January Walking Challenge 2016

Replies

• hilbapp
    hilbapp Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in! I'm new to this group support concept, why not give it a try!
  • Healy_125
    Healy_125 Posts: 8 Member
    I am in, several years ago I set to walk 30 minutes every day and I was able to do this for 8 months and felt great, this year is a new day and I am ready to go :wink:
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    I'm in! Looking forward to it
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Yes where do we log???
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2016
    I recently figured out my phone was automatically tracking my steps for me.

If I remember to put it on when I go out for a walk, that would help!

Speaking of, I suspect the dog would appreciate some outdoor time.

Also, I could use some new friends, so feel free to send me a request. :)
  • RVGirl10
    RVGirl10 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm in! I started using a Fitbit about a month ago. Amazing how my step count just keeps increasing--not where I want to be yet, but getting better.
  • Raylo2006
    Raylo2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Day one and I walked 4km :)
  • matt_missy05
    matt_missy05 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in but how do I log this in so I can get reminders.
  • I'm in! Just finished 2 miles today.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    There. I aired out the dog.

I set my timer for 30 minutes and walked down to the waterfront. When it went off, I turned around and walked back home.

Three and a half miles. 6800 steps. It's nice to have a sunny day in the winter to start things off here.
  • IAmHere4MyHealth
    IAmHere4MyHealth Posts: 7 Member
    I'm looking for a step counter app for my phone. It's old, but new to me, and I have no idea how it works yet. I will probably be doing a time challenge instead of distance for now.
  • tiffness83
    tiffness83 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm in. I will do this. Asked for a vivofit2 for my bday which is in a couple weeks which will help with this too
  • SmurfBunny1027
    SmurfBunny1027 Posts: 150 Member
    Kicking off the month with a 1 mile walk around my neighborhood.

1 down, 30 to go!
  • roadrunner432
    roadrunner432 Posts: 12 Member
    Started off with a New Year's Day walk at the dog park. 45 min of fun with the dogs.
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    28, 413 steps today.... that's 12.6 miles!
    The scale will show that I do this every day eventually! :)
  • sassykids5
    sassykids5 Posts: 6 Member
    This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start tracking January 1st.

I'm in
  • sassykids5
    sassykids5 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in. Love walking
  • gruvergirl
    gruvergirl Posts: 11 Member
    According to my fitbit I have walked 15,000 steps (Goal was just 10,000---but I didn't turn around in time...ha!) So, not sure what that is with miles, except the walk that I logged with MapMySteps said it was 5.01 miles. The rest of the steps were running around the house cleaning, etc. Boy, am I sore! But we're off to a great start!
  • EstherH71
    EstherH71 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, my name is esther and Im new but have done my fitnesspal on and off for a while now. My family and I are doing the walking challenge starting tomorrow since I just saw the blog in my email tonight. Good luck to you all.
  • CrazyHarmonee
    CrazyHarmonee Posts: 13 Member
    I'm so in. I try to go for two 20 to 30 minute walks thru my neighborhood each day.