Hips A'Hoy Intros

writemusic4him
writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Hi Hips A'Hoy! Temptation Nation has nothing on you!

Take the time to get to know each other here. If you don't like your team name, then feel free to work with your team leader to come up with a different one fitting for the show.

Hope you're ready for Monday! If you haven't seen the main preview for the show, you can check it out on nbc.com.

HIPS A’HOY
1 Leebett - team leader
2 watersm04
3 WicklowWanderer
4 rhondaarthurgebhart
5 pghtrader
6 kblumline
7 healthierhappierpaige95
8 JALaReine
9 Marcy2421

Replies

• marcy2421
    marcy2421 Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey Team!!

Name: Marcy
    State or Country: New Jersey
    Time Zone: Eastern
    How many pounds want to lose during the show: 15-20lbs

I'm definitely excited to be doing one of these (I've only ever managed to join at like the end of one of these challenges) with you guys! I recently joined a new gym and I am incredibly excited to be making healthy changes in my life from working out to dieting. I plan to focus on the paleo diet as I had tried it once before and loved the amount of energy I had and how eating clean really just made me feel great.

Can't wait to get started!
  • Hi everyone!

Name: Paige
    State or Country: Wisconsin(when home-until Jan.25)/ Massachusetts(when at school)
    Time Zone: Central/Eastern
    How Many Pounds to lose during show: 20lbs

I'm super excited to be apart of this group and this team, and I can't wait to get started and get to know all of you! I'm focusing a lot on my running right now in preparation for my third half marathon at the end of May. I can't wait to hear about all of your goals and journeys!

• WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    Hey, I'm Tara

- Ireland
    - GMT
    - Say about 15-20 pounds to lose which will bring me to my overall goal weight of around 135.

I don't have a television cable subscription any more so no obvious way of keeping up with the show. Guess I'll have to trick a US online player into thinking I'm in the US to get caught up!

25 pounds down since last August but I need a kick into the New Year to get over an indulgent, boozy and lazy Christmas spent with my family in Toronto. I'll be back in Dublin from next Wednesday, so back on the straight and narrow with the odd run, JM shredding every second day and one to two roller derby training nights per week (2 to 3 hours, yikes!). Oh, and back to better eating and all my veggies too. I've eaten too much carb the last couple of weeks and it's actually made me feel a bit sick afterwards!

Good luck all!
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Welcome TEAM!!!

I'm Michelle from Ohio.
    I have a long way to go on this journey, but realistically I'd like to lose 20lbs during the course of the show.

I'd lost a lot of weight 2 years ago and then baby, dad, life etc. got in the way. I'm determined that 2016 will be my year all around.

Here we go!
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Don't forget to check in with the practice board! Let's get some bonus points before things even start!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Good luck Leebett and Hips A'Hoy!!
  • JALaReine
    JALaReine Posts: 20 Member
    Hey y'all!! I'm Jay
    State: Delaware
    Time Zone: EST
    And I'm looking to lose 30 pounds during this challenge!! I definitely have a long way to go but I'm here to work hard. 2016 definitely is my year!!!
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Hi Team,
    I'm Mary,
    Ontario, Canada
    I have about 90lbs to lose so am hoping for 20lbs from this challenge.
    I agree with you Jay, let's make 2016 our year!!!
  • Baby43204
    Baby43204 Posts: 123 Member
    Hello Friends,

Name: Melissa
    State or Country: Marion Ohio
    Time Zone: Eastern
    How many pounds want to lose during the show: 25- 35lbs

Sorry guys I am late joining the group but I been going through allot of back pain due to a degenerated disk in my lower back but I know my extra weight is not heling it so I am trying my best to stay active while I work fulltime and then workout for 2 hours a day 5 days a week. I am currently in physical therapy twice a week for my back. but I don't want that to get me down so I am here and ready to go. I need to get rid of my extra 63 lbs. I weigh 203 and want to get to 140-145 at least I was 160 when I went into the hospital in late June with pancreatitis but after many procedures the doctors come to find out that my pancreas has two bile ducts instead of one now so I really need to watch what I eat. so like I said I am here to win it this time. good luck to you all and don't be afraid to add me to your friend list.
This discussion has been closed.