Join me in a 3-day sprint to New Year's Eve!

Replies

• Resolved2016
    Resolved2016 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm in: this is the jump start I need!
  • mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    64crayons wrote: »
    So far I've passed my daily goal of 5500 steps (including a 30 minute walk) and did my very first ever workout with dumbbells (3 lbs).

Nice start! Highly recommend everyone do work some sort of weight/strength training into their weekly routines.

Thanks! I've read on here that some people wish they'd started weight training when they first started losing weight, so I decided to give it a whirl. Is it something I should do every day? I'm also doing C25K, and just walking on the days in between.

It sort of depends on the nature of your weight training exercises and hard to recommend without knowing the sort of weekly routine you're in. But generally you don't have to do it every day. An easy way to start would be alternating cardio and strength training days. And focusing on different muscle groups on strength days during the week (i.e. Tuesday upper body, Thursday lower body). There are also great ways to work it in throughout the week instead but that requires more precise planning.
  • mtjohnston42
    I'm in. Surprised myself how well I did over Christmas thanks to the forums so wanna do it again for NY. On my bike for an hour right now.

Yes!
  • drmommy09
    drmommy09 Posts: 8 Member
    I played just dance with my daughter today (great exercise)--I'd say it was at least 30 minutes.

Slow start--but it's something!
  • jenr51
    jenr51 Posts: 6 Member
    Good idea. Im in! Exercise today was 15 minutes of Total Body Workout AND snow shoveling!
  • mtjohnston42
    By the way if anyone wants to be MFP friends on here hit me up! A great way to motivate each other to get through it via the news feed.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    I was not so successful today although I did better than the days before but I am going to keep trying till i am back on track. I'm in too
  • events904
    events904 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm late but I'm in. Didn't do the best today but each day is a new day...right? :)
  • NiniPerez26
    NiniPerez26 Posts: 8 Member
    I am in! B)
  • mtjohnston42
    Welcome!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    So far I've passed my daily goal of 5500 steps (including a 30 minute walk) and did my very first ever workout with dumbbells (3 lbs).

Nice start! Highly recommend everyone do work some sort of weight/strength training into their weekly routines.

Thanks! I've read on here that some people wish they'd started weight training when they first started losing weight, so I decided to give it a whirl. Is it something I should do every day? I'm also doing C25K, and just walking on the days in between.

It sort of depends on the nature of your weight training exercises and hard to recommend without knowing the sort of weekly routine you're in. But generally you don't have to do it every day. An easy way to start would be alternating cardio and strength training days. And focusing on different muscle groups on strength days during the week (i.e. Tuesday upper body, Thursday lower body). There are also great ways to work it in throughout the week instead but that requires more precise planning.

Alternating days makes a lot of sense, thanks.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    I'm in too. Stayed in my calories yesterday and ran on treadmill for 45 min. Planning to stay with it to goal this time, so I owned up to my 9 lb gain this am. 21 pounds to goal.
  • walk2health4me
    walk2health4me Posts: 30 Member
    Im in waiting for my exercise desk bicycle and new racquet ball set to come using Tai Chi DVD and lifting weights and exercise bands..tossed out all my carbs to the birds to eat and bought raw veggies for stir fry ...starting this early to get motivated...t0tds8fxr3l3.jpg
    6gi4jxbcdibc.jpg
  • mtjohnston42
    h1iyxp5p5p5z.jpg

DAY 2 is here! Time to commit to your goal and crush it!!
  • jenr51
    jenr51 Posts: 6 Member
    I stayed within my calories yesterday not counting the exercise from shoveling snow! The scale didn't show it this am but I'm ok with that! Thanks for the nudge.
  • SmurfBunny1027
    SmurfBunny1027 Posts: 150 Member
    Ended up with 54 minutes of walking yesterday and stayed within goal. The post in my feed didn't say I was under goal, but that's because for some reason it didn't give me my exercise calories! But the app says I ended up with 55 calories left!

Successful day 1, now on to day 2!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Yesterday I ran ten minutes and walked 20, then went to work. I was within my Cal goal for the day till, oh wait 1 am today. I just realized it can count towards today! My son had a early bday party with friends. I resisted all alcohol and junk food till a taco bell run was made. I will make up for it today.not able to workout this morning as I have a baby coming early to watch, but I hope to walk tonight after she leaves.

Good luck on day 2 everyone!
  • Resolved2016
    Resolved2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Stayed on goal yesterday, even though I had a chunk of that gingerbread house in my hot little hands....took a bite--it wasn't that good--and tossed it. Got 10,000 steps. On to day 2
  • craiggq2
    craiggq2 Posts: 12 Member
    Couldn't agree with this more. I am in too. Getting my workout in at lunch and staying away from remaining Christmas foods!
  • craiggq2
    craiggq2 Posts: 12 Member
    Just completed Insanity Workout. Feel so much better now.