January 2016 - Move Your @ss Challenge

darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,311 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the January 2016 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Friday, January 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any DECEMBER miles here. We will continue updating the DECEMBER spreadsheet using the DECEMBER thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of December. Please add only your January goals/miles to this January thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.... ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Dave

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,311 Member
    In for 60 miles this month!

Dave
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    I'm going to push myself for 200 this month.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    I am going for 90 this month
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,775 Member
    edited December 2015
    200 miles for me please! Walking & running.....

exercise.png
    [/quote]

Just transferring my tracker will up date tomarrow night!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Sticking with 100 miles.
  • ala140
    ala140 Posts: 140 Member
    Returning after a long time off. I'll go for 50 miles this month.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,186 Member
    Put me down for another 100 for the month. I'll shoot for 3000 for the year. However, XC skiing doesn't pack on a lot of winter miles. :)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,240 Member
    I'm in for 350 miles...need to stay on the bike though!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    In for 55 miles! Happy New Year!
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    Here we go...I have decided to do a C25K program for the first time and am new to running. So, this should be interesting and hopefully a great way to introduce my body to moving more and pushing myself. If I stay on track with the program, I should be able to complete 25mi this month minimum. so my goal for January is 25miles.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    If anyone else is attempting or has completed the C25K program, please message me if you would like to be friends and share experiences with me. Thanks!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Please put me down for 100!
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Missed December, but I am back for January! Please put me down for 60 miles for the month.

Thanks!
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,898 Member
    Moving my goal back up to 100 this month. Hoping the new year brings the return of my running mojo. Happy new year! Let's do this.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited January 2016
    Here we go...I have decided to do a C25K program for the first time and am new to running. So, this should be interesting and hopefully a great way to introduce my body to moving more and pushing myself. If I stay on track with the program, I should be able to complete 25mi this month minimum. so my goal for January is 25miles.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    If anyone else is attempting or has completed the C25K program, please message me if you would like to be friends and share experiences with me. Thanks!

Wishing you all the best in your new goal. You might want to look into Jeff Galloway and his run walk program. It also is a good program that would te in nicely with your goals. I still use it in a modified way to get me through big mileage. There are a number of runners on here that are always willing to share helpful tips.
  • clepant
    edited January 2016
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    Moving my goal back up to 100 this month. Hoping the new year brings the return of my running mojo. Happy new year! Let's do this.

@Janet: I hope you find your mojo again. I came off my 10 miler feeling like that and also had lots of running friends feeling the same. I moved my running to a new location and took up some trail running and found it to be helping. Are you still doing your Disney Marathon next weekend?
  • clepant
    Hmmm...I did not expect to get so many miles in for December but I also did not expect to see most of December in the 60's either. I don't think January will be so kind. So I will stick to 150 miles and hoping
    to get time in the gym lifting weights, swimming and also maybe some snowshoeing outside too.

150 miles please. Thanks again to our wonderful data keepers. Your precious time keeping stats is so appreciated.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    edited January 2016
    Going to start in January, HITT cycling training. So not sure how that is going to work mileage, I'm in for 150 miles. Love the bonus miles, they actually motivate me more. And a grateful thanks for all the people that keep this challenge going month after month.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,757 Member

exercise.png

Skidding in the New Year .75 past GOAL!!!!!!!
    Happy New Year everyone!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,757 Member

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,788 Member
    Please put me down for 650 miles

Good luck to everyone
This discussion has been closed.