Big busted women

2»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    sarahp924 wrote: »
    Are there any fellow "well endowed" women out there who have advice on how to do cardio without giving yourself a black eye? Jumping jacks are ridiculous. Walking is good but not very high intensity. Running is painful. And I absolutely cannot find a bra that helps. I am a HH. If anyone has any tips or ideas I am all ears. I want to loose weight but I would like to not be in pain while doing it. Sorry if this is an awkward topic.

Swim. ("J" cup here)
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    I did the elliptical machine, using the heart rate setting. Whenever I fell below the recommended heart rate, the resistance would increase, so it gave a good cardio workout. I also like the Arc machine, but the heart rate setting is not very good.

Yeah, I lean towards elliptical-type machines, or bikes, where there's minimal impact.

I also invested in two Freya sports bras, and could not be happier with the support they provide for my G cups.
  • SingingElvis
    SingingElvis Posts: 8 Member
    Not sure whether they are available where you are, but ShockAbsorber are the best I've found, and they go up to HH. I have the high impact style for running and nothing moves at all...
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Love my Wacoal sports bra It's the first time I've been able to work out without having to double up.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    I have the Shock Absorber Women's Multi Sport Max Support Sports Bra: http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Absorber-Womens-Support-Sports/dp/B00T7ZRK52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451352033&sr=8-1&keywords=Shock+Absorber+Women's+Multi+Sport+Max+Support+Sports+Bra . It only goes up to HH & I'm a little bigger than that, but I can get it on with some armhole & cleavage spillage. There is some bounce, but nowhere near what it was when I was wearing a regular underwire & 2 compression type sports bras over top. It's also not painful to jump around & I can breathe. If I hadn't already bought it, I would have gotten an Enell. I've heard really good things about them & they will custom make you one if you don't fit into their regular sizes.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    J cup here and the front closure Enell or Glamorise Full figure bra has worked for me. They are expensive so I buy only one or two as I lose. I have been losing band inches followed by cup inches so I can alter to tighten up band to increase use. I hate under wires.
  • vicabra
    vicabra Posts: 56 Member
    DD and LOVE my Moving Comfort...intrigued by Panache....
  • amazetome
    amazetome Posts: 637 Member
    edited December 2015
    I was a G and the Glamorise and Panache sports bras were my go-tos. I hope you lose those HH's fast! After losing 50 pounds and not an ounce from my chest, I finally gave in and got a big reduction in November. I'm over the moon about being small breasted now, but I sure would've preferred to lose them with the pounds!

ETA: I second the elliptical. You can get in a really good burn without a lot of bounce.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    I have two different glamorise bras and i don't use them for high impact only cycling. There is still some movement which gets uncomfortable.
  • kaileybee
    kaileybee Posts: 9 Member
    Not sure how big the cup sizes go, but I've had surprisingly good luck with the Livi line of sports bras from Lane Bryant. The nice thing is they generally carry extended cup sizes in store and you can test it out before dropping a ton of cash.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    @vlabreu Panache is great! Encapsulation AND compression. I probably will never use anything else.

All of my regular bras are Panache as well right now. They fit well, are comfortable, and look great!

I can't recommend Herroom.com enough to women who have #bustygirlproblems like me. I discovered it because I found http://www.bigbustsupport.com/

I still remember being told to go to Layne Bryant and the complete disbelief when I told that know it all that they didn't have my size.
    Crying at Dillard's with my mom when the fitting woman said they didn't have my size.