Practice Board

Replies

• goforit06
    goforit06 Posts: 132 Member
    My plan is to keep working on eating as clean as possible, and track everything else. As far as exercise goes, I want to keep working on toning up more and getting stronger. To help me stay motivated and not bored I am hoping to try more fitness classes at the gym, and making a goal of trying at least one new class a month. I am also planning on running my third half marathon in May, so a lot of my fitness will be directed towards running (at least for the first half of the year).

Congrats on the half marathons! That is amazing!! I'm super jealous as I want to just run a 5k. The clean eating is much easier than people make it. It makes you feel so much better inside and out when you choice to eat cleaner. I started about a month ago and it's fantastic!
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    I realized I didn't say anything about my eating. I will be trying to eat healthier, and not eating out as much. I don't have much money, but still eat way too much fast food. I am going to try and eat healthier while still trying to stay in a very small weekly budget.
  • texgal927
    texgal927 Posts: 67 Member
    texgal927 wrote: »
    chrisg3421 wrote: »
    My plan is too
    1) log all my food
    2) walk every day
    3) drink more water
    4) eat better

Does anybody have any ideas what else I can do?
    watch my sodium

I need to walk every day too

• texgal927
    great job hoping to lose at least 20 lbs. on this team
    starting a new part time job and looking for a fulltime
    job has been stressful
    Scherzie wrote: »
    Goal for 2016 is hitting my goal weight of 135 lbs and maintaining it- I'm around 17 lbs away. I'd also like to get back to running regularly, injury free.

No special plans other than to get back on track after Christmas with what I've been doing so far- eating less and moving more. I've lost 25 pounds since August with this routine and managed it easily enough. I know now what works for me and more importantly, its sustainable for life rather than a quick fix. I know that I won't work out every day but I don't have to. Sensible eating, regular intense movement twice a week (roller derby, trail running) along with the occasional Jillian Michaels morning shred works just fine. More importantly, I still eat cheese, chocolate, the odd bit of bread and pizza. Wine, coffee. Nothing is banned. If I thought I had to give something up forever, it would be all over.

My resting heart rate now sits around 56 bpm- it's a sign my fitness is improving which will inspire me to keep moving.

Good luck everyone!

Sounds like you are off to a great start! I've found that portion control is the key for me as well, anytime I have said that I was going to give up something it is a recipe for disaster.

• texgal927
    waiting on my CIZE to come.
    Etherlily1 wrote: »
    Things I'm Doing 2016:

1) Decreasing chemical intake. For instance, a friend handed me some "lemon" water he had purchased. It had the aftertaste of the junk you drink in preparation for a colonoscopy. I checked the ingredients and lemon juice wasn't amongst them. This step is for both physical, mental (who knows what effects are happening due to the chemicals), and spiritual.

2) Walk a minimum of 5,000 steps/day

3) No soda.

4) No sweet tea (I'm in the South, that's a bit hard)

5) No adding sugar to things.

6) Complete Jillian Michaels (The Screaming Lady) 90-Day Body Revolution

7) Meditate Daily

8) Do daily journal to check my mood in order to spot emotional triggers for binges and find ways to cope with them in a helpful manner. The hope is to get good enough to be able to end a craving before it has actually started.

9) Very limited fast food. (Keep calorie amount within normal home meal limit)

10) Once Michaels' program is complete move onto Les Mills' Body Pump (LOVE This program)

11) Complete Zombies! Run! 5K training, and move back into doing story episodes of the regular Zombies! Run! game. It tracks if you're moving or not, and I got some nice shirts for this running. 1) "If Zombies chase me I'm tripping you." 2) The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse is pretending I'm not excited, and 3) I'm training for the Zombie Apocalypse. :)
    adelinue wrote: »
    I've become a BeachBody junky! lol. It's just that their programs WORK.

I love BeachBody too. I picked up the new Shaun T program of Cize. It's crazy! I love it though. It also has the food container that the Fix does.

