January Walking Challenge 2016

CricketKate
CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start tracking January 1st.

Replies

• RunningStacie
    RunningStacie Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. I ran daily until 11/18. I was in a car accident and walking and basic stretching is all I've been cleared for.
  • FemmeFireRL
    FemmeFireRL Posts: 227 Member
    I'm in. Wear my fitbit and my Leaf (which has a timer which goes off when I've been immobile for 1.5 hrs or more, because I work a sit-down office job, 12 hr shifts) religiously
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    I am sooooo in!! New Year...new start!!

All the best
    Goaliema !!
  • LoveLacy
    LoveLacy Posts: 41 Member
    Why not! I use to enjoy walking but since my recent gain I find am struggling with pain in my ankle or my groin. Hoping this will help my body adapt to the weight and help reduce the pain and eventually help reduce the weight.
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    I'm in.Today I've walked 3.48 miles. Hoping to do 100 miles in January. X
  • Cosmiccrone
    Cosmiccrone Posts: 2 Member
    I started walking mid-way through last January but have dropped it in the last 3 weeks. I am resolved to kick-start my walking back into action and this should help. How do I sign up for this challenge, other than through this thread?
  • treseyf
    treseyf Posts: 18 Member
    I'm in. ..how do we officially join this challenge to where it shows up in my challenges?
  • corieaz
    corieaz Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!!
  • PATTIPEANUT
    PATTIPEANUT Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in
  • Tracy7155
    Tracy7155 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm in
  • SmurfBunny1027
    SmurfBunny1027 Posts: 150 Member
    This is perfect for me. Anything to motivate me to get out and move every single day. I'm going to shoot for a mile a day, so 31 miles in January. :)
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited January 2016
    There was already one started, but I suppose you can post on any one you like:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10304434/january-2016-walking-challenge/p1
  • bab5girl
    bab5girl Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in too. I was just thinking about adding more walking to my routine. I'm going to go get my Fitbit right now!
  • roadrunner432
    roadrunner432 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm in & can't wait to participate with all of you!
  • I'm in too.

Had foot surgery in October and have been unable to go out until now. Still walking with a surgical boot on my foot, but I have another month off work, so this will encourage me to go out and do some gentle walking every day. Thanks for the challenge.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    My Dear Dreadmill, I know that we have been estranged for a while now. I'd like to get reacquainted. I finished 4 miles walking/jogging today.
  • NoMoreFat1972
    NoMoreFat1972 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in! I'm starting today using my RunKeeper app. Good luck all!
  • pierresgrandma
    pierresgrandma Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in and walking with Leslie Sansone. How do we post? On here?
  • mosul13
    mosul13 Posts: 5 Member
    Count me in please if I'm not too late? Just diagnosed with osteo arthritis of the hips so although I adore running, some days I just can't manage that, get disappointed and end up doing nothing so this challenge would be ideal to get me up and out :smile: how do we join please?
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    I'm game.Where do I log?