P90x All Series - Please post your results.

Hi Folks,

For Christmas I am getting all the p90x series. For some inspiration I would like to invite you to post your story / pictures of your results.

For me I am going to start in order and looking forward to it! I am going to be 33 next year and I am overweight - 210 pounds. I have used MFP before in the past and for exercise just walked. I lost about 20 pounds and was happy with how I was looking but I need to ramp up things and get fitter.

Hope to drum up some inspiring stories here :)

Merry Christmas :)

Replies

• keysrock35
    keysrock35 Posts: 1 Member
    I've done it a few times before, and it has good results. Getting fat again, so I just started again today also (27 yo 6'1 185#). Good luck!
  • I'm on week 4, pictures coming soon :-)
  • benjaminD02
    benjaminD02 Posts: 105 Member
    Wicked thanks for the replies!! Come on other p90x fans where are you? :)
  • benjaminD02
    :(
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    I'm on my second round of X3 now but am doing it in combination with 21 Day Fix Extreme. The first round (Classic) was good in the first two blocks, but I felt boring at the third block (not as intense as the first two) and wouldn't consider that round as a 100% success (but still 90% since my waist measurement goes down a little bit).

I went to try ICF 5x5 for two weeks and decided to jump back to these programs because 1) it's very hard to use dumbbells as replacement and 2) it's really safer to have an experienced individual to stay next to me when I do the lifting with heavy (unstable) dumbbells.

But I did learn something from those two weeks though. Now I kind of get what I need to do more (increase weight when lifting and moderate cardio) and decide to do the Lean schedule with 21DFX. I might stop it and go back to my two-week heavy-lifting break but not sure at this time. We'll see!

Hope I can share some result pictures soon! :blush:
  • benjaminD02
    Hey Niniundiapin,

Thanks for the reply! Good to hear about waist measurements going down! Keep going with the good work, I can not wait to get started myself!

• niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Hey Niniundiapin,

Thanks for the reply! Good to hear about waist measurements going down! Keep going with the good work, I can not wait to get started myself!

Merry X'mas to you too! Enjoy your P90X series (and result!) :smile:
  • clint08911
    clint08911 Posts: 2 Member
    I did P90x 2 about a year ago, it really changed my life, I was doing things I thought I would never be able to, commit to the 3 months no matter what, and make sure your diet is good and you will see great results. The first 2-3 weeks is hard after that it becomes addicting
  • benjaminD02
    Hey Niniundiapin,

Merry X'mas to you too! Enjoy your P90X series (and result!) :smile:

Thanks so much :) I really really look forward to it. I didn't realise how old p90x is - from 2004!
  • benjaminD02
    clint08911 wrote: »
    I did P90x 2 about a year ago, it really changed my life, I was doing things I thought I would never be able to, commit to the 3 months no matter what, and make sure your diet is good and you will see great results. The first 2-3 weeks is hard after that it becomes addicting

Wicked thanks for the advice! How many calories did you intake when doing this on a daily basis? And what about days with no exercise?

Cheers :)

• benjaminD02
    Anyone else care to share?
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    edited January 2016
    Did it as a couple. Lost a combined 66 lbs. (His loss was 40-something, mine 20-something. Don't remember exact numbers.) Did the classic schedule. I'm about to start another round by myself (because he went back to school, on top of working full time. *sad face). No idea how I'm going to make it through the 90 minutes of yoga without him distracting me by laughing at me. Gawd, I hate yoga!!! But I'm determined.

Good luck! : )

uzlh46clazxk.jpeg
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited January 2016
    I made it most of the way through in the past but had to stop due to an injury. I loved it and am restarting it again. I loved the muscle gains. I lifted pretty heavy and found i had to move to heavier weights within two months. As a middl aged mom, it was incredibly satisfying to be able to do pull ups again after many years!

I never did follow the diet recommendations, and I am not again. This time I am using a very LCHF diet and it isn't slowing e down any.

Good luck. :)
  • RNsusieQ
    RNsusieQ Posts: 20 Member
    I haven't done P90X, but did 21 Day Fix & lost over 5 inches inches in 3 weeks. People on my team have used p90X & had great success too! I think a lot of our success comes from challenge groups because of the daily motivation, tips & accountability for each program. Good luck & enjoy!
  • benjaminD02
    Did it as a couple. Lost a combined 66 lbs. (His loss was 40-something, mine 20-something. Don't remember exact numbers.) Did the classic schedule. I'm about to start another round by myself (because he went back to school, on top of working full time. *sad face). No idea how I'm going to make it through the 90 minutes of yoga without him distracting me by laughing at me. Gawd, I hate yoga!!! But I'm determined.

Good luck! : )

uzlh46clazxk.jpeg

Thank you for posting and well done to both of you! Amazing results! I would love to lost 40lbs! Well done, keep going and enjoy the yoga!! Thanks!
  • benjaminD02
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I made it most of the way through in the past but had to stop due to an injury. I loved it and am restarting it again. I loved the muscle gains. I lifted pretty heavy and found i had to move to heavier weights within two months. As a middl aged mom, it was incredibly satisfying to be able to do pull ups again after many years!

I never did follow the diet recommendations, and I am not again. This time I am using a very LCHF diet and it isn't slowing e down any.

Good luck. :)

Hey nvmomketo,

Thank you too for the reply, can I ask why you didn't follow the diet? I am not going to tbh, I am happy with my current diet and I do not want to change it. I have just started to be able to do pull ups, which is kinda sad at 33. Oh well never to late to start right?!

Cheers :)
  • benjaminD02
    RNsusieQ wrote: »
    I haven't done P90X, but did 21 Day Fix & lost over 5 inches inches in 3 weeks. People on my team have used p90X & had great success too! I think a lot of our success comes from challenge groups because of the daily motivation, tips & accountability for each program. Good luck & enjoy!

Hi RNsusieQ,

Thanks for reply :) I have seen the adventures 21 DF! Nice results! What group? Is it here on MFP?

I personally have not started for two reasons,

1, My gym is not ready - lame excuse I know
    2, I want lose another 10 lbs with MFP

I currently walk 3/5 miles a day and do MFP and have lost 5lbs! When I have lost the 15lbs I will start and have my gym sorted by then :)

Thanks so much to all who replied :) Keep the images coming!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!