• texgal927
    started training for a job I left 11 1/2 yrs ago. As a pharmacy tech. this is only a part time job need a full time job still searching
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    My goal is to get back to doing my 10,000 steps a day. That got totally sidetracked with the birth of my grandbaby who had major health issues. I am her main caregiver while her mom works. I actually put on 20lbs this year sadly. Now that her health is better and she is almost a year old, I plan on getting my steps in and eating a cleaner and leaner diet. Move more and eat less, right?!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    started training for a job I left 11 1/2 yrs ago. As a pharmacy tech. this is only a part time job need a full time job still searching

I'm job hunting too. I got laid off Dec 18th.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    goforit06 wrote: »
    My goal is to make exercise part of my week. No more excuses! I'm going to start with this challenge and make myself a priority

Making yourself a priority is a great place to start!
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    My focus for 2016 is to become healthy. I have about 90lbs to lose and I realize it is going to take a year or more. I've finally come to accept that it has to be a lifestyle change, which I have been resisting for so long. My goal for this challenge is to
    1. plan meals
    2. log everything
    3. get back to 11,000 steps per day.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    watersm04 wrote: »
    My focus for 2016 is to become healthy. I have about 90lbs to lose and I realize it is going to take a year or more. I've finally come to accept that it has to be a lifestyle change, which I have been resisting for so long. My goal for this challenge is to
    1. plan meals
    2. log everything
    3. get back to 11,000 steps per day.

Great goals! VERY do-able!
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    My goals for 2016 is to workout at least 4x a week and to stay out of the drive thrus.
  • SweeteeBri
    Lee716 wrote: »
    My goals for 2016 is to workout at least 4x a week and to stay out of the drive thrus.

Lol. Yep...fast food is my natural enemy!! :)
  • atrosper
    looks like I might have to manually log my walking, as my fitbit died last night and I'm in the process of getting a new one on eBay. I'm hoping to get it sooner rather than later.
  • texgal927
    SweeteeBri wrote: »

I'm going back to something I have not done in 11 1/2 yrs part-time
  • texgal927

I'm going back to something I have not done in 11 1/2 yrs part-time

it is hard I finish training on Monday in there office then Wednesday go into the pharmacy in a grocery store
  • texgal927
    waiting on my CIZE to come.
    Etherlily1 wrote: »
    Things I'm Doing 2016:

1) Decreasing chemical intake. For instance, a friend handed me some "lemon" water he had purchased. It had the aftertaste of the junk you drink in preparation for a colonoscopy. I checked the ingredients and lemon juice wasn't amongst them. This step is for both physical, mental (who knows what effects are happening due to the chemicals), and spiritual.

2) Walk a minimum of 5,000 steps/day

3) No soda.

4) No sweet tea (I'm in the South, that's a bit hard)

5) No adding sugar to things.

6) Complete Jillian Michaels (The Screaming Lady) 90-Day Body Revolution

7) Meditate Daily

8) Do daily journal to check my mood in order to spot emotional triggers for binges and find ways to cope with them in a helpful manner. The hope is to get good enough to be able to end a craving before it has actually started.

9) Very limited fast food. (Keep calorie amount within normal home meal limit)

10) Once Michaels' program is complete move onto Les Mills' Body Pump (LOVE This program)

11) Complete Zombies! Run! 5K training, and move back into doing story episodes of the regular Zombies! Run! game. It tracks if you're moving or not, and I got some nice shirts for this running. 1) "If Zombies chase me I'm tripping you." 2) The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse is pretending I'm not excited, and 3) I'm training for the Zombie Apocalypse. :)
    adelinue wrote: »
    I've become a BeachBody junky! lol. It's just that their programs WORK.

I love BeachBody too. I picked up the new Shaun T program of Cize. It's crazy! I love it though. It also has the food container that the Fix does.

i enjoy my tea with stevia have for years I'm in Texas
  • texgal927
    atrosper wrote: »
    I realized I didn't say anything about my eating. I will be trying to eat healthier, and not eating out as much. I don't have much money, but still eat way too much fast food. I am going to try and eat healthier while still trying to stay in a very small weekly budget.

i buy a lot of frozen veggies they don't go bad and saute some chicken and add frozen veggies and you got a meal
  • SweeteeBri
    looks like I might have to manually log my walking, as my fitbit died last night and I'm in the process of getting a new one on eBay. I'm hoping to get it sooner rather than later.

Which one did you decide to get? The Fitbit Surge is on my Wish List!! :)
  • atrosper

Which one did you decide to get? The Fitbit Surge is on my Wish List!! :)

Whichever one I can afford and actually win. I'm waiting on two auctions to end, one for the charge and one for the flex. It might have to wait until I can actually afford to pay a little bit more.
This discussion has been closed.