Failed a Exam today Depressed want to binge eat need support

Hi there
Today was a very important day for me its slightly a long story so I apologise in advance.
I had a examination day today, I had exams for written which was numeracy,Information handling and Langauge. I am sure I passed them but thats not all. The exams were for a job it was a job in the police.
I had a exam which was a fitness assessment, I was under the impression the fitness test which was a bleep test would be a level 5.4 pass mark. I got there and it was my mistake, I should have looked at the website which states the level required is 9.2.
I was panicking and thinking to myself I have been running but the required run is either 1.5 miles in 12 minutes or level 9.2 bleep test 15 metres.

I did good at my written exams, I only managed to get level 7.7 which was not good but considering one month ago I did a mock test at home and got to level 5.
I was running outside I can run 2.4 miles in 28 minutes.

When I was younger in college I used to get bullied, I would go home and go to a bakery and just eat sandwiches. That was my way of dealing with it. I gained so much weight but Im going to stay strong.

I hope the story was not long.

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    So, I want to make sure I got this straight. You passed the written but failed the fitness test? Can you re take it? Take today and let yourself feel bad but wake up tomorrow on a mission to conquer that test!! You got it next time!!
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    I agree, take today to feel lousy about it and then put that disappointment into determination tomorrow, get out there and train your backside off ready to smash it next time!

"Fall down eight times, get up nine times" (Chinese Proverb)
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    So, I want to make sure I got this straight. You passed the written but failed the fitness test? Can you re take it? Take today and let yourself feel bad but wake up tomorrow on a mission to conquer that test!! You got it next time!!

I cant retake the exam until 6 months. I have to redo the written exams and the fitness exam.
    If I had passed the fitness and failed the written I could resit the papers in 2-3 weeks but because I failed the fitness I need to resit the whole thing
  • AsrarHussain
    I agree, take today to feel lousy about it and then put that disappointment into determination tomorrow, get out there and train your backside off ready to smash it next time!

"Fall down eight times, get up nine times" (Chinese Proverb)

I was supposed to go to the gym and go boxing. I just laid in bed thinking of today it really got me upset,I really wanted this, I prepared but the fitness test let me down.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Use this as an opportunity to train further so that you can retake it in 6 months. At least you can retake it. It's not like it's a final nail in the coffin sort of thing.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I feel your pain, because I hate it when I don't do as well as I need to. You have 6 months to improve your fitness. Instead of binging, you could come up with a realistic 6 month training plan that includes intermediate goalposts, and hit the gym. Remember that rest and recovery are an integral part of training, and don't beat yourself up!
  • AsrarHussain
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Use this as an opportunity to train further so that you can retake it in 6 months. At least you can retake it. It's not like it's a final nail in the coffin sort of thing.

Thank you, You are right
  • AsrarHussain
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I feel your pain, because I hate it when I don't do as well as I need to. You have 6 months to improve your fitness. Instead of binging, you could come up with a realistic 6 month training plan that includes intermediate goalposts, and hit the gym. Remember that rest and recovery are an integral part of training, and don't beat yourself up!

I agree I trained hard but I think I failed because I had just begun jogging. 8 weeks ago I could not jog for 4 minutes without stopping now I am able to jog for 28 minutes non stop. I have made improvements, I think 6 months will do me good
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member

I agree I trained hard but I think I failed because I had just begun jogging. 8 weeks ago I could not jog for 4 minutes without stopping now I am able to jog for 28 minutes non stop. I have made improvements, I think 6 months will do me good

You can do amazing things in six months.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    You sound like your applying for the police in the UK because the process sounds simular to what I experienced. ( not in the police force but did apply but a pre existing health problem barred me).

When I was applying it was 5.2 on the bleep test but that was nearly a decade ago. There are recruitment forums around for the police and there is even a bleep test app available so you can practice.

I would speak to the hr department for the force your applying for because level 9 is a lot higher than I would expect but then again I'm just basing that on my information that's old and may be from a different country.

Good luck. Good things come to those who wait!
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    You can do this, six months will get you fighting fit. We're all rooting for you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Realize that not everyone passes. Reality is that those that come back and do BETTER the next time around have a true desire to do this. It's not an easy job either, especially since the media jumps on every "bad" cop story. There are many many many good cops out there. I have several friends who are and they respect the public as well as serve it responsibly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Is this for a UK force? 9.2 sounds very high, which force was this with?
  • AsrarHussain
    ARC1603 wrote: »

Police Scotland
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    ARC1603 wrote: »

Police Scotland

Ok, probably quite high demand for their recruitment then. I'm police staff in Cheshire and our bleep test isn't that high.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member

Keep at it. 6 months will bring further great improvements for you
    Good luck
  • misitaly1025
    misitaly1025 Posts: 34 Member
    You should have went and boxed your frustrations out! Don't let tests and bullies wear you down. Life will go on. Doors will close and others will open. There is a path/journey waiting for you! Keep it up! Look up!

Happy new year! May you pass all your tests and ignore the bullies!
  • AsrarHussain

Keep at it. 6 months will bring further great improvements for you
    Good luck

Thank you
  • AsrarHussain
    You should have went and boxed your frustrations out! Don't let tests and bullies wear you down. Life will go on. Doors will close and others will open. There is a path/journey waiting for you! Keep it up! Look up!

Happy new year! May you pass all your tests and ignore the bullies!

I agree new year new me thank you
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    The beep test - do you mean shuttle run? If yes, there are easy traiing programmes available. Mark your time, train, do it again and nail it. Channel your energy into making a difference and don't wallow in feeling sorry. Hope this helps.