2016 fitness program?

Replies

• mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 101 Member
    I am planning on being more weight focused in 2016. Im not giving up cardio just not focusing on it as much as i did in the past

I've been focusing more on strength training programs but rotate out with shorter cardio workout programs. Currently, I'm in love with ChaLEAN Extreme strength training! Completed round one in November, then switched to 21 Day Fix for more cardio. I just restarted ChaLEEAN again today and loving it again! Since muscle burns fat, my focus is on toning up and building muscle mass while losing the extra pounds gained over the Holidays. What programs do you use? Do you have a nutrition plan yet?

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Continuing on lifting, and body prep to play tennis again in the spring. So cardio, working into sprint work, shoulder, arm and hip flexibility, etc.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I'm going to start Body Pump tonight, planning on 2-3 days/week of strength and another 3 of cardio. I can't wait to get started! I'm looking forward to some big changes in my body this year.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    I'm going to continue taking Krav Maga, hope to earn a belt in 2016. Currently I'm rebasing strength in major lifts, will do some track work in the spring & fall, spend some time in the Oly lifts, strength/endurance work. I am signed up for tough mudder.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Working up to 10km running.
    Continue doing lots of walking.
    Body Balance on Fridays.
    Weights here and there.
    Swimming hopefully one day a week or more.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Continuing 5/3/1; I keep trying other programs and always go back to this. I'm also doing my third Spartan in February.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Going to start Get Glutes hopefully in the spring
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Half marathon training for me too!
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    mlboyer100 wrote: »
    I am planning on being more weight focused in 2016. Im not giving up cardio just not focusing on it as much as i did in the past

I've been focusing more on strength training programs but rotate out with shorter cardio workout programs. Currently, I'm in love with ChaLEAN Extreme strength training! Completed round one in November, then switched to 21 Day Fix for more cardio. I just restarted ChaLEEAN again today and loving it again! Since muscle burns fat, my focus is on toning up and building muscle mass while losing the extra pounds gained over the Holidays. What programs do you use? Do you have a nutrition plan yet?

If you liked 21 Day Fix but want more weight based you should try 21 DF Extreme. i am on week 2 of the new Hammer and Chisel program and absolutely love it. The nutrition plan is similar to that used on 21 DF. I struggle with keeping my nutrition on point so I am really going to focus on that this year.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    I will continue doing 5 miles walking/running 6 days a week until I am at goal weight and may cut in half then. I have started Stronglifts 5X5. I am testing to see if this really is enough for strength.
  • 5/3/1 (continuing with it for the near future.)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    PHUL, tweaked for some extra glute work/less calves, running compound lifts 5/3/1 style. Bulking until March (?), cutting until July.
  • sunshinesmb
    sunshinesmb Posts: 8 Member
    Half marathon training and Tough Mudder
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    5/3/1 (continuing with it for the near future.)

+1

I ran it most of last year and am going to keep using it (and tweaking the template/assistance) for the foreseeable future.

• katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    t25 for the second time and train for a 10k.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited December 2015
    jimmmer wrote: »
    5/3/1 (continuing with it for the near future.)

+1

I ran it most of last year and am going to keep using it (and tweaking the template/assistance) for the foreseeable future.

Ditto on the tweaking the accessory work. I can't wait to launch into my next training block after this next meet. More volume/frequency... and larger food ramps.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    I'm following a lifting program by Nia Shanks. I'll continue with that and then start another one, not sure which one, she has some great programs to choose from.. It will probably be either one based around lifting or bodyweight. We'll see if I can get to a gym this spring or not.
  • Elsiebeane
    Elsiebeane Posts: 96 Member
    I started Dailyburn yesterday. I am doing the true beginner set to start.
  • datafan
    datafan Posts: 10 Member
    More Athlean-x for me, I've been doing Jeff's workouts for over a year now, good results and injury free. I finished AX1, AX2 and two rounds of Ultimate Arms. I'm currently in the second month of NXT and will continue doing all 18 months of it, that put's me well into 2017.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Stronglifts 5x5 (just started), C25K (also just started) and I want to do T25 sometime, too.