also a good option for cardio is elliptical trainer.
    Good luck!
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member

I wear Panache Full-Busted Underwire Sports Bra 5021 in size 32GG in the Pink/Geo pattern. It's my fave.

http://www.herroom.com/panache-5021-full-busted-underwire-sports-bra.shtml

+1 for the Panache. It is the only sports bra I would buy now. Love it!
  • kerryokerry
    kerryokerry Posts: 5 Member
    I did the elliptical machine, using the heart rate setting. Whenever I fell below the recommended heart rate, the resistance would increase, so it gave a good cardio workout. I also like the Arc machine, but the heart rate setting is not very good.
  • KUAngie
    KUAngie Posts: 19 Member
    I recently got a panache, which I really like. Mine is a little lower cut than I would have liked, but I probably should have gone up a cup size. It is really supportive and keeps them from bouncing when I run.

I had an Enell, which was great- nothing moved whatsoever, and it fastened in front. The problem was the material didn't breathe, and I sweat a lot , and I would wear it on long runs. I ended up chafing and getting my breasts where it rubbed on the seams. Not cool.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    sarahp924 wrote: »
    Are there any fellow "well endowed" women out there who have advice on how to do cardio without giving yourself a black eye? Jumping jacks are ridiculous. Walking is good but not very high intensity. Running is painful. And I absolutely cannot find a bra that helps. I am a HH. If anyone has any tips or ideas I am all ears. I want to loose weight but I would like to not be in pain while doing it. Sorry if this is an awkward topic.

I've always been a double bagger when it comes to any sort of running or plyometrics. At my heaviest, I was a US size H-I. Now I'm a DDD. What works for me is a supportive, tight fitting underwire bra covered by a two sizes too small sports bra. I use Bali styles for my underwire and any cheap brand over. I have purchased expensive, "garunteed to work" brands before and was never satisfied with the amount of movement they allowed. The only single bra I ever purchased that stopped the flop is one I use for horseback riding but it would not be practical for anything else.

Try some of the expensive ones. Maybe they'll work for you but maybe giving the right mix of double bagging will work if those fail.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    not knowing what size you are, it's hard to say but it's all about the bra. Find one that works for you. there are great recommendations above. you can also do the double bra thing (also good for the clubs)
    i am a fan of champion. I've had no chafing issues.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    I wear 2 at the same time. I like the Reebok high impact.
  • mshellerkitty
    mshellerkitty Posts: 2 Member
    Wear a bra and a sport bra over it and a 'o' neck tshirt , no cleavage = no spillage or jiggle.
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Wear a bra and a sport bra over it and a 'o' neck tshirt , no cleavage = no spillage or jiggle.

Yea I'm doing this too.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member

Never tried this before sounds uncomfortable
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I started out a 38H and the only workout bra I found that is comfortable and fits well is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Elomi-Energise-Underwired-Sports-8040/dp/B003MFZENS

I buy them at a local specialty bra store, not through Amazon. It's nice for me because you can get them in small chest size but big cup size, which is me exactly. I'm currently only 35" around on my chest but now more a F or G cup since I've lost some weight. Anyway, I can do anything in that bra. Good luck!
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Many of the smaller running stores not only carry sports bras that will lock everything down, but will let you make an appointment with a trained fitter. So very worth it.
  • Amalthea8284
    Amalthea8284 Posts: 49 Member
    I do the same as some posters above and I am a size h. Double bras! I can't afford a fancy sports bra in my size, so I wear more that one. There is still some movement, but it is not painful and makes the jumping more doable.