*!* JANUARY 2016 Walking Challenge *!*

Replies

• Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    1/3/2016 -- 1.34 miles
    It's better than nothing considering today was a rest day.
  • tiffanygenovese
    tiffanygenovese Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in! Starting Monday
  • sbayliss3902
    sbayliss3902 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in
  • bioteach15
    bioteach15 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in! I took the dogs and baby out for a walk Friday (45 minutes) and Saturday (1 hour). Today did lots to walking while grocery shopping and shopping at Costco.
  • Sunsinern
    Sunsinern Posts: 19 Member
    a few minutes late for Sunday, but I walked around the grocery store for approx a half an hour, and helped a friend move all afternoon so lots of extra steps doing that :)
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Went for a walk down the track in my neighborhood- 2.4km 34 minutes. Have almost reached my steps goal and it's 7pm :)
  • vwoman
    vwoman Posts: 36 Member
    4/1 - 13597
    Got a walk in this morning
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,441 Member
    Good morning everyone. I'd like to join in please - I walked a lot last year but been slacking the past few months and getting back to it now; need the motivation with winter here now. I love walking outdoors but not so much indoors lol. But will have to depend on the treadmill over the next few weeks and that's way easier to talk myself out of
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

I carry a pedometer and keep track of all my walking and dancing for the day.

January 1--12,542 steps
    January 2--12,233 steps
    January 3--10,831 steps

• RVGirl10
    RVGirl10 Posts: 16 Member
    Sadly, I didn't meet my goal yesterday--should have known it was too ambitious. I did get in 7,060 steps, which means I've exceeded my general goal of 7,000 steps per day for six of the past seven days. Yay me for that anyway. :)

Today's goal is 7,000 steps. Work days are sometimes tough, but it is a cardio day so I should make it. Speaking of which, need to get moving.....

Have a great day!
    -Karen
  • TheresaHaus
    TheresaHaus Posts: 2 Member
    Sounds like a good start. I wear a Vivofit1. Count me in!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,441 Member
    Snooozie wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I'd like to join in please - I walked a lot last year but been slacking the past few months and getting back to it now; need the motivation with winter here now. I love walking outdoors but not so much indoors lol. But will have to depend on the treadmill over the next few weeks and that's way easier to talk myself out of

I was on my iPhone so it cut off the rest of my post LOL - which finished with "so this will be a good challenge to ensure I don't wussy out on days I can't get outside to walk. I use the Runkeeper app, so I'm not sure yet whether i'll be logging time or distance, but I WILL be logging one or the other every day!

Yesterday I walked for an hour bundled up from head to toe down at the waterfront path... i'm thinking carrying the extra weight from piling on parka, mittens, scarf and ear muffs helped me burn off a few extra cals?? :)
    (Well, it was worth a shot to claim....?) ha... but I did get in an hour walking nonetheless :)

• tiffness83
    tiffness83 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in :smile:
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Hello all!
    I'm back!!

1/1...26973/11.6 miles (took a hike)*
    1/2... 7023/3.0 miles
    1/3...11768/5.0 miles

*So far I have 8 miles out of 500 contributing to Jack London State Park's Klondike500 Challenge!
  • potterpj
    potterpj Posts: 11 Member
    I'd like to join!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    01/01/2016 - walked 1.88 miles - 40 mins
    01/02/2016 - walked 2.2 miles - 45 mins
    01/03/2016 - walked 2.2 miles - 45 mins
    01/04/2016 - walked 2.5 miles - 50 mins

It's not even 1 pm here and I almost have 10k steps in already. I'm not sure if my new FitBit is over calculating or if I'm just being that much more active since I'm wearing it now!
  • jncchildress
    jncchildress Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in. Anything special I need to know?
  • MacRec48
    MacRec48 Posts: 27 Member

I am in: 1/1 3028 steps, 1/2 3538, 1/3 4693. Hope to get to 10,000 by end of week!

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    I'm in. Anything special I need to know?

Just walk every day :-) Then log it here, either by time or steps.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Monday 4th January (04/27) - circa 10k steps :-)