Join me in a 3-day sprint to New Year's Eve!

Replies

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Thanks for the mini challenge @mtjohnston42 ! Feels good to be heading into the New Year in a good place- Days 1 and 2 under calorie goal, and workouts both days. Have passed on a lunch out, avoided 6 boxes of candy at the office, and will finish strong today! B)
  • mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    bbinoa wrote: »
    Thanks for the mini challenge @mtjohnston42 ! Feels good to be heading into the New Year in a good place- Days 1 and 2 under calorie goal, and workouts both days. Have passed on a lunch out, avoided 6 boxes of candy at the office, and will finish strong today! B)

That's what I like to hear!
  • craiggq2
    craiggq2 Posts: 12 Member
    Was under calorie goal last 2 days and feeling good about today. Already got in one hour of running on treadmill. Burned a 1,000 calories already today. Hoping I will stay strong and do my daily yoga workout tonight. Good job everyone. Hang in there.
  • mtjohnston42
    craiggq2 wrote: »
    Was under calorie goal last 2 days and feeling good about today. Already got in one hour of running on treadmill. Burned a 1,000 calories already today. Hoping I will stay strong and do my daily yoga workout tonight. Good job everyone. Hang in there.

Nice work!
  • Resolved2016
    Resolved2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Meranda29, do you go to a class or do you have a zumba video/app? I've been looking for something to do at home. Day 2 I had PT and then went to the gym--30 mins on bike. Under calorie goal and a little weight loss. I'm so glad to start this BEFORE Jan 1--somehow it seems more empowering and not so band-wagony.
  • mameo
    mameo Posts: 14 Member
    Day 3 made my exercise goal! Now to stay committed to my meal plan and I will start New Year's Eve better than I thought I would. Thanks for the push and the support ! Looking forward to our next challenge. I have vacation plans at the end of January. Not just a New Years resolution , but healthy weight and eating and exercising right.
  • mtjohnston42
    Meranda29, do you go to a class or do you have a zumba video/app? I've been looking for something to do at home. Day 2 I had PT and then went to the gym--30 mins on bike. Under calorie goal and a little weight loss. I'm so glad to start this BEFORE Jan 1--somehow it seems more empowering and not so band-wagony.

I agree! And as for at home exercise. Plenty of recommendations. An online trainer can help provide a workout plan. There are also some great Beachbody programs I highly recommend.
  • mtjohnston42
    mameo wrote: »
    Day 3 made my exercise goal! Now to stay committed to my meal plan and I will start New Year's Eve better than I thought I would. Thanks for the push and the support ! Looking forward to our next challenge. I have vacation plans at the end of January. Not just a New Years resolution , but healthy weight and eating and exercising right.

Oh not to worry. More challenges on the way! ;)
  • debkie77
    debkie77 Posts: 31 Member
    First two days have been great & working on a great day 3!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Body Beast arms DVD this am. With 4 boxes of See's candy at work I've only had 2 1/3 pieces. I can still fit under my calories if I just hold the line on candy for the rest of the day.
  • Meranda29
    Meranda29 Posts: 27 Member

I go to a class that I really love. I had some videos, but found myself not really giving it my all.....and my dogs barked at me :)
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member

I agree! And as for at home exercise. Plenty of recommendations. An online trainer can help provide a workout plan. There are also some great Beachbody programs I highly recommend.

I also love Fitness Blender for at home workouts!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Day 3. Walked for over 30 minutes. Ran a lot of errands. And right on track with food.
  • jenr51
    jenr51 Posts: 6 Member
    Done eating today and stayed under calories. Thanks for the challenge!
  • mtjohnston42
    Let's go ya'll! Push through to the end! :)
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Day 3: didn't do a workout - a little under the weather today but did eat well. The fact I tracked my nutrition for 3 straight days made this a success for me. Happy New Year!! B)
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Day 3, under calorie goal and a Zumba class. Great way to wrap up the year! Feels good.

Awesome job everyone, way to finish strong!!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    30 Dec - 20 min run, which turned into a walk as I'm struggling with my lungs at the moment, followed by 45 min fitness class. Crazy busy day at work and then dash to last bjj session of the year. It was so hot on the mat but I got in two long rolls with some of the guys, (including our people belt) and one shorter, lighter session with one of the girls. Then 20min swim. I think that hit the exercise goal. Food wise, I ate well until the evening when I just snacked at a friends house. Didn't eat lots but can't log it. Then we ended the night with a McFlurry run. Not the worst day...
  • SmurfBunny1027
    SmurfBunny1027 Posts: 150 Member
    I was so sure I wasn't gonna make it, but went for a 32 minute walk with hubby tonight and stayed under goal, so I DID IT!!! THREE DAYS!!! WOOP!! A walk might not seem like much to some of you, but it is a big friggin deal to me. :)

Go me. :smiley:
  • mtjohnston42
    4kp8dtdl3bfq.jpg

Congratulations everyone! We did it!

How do you feel? I feel like a million bucks :)

You should all be incredibly proud of yourselves. It may have only been three days but as we learned, it was a tough three days to choose! And that's exactly what made it worth it!

This is just the beginning of our journey! I'll be back with a killer new challenge on Monday. And if you're so inclined, just a little nudge that my personal trainer Facebook page is up and ready for action. Come visit! https://www.facebook.com/MattJFitness/

You are all rock stars! Happy New Year